The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 11/10/2023 at 1:18 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

It was always going to be between Lana and SZA this year. Lana feel more overdue, but SOS was a critical and commercial smash. It can go to either one of them.

OMGG

• yaas, gaga 1

On 11/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, XXXlop said:

Chromatica deserved being nominated for AOTY, especially after seeing this year's nomination list....:overit:

it likely could've, along w ASIB the prev year, had the secret committee been abolished then, that's the reason why the Grammys have been more populous then ever

• sad 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:42 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I still find it funny how well received it was by critics (79 on MC) and how mixed the fan base is on it. lol. 

Random but fans online are not representing fans in real world. Most of my friends agree on the fact Chromatica is her best album since BTW. So yeah I would not take stan Twitter / ATRL fans opinion as a real fact 

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,650
On 11/10/2023 at 4:42 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I still find it funny how well received it was by critics (79 on MC) and how mixed the fan base is on it. lol. 

Honestly MC is pointless. Judging by the trend the last few year her next album is already practically guaranteed to have a higher score than Chromatica, and possibly than any prior album of hers. 

• thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:58 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Tonight, I will be streaming AOTY-nominated album Endless Summer Vacation:applause: It's unlikely to win, but imagine the fumes of certain users.    

Honestly our nominations at Grammys 2022 were also a big reach in some categories and solely given the fact it was last Tony Bennett's last album. And on the other side Chromatica would have definitely deserved a nod in some general catagories being one of the major album released during lockdown.

So yeah we'll have to agree not everything is going as we expect.

Edited by monketsharona

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 11/10/2023 at 5:48 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

...and yes I will still be tracking LG7's MC critic score and celebrating if it's good :catwalk:

I was going all in until I saw this post, lol. 

MC is not pointless imo, individual critics and their publications - yes, but all of them combined are still an important measure method.

I wouldn’t be so sure about Gaga’s future projects receiving better scores just because. Hoping for it of course.

Chromatica was a step up for Gaga, especially from her previous two studio albums and there’s no denying it. Having said that, I’m fully aware it’s not her most acclaimed album as some people mistakenly think judging solely on the MC score. It’s just her best reviewed album, which is a cute feat. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 11/10/2023 at 9:22 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

right like there's just a certain charisma missing, and her lyrics are never very interesting, they feel writing camp'd

it's not for me either

but I can't deny the records are great, will definitely be bumping to this in the gym, and she's very hardworking

Popster to Popster 3,908

Seems like tay will be snatching another record from ga this grammy season

I predict her winning atleast 2 grammys and a 14 times winner

Stefani you better listen woman, lets get serious, make a flawless album you can do this:romance:

Popster to Popster 4,614
On 11/9/2023 at 11:30 PM, Delusional said:

Except most of the collabs have served numbers and awards - and I’ve stanned Cardi since Press

Not Cardi ended up being the only female rapper this year not getting any Grammy nominations after this post :icant:

Popster to Popster 3,908

My grammy prediction (winners)

Aoty : sos(45%) or lana album(30%) or midnights (25%)

Roty : billie eilish wwimf (100%)

Soty : wwimf (55%)or flowers (45%)

BPVA : midnights (60%) or ESV(40%)

BPDP : lana ft jon bastile (100%)

BPSP : wwimf (40%) vampire (30%) anti hero (30%)