The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 11/9/2023 at 10:47 PM, Doncho said:

Gaga songs are not relatable for the most part, and the newer generation doesnt really connect with her. Im sure if you ask on the street to teens (12-16), most of them cant even name 3 Gaga songs :disappointed:

Which is sad because she is way more talented than all these new tik tok "stars" combined

Having a song pull 13k more streams than usual doesnt mean that they love her

I mean whose fault is that? 

it was cool when she was at her peak career and songwriter wise e.g judas lyrics are not relatable but how its represented is flawless

But now she is 40 and her audience is in 20s and most of them have moved on

To cater to younger audience either she needs to make those pop classic hits but that won't happen easy 

The other and better option is to tone down a bit and make music which is relatable to people bc nobody will listen to i keep my dolls inside diamond boxes and id rather be dry type of lyrics until the beat is sick no matter how amazing those lyrics are

They will prefer b*ch i said what i said, its me hi im the problem, tell me whats your motive, i got you moonlight you are my starlight type of relatable, easy to comprehend music regardless of quality 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,891
On 11/9/2023 at 2:31 PM, Arturo said:

Gaga at 507,000 album units for the BB200. Notice this only includes albums that charted in the BB200 from Nov 2022-Nov 2023 so only The Fame and Born This Way's weeks charting

SZA :oprah:

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 11/9/2023 at 7:07 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Bloody mary forming a hunchback larger than Taylor’s:katy_pie:

Harleys coming to out-stream

We-

On 11/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, Ayobabylon said:

They will prefer b*ch i said what i said, its me hi im the problem, tell me whats your motive, i got you moonlight you are my starlight type of relatable, easy to comprehend music regardless of quality 

they should prefer SO BABY TELL ME YES, AND I W ILL BE YOUR EVERYTHING :happydance:

Popster to Popster 4,602
On 11/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, Delusional said:

The win is where…

Certainly not in the 'Bongos' failed attempt to recreate another WAP after tones of flop singles and collabs.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 11/9/2023 at 7:18 PM, Leptine said:

Said the Britney stan :icant:

the audacity
Awkward Britney Spears GIF

Spotify top songs yday
Hold Me Closer 377k
Super Freaky Granny 366k
Say Something 293k
Rain On Me 268k

The fact she was able to end JK Rowiling with one book speaks for itself! Nicki going back to her debut album and ice spice for clout chiii

Popster to Popster 4,602
On 11/9/2023 at 8:37 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

the audacity
Awkward Britney Spears GIF

Spotify top songs yday
Hold Me Closer 377k
Super Freaky Granny 366k
Say Something 293k
Rain On Me 268k

The fact she was able to end JK Rowiling with one book speaks for itself! Nicki going back to her debut album and ice spice for clout chiii

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 11/9/2023 at 7:30 PM, Leptine said:

Certainly not in the 'Bongos' failed attempt to recreate another WAP after tones of flop singles and collabs.

Cardi’s droplet era produced lots of quality work and introduced new sound into her discography and giving her amazing gems like Tomorrow 2, PIOTFA and Wild Side :enigma: 

“I know the stiff hoes can’t relate”

Edited by Delusional