The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 11/13/2023 at 12:55 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Hype doesn't matter if you’re longetivity game

Anti debuted at #27 yet pushing 400WOC with riri being IA for almost 8 years 

I dont expect or want TFM hype 

She can debut at #2 unless the album serves sempiternal longetivity like TfM TD anti 1989 BTD ctrl and sos 

Cant believe sza has already achieved that

Only 2 albums in her catalog and im sure both will chart forever

Anti debuted at 28 because it was released in the middle of a thursday and it went straight to #1 on its first full tho

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 11/13/2023 at 1:33 PM, BloodyMary said:

PinkPantheress album is very cute and nice but nobody’s talking about it here. 

Disappointed but not surprised. 

I expected more from it tbh its okay but the way she described it beforehand made it seem like it would be something else imo

Edited by Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 28,620
x2
On 11/13/2023 at 7:55 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

the gays are IN DENIAL about PHAGTINI...the #1 dance the night stan is here to set them right about how flavourless this 'lead' is!

Day 3 on Shazam, not top 20 on any market... We'll see what happens with this one

Shazam Houdni:

#32 Australia (+16)
#40 Ireland (+22)
#43 Canada (+3)
#55 Finland (+23)
#103 Denmark (+44)

Dua Lipsters telling me Australia is usually the first on board for her smashes and rest of world follows… we shall see :dragon: 

Popster for Sale 44,832

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Houdini ends up smashing at all, regardless of personal feeling about the song, we've seen this play out with a lot of artists where they do meh numbers, big drops, but then end up viral on tiktok and pick back up. Ed Sheeran and Doja Cat comes to mind so maybe it doesn't bode well for how albums end up performing.

Regardless of whether Houdini ends up being a smash, the fact that the DL3 lead single is doing worse than DSN is not a not a great sign for her career trajectory.  She's a string of smash hits in the US, and she's still doing pre-FN numbers. She has clearly failed to build up a fanbase, and the GP attention is very fickle for her to stay afloat. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 11/13/2023 at 12:05 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Regardless of whether Houdini ends up being a smash, the fact that the DL3 lead single is doing worse than DSN is not a not a great sign for her career trajectory.  She's a string of smash hits in the US, and she's still doing pre-FN numbers. She has clearly failed to build up a fanbase, and the GP attention is very fickle for her to stay afloat. 

she and her team are too smart... for sure they have a good strategy for her comeback and even if Houdini flops, they do not care... it's not like in the past, a singer can recover from a bad first single choice

Popster to Popster 4,488
On 11/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, xo_hours said:

to think few years back BTW was barely averaging above ARTPOP & J***ne, now its rightfully smashing amongst the likes of TF/M & ASIB

spacer.png

Born This Way is her magnum opus.spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,832
On 11/13/2023 at 5:24 PM, Gagacharts said:

Heavy Metal Lover - 29.023.982 (+90.636) *New Peak on a Sunday

oop it's coming

after 2 messy predictions finally one of mine came through :mess:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,856
On 11/13/2023 at 7:21 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said: