The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,619
On 11/11/2023 at 1:07 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I don’t get the payola drag. Ya’ll would kill for Gaga to have Dua’s team.

There's nothing wrong with payola per sé, it's just that at this point of Dua's career coming from several hits and a big era especially when it comes to streaming, I would expect her to have bigger numbers properly also for the payola behind it.

Like she should pull 10 millions easily on a first single of the new era.

On 11/11/2023 at 2:43 PM, Thrasher said:

In all honesty… who cares if she’s p*ssed off 10 years old demos/pics being leaked after all this fanbase went through? :icant: 

It’s not even brand new music/new projects to be leaked. 

I wasn't even expecting this, and I'm not even an ARTPOP hardcore lover but damn she 100% knows how much a big part of this fanbase is passionately fighting to show support and love to that project over the last decade. I'm not that involved to be pressed but I totally understand why some people are kind of sad about her just putting a link to buy those stuff as a 'celebration'.

Popster This Way 898

I'm pretty sure she leaked those photos and demos herself...just to give us something:icant:

tbh it's not easy for gaga to just release "something", even if it's just one song there are lots of contracts to be signed and I do believe ACT II never went into recording, I hope she's already preparing her next album because this fanbase is turing into a Dua's fanclub.

• lol 3

The way Miley got 6 Grammy nominations after switching labels to Columbia, Plastic Hearts went N/A with Grammy noms under RCA.  I think Flowers is the main reason behind it but random album track Thousand Miles being in PopDuo.

:whatga:

Edited by Gaga Banana

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 11/11/2023 at 10:00 PM, danwasd said:

Ridiculous amount, her team is bad even at being greedy capitalists :nicki_scream:

i mean STUPID LOVE pretty much traumatized everybody with those 3k physical sales :mess:

A Popster Is Born 14,780
On 11/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, FRANZGA said:

i mean STUPID LOVE pretty much traumatized everybody with those 3k physical sales :mess:

Imagine being a SL stan, tho :katy:

Her team is absolutely oblivious if they think only 5k ppl will buy a G.U.Y. vinyl ffs :nicki_scream:

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 11/11/2023 at 3:38 PM, monketsharona said:

Just proving one more time how in her univers it's only about capitalising and recycling stuff to make easy money on fans / collectors over actually proposing interesting stuff.

As if she's going to get rich from a merch that's not going to sell that much anyway. If she really wanted money, she would have released ACT 2 or a couple of songs with different merch + other stuff to make fans really want to buy it. Gaga just doesn't want to relive that era in that way and that's fine since it was a very hard time for her back then. The merch could very well be Interscope doing stuff for it.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 11/11/2023 at 4:07 PM, Gabi said:

I'm pretty sure she leaked those photos and demos herself...just to give us something:icant:

tbh it's not easy for gaga to just release "something", even if it's just one song there are lots of contracts to be signed and I do believe ACT II never went into recording, I hope she's already preparing her next album because this fanbase is turing into a Dua's fanclub.

Also I think her past manager has some credits over ARTPOP and she actually said to me on twitter many years ago that she doesn't want to deal with anything having to do with her past management.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,367
On 11/11/2023 at 3:00 PM, danwasd said:

Ridiculous amount, her team is bad even at being greedy capitalists :nicki_scream:

I don't think this is her teams decision, all the UO singles day releases have the same amount of copies put on sale, but some of them last an hour and some of them last a year :billie: 

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 11/11/2023 at 3:02 PM, Leptine said:

There's nothing wrong with payola per sé, it's just that at this point of Dua's career coming from several hits and a big era especially when it comes to streaming, I would expect her to have bigger numbers properly also for the payola behind it.

Like she should pull 10 millions easily on a first single of the new era.

Oh I know and I’m not contesting that. I just expressed my feelings about people dragging having payola, when in fact there’s nothin wrong with it imo. The numbers are a totally different thing as you and BenG pointed out.

:gaga-thanks:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,619
On 11/11/2023 at 3:11 PM, Gaga Banana said:

The way Miley got 6 Grammy nominations after switching labels to Columbia, Plastic Hearts went N/A with Grammy noms under RCA.  I think Flowers is the main reason behind it but random album track Thousand Miles being in PopDuo.

Grammys have became like this nowadays, it's about popularity mostly, aside from few exceptions that somehow managed to enter in their circle like Jon Baptiste or HER,  they're basically like VMAs these days, just look at the nominations this year more than ever, don't get me wrong, it's still nice to get a recognition from them, but they lost a lot of credibility, they reward pop artists only if they smash and rarely when they do something good in quality like Miley did with 'Plastic Hearts' but ignored with that project because she wasn't pulling big numbers or smashing.

Edited by Leptine
  • love 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, Gaga Banana said:

thats particularly due to Brandie Carlile, for some reason the Academy loves nom her