The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

The lashings :whatga:  chromatica sounds so dated if I’m being honest and the tiresome production of some tracks just doesn’t entice people to listen to them :excuseme:

artpop as we all know was bad from the start :excuseme: swine has one of the worst production especially during the build up to the drop. Swine fest versions of the songs were miles better than the ones we got. Even Aura was butchered with the horrible re-recorded vocals my god 

I will give joanne her flowers because it gave her the head space to create the ASIB soundtrack which has her best ballads :bradley:

Popster This Way 902

As long as her acting career is not over people will keep interested in her

Lets be honest, ASIB is the reason why she’s still one of the most profitable artist in the world, otherwise with those tragic streaming numbers we will be real boatmates of Katy

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 11/14/2023 at 12:25 AM, Andreu said:

The chromatica daily numbers are embarassing there is not much we can do about it but its a shame

I guess its one of those cases we have to tell ourselves if they dont care why should we

Even if they cared chromatica numbers cant be saved

I understood that on my first listen of the album 

Edited by Ayobabylon

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 11/14/2023 at 3:47 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Chromatica / Artpop / Joanne 

Joanne is a beautiful album 

ARTPOP is messy but thats the point when creativity backfires, there is gaga soul in the album + it has many bops

Chromatica is her only miss 

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 11/14/2023 at 1:44 AM, ViviLittleM said:

France is so lucky having this one recorded. She said so many French words! She was a bit lazy during Traumatica Ball, not a lot of French sentences 

And i was crucified and given warnings for saying the same thing about TCB

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 11/14/2023 at 9:05 AM, Gabi said:

As long as her acting career is not over people will keep interested in her

Lets be honest, ASIB is the reason why she’s still one of the most profitable artist in the world, otherwise with those tragic streaming numbers we will be real boatmates of Katy

Gaga doesn't have or she cares making a radio friendly discography after she popped off with the fame

A star is born was the exception and it did well on charts and is stable on streams and has potential to even rise or re enter the charts 

On the other hand Katy, ariana, Taylor always make gp friendly music

Chromatica was the project which was the safest thing she did as a studio album since fame and it underperforming was not expected

Nobody expected joanne to pull MASSIVE numbers and ARTPOP was already too much for 2013-self-empowering-generic-radio-anthems with even her label saying it won't do good but she didn't gaf

If she wants lg-7 could be a great success it can happen so thats upto her if she wants to feed us totaly unrelatable stuff which her art allows but gets polarising reception or make a gp friendly likable project which could bring her easy acclaim and awards like rest of the trending popstars do

Edited by Ayobabylon