The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 3,908

Either gaga must make her magnum opus or she should tank hard

This mediocre success and desperate cashgrabs aren't taking her career or her name anywhere:enigma:

Spoiler

she is in her comfort zone with easy money flowing in, she needs a push to explore her creativity 

• thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 2:09 PM, corvus albus said:

I guess tremendous warmth in her heart doesn't make her happy nowadays.

I'm not quite sure where the disconnect between us is. "The album was traumatic to make, thanks for validating it" 

Doesn't mean she wants to revisit it. 

In both tweets you've posted, she mentions destruction, drugs and her being in pain in relation to Artpop. It's easy to reason that she doesn't want to revisit it. 

On 11/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, Ayobabylon said:

This mediocre success and desperate cashgrabs aren't taking her career or her name anywhere:enigma:

Hide contents

she is in her comfort zone with easy money flowing in, she needs a push to explore her creativity 

I don't expect her to top Born This Way at any point in the future.   

Moderator 17,112
On 11/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, Thatkat4 said:

I'm not quite sure where the disconnect between us is. "The album was traumatic to make, thanks for validating it" 

Doesn't mean she wants to revisit it. 

In both tweets you've posted, she mentions destruction, drugs and her being in pain in relation to Artpop. It's easy to reason that she doesn't want to revisit it. 

She has always used her pain for her art, not just ARTPOP. You think Speechless came from a happy place? Marry The Night? Joanne? She literally screamed in pain in the 911 music video. I guess her pain is an easy argument for disliking a certain album only.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,581
x2
On 11/10/2023 at 6:09 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

and we see it has no notable run outside of UK like a true henderson'd guetta tea song ? :enigma:

Added as #1 on Hits Du Moment and obviously been doing well in Scandinavia hihi 

It’s coming to storm Europe on NYE

The Motto tea :carly_bye: 

On 11/10/2023 at 8:26 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Reveal hidden contents

She has Joker 2 lined up, it is clear a new studio album is not a top priority, other that she is now in a career phase she doesn’t need to hustle to make money. She has Vegas that makes good cash for her and her biggest asset being a performer is more than enough for her to make money for life on that alone. Also, the music climate today is like if you don’t smash smash, all money is taken by the label. Would you like to work and someone else taking most of the money out of it while you could do something else to get more money for yourself ?

Edited by Gaga Banana
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 14,780

I’m not sure about giving her money bc on the one hand she’s a lil too obvious these days, but on the other hand is f-ing ARTPOP merch :gaga-scream:

I don’t know what to do :(

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 11/10/2023 at 8:40 PM, danwasd said:

I’m not sure about giving her money bc on the one hand she’s a lil too obvious these days, but on the other hand is f-ing ARTPOP merch :gaga-scream:

Don’t buy it, honestly. 

A Popster Is Born 11,540
On 11/10/2023 at 8:35 PM, corvus albus said:

She has always used her pain for her art, not just ARTPOP. You think Speechless came from a happy place? Marry The Night? Joanne? She literally screamed in pain in the 911 music video. I guess her pain is an easy argument for disliking a certain album only.

She literally had a heavy depression and expressed it on Chromatica's lyrics, per her own words she was sitting at the bench and wanted to burn it etc etc, but yeah, only ARTPOP is painful and let's not bring it up ever again... The mental gymnastics just for the sake of hating the album / era are something else :overit:

On 11/10/2023 at 2:35 PM, corvus albus said:

Because theres a difference and if you can't see it then i'll just stop arguing with you. 

If y'all want to keep harping on her for paying Artpop dust, be my guest. But never forget that you might not have a women to harp on if things played out slightly differently. 

Popster for Sale 44,657
On 11/10/2023 at 7:40 PM, danwasd said:

wait until tomorrow maybe at least shell write a post and give a semblance of a f- :icant:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 14,780
On 11/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

wait until tomorrow maybe at least shell write a post and give a semblance of a f- :icant:

At least a promo code :whatga:

Spoiler

not me begging for the bare bare minimum while tay fans get 250 albums a year with vault tracks, a new low for me

• hugs 1

On 11/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, PanPikus said:

She literally had a heavy depression and expressed it on Chromatica's lyrics, per her own words she was sitting at the bench and wanted to burn it etc etc, but yeah, only ARTPOP is painful and let's not bring it up ever again... The mental gymnastics just for the sake of hating the album / era are something else :overit:

I don't hate the era. I love Artpop. I still have the special foil edition sitting on my desk as I type this. But I remember the era. I remember how bad it got. Gaga shouldn't have to go back to something that nearly killed her. I've accepted that the era is dead and buried. 

Edited by Thatkat4
danwasd took offence where none was intended

A Popster Is Born 14,780
On 11/10/2023 at 8:46 PM, Thatkat4 said:

I don't hate the era. I love Artpop. I still have the special foil edition sitting on my desk as I type this. But I remember the era. I remember how bad it got. Gaga shouldn't have to go back to something that nearly killed her. I've accepted that the era is dead and buried. Other fans should do the same. 

get a life

• lol 2

It seems like whenever I try to make a point, I p*ss someone off. Guess I'll just delete this account because it's not fun anymore. I love Gaga but it's hard to be a member here when you guys get upset at her multiple times a week. Almost like an abusive relationship. 

Guess I will get a life. Bye forever. Enjoy your meltdowns. :peacega:

edit: by delete, i mean changing my email address to a temp email and changing my password to something to something impossible to guess. Only way to do that on here it seems. 

Edited by Thatkat4
  • sad 1