The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 11/6/2023 at 12:12 AM, ConnorFilm said:

I really hope the next album is a mix between ASIB and P!nk. The boomers will be on her side if she gives them the right music. Lol. 

On 11/6/2023 at 12:22 AM, ConnorFilm said:

You can have a pop sound, but it makes sense to move into the more adult contemporary/Pink area of pop where it's more subdued. I really expect the next album to have a pop sound mixed with ASIB/Joanne. 

On 11/6/2023 at 12:51 AM, ConnorFilm said:

I want another pop song like Hair Body Face tbh. 

Oh Connor, it’s bed time for you, cutie pie. 

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 10,522
On 11/6/2023 at 12:17 AM, corvus albus said:

I don't care about boomers, I want good music. Pinks album haven't been good since 2008, so I really don't want her to do Pink.

Thank you so much. I was totally in love with her but her last couple of albums are sounding exactly the same in a very tamed and safe way.

I miss her punk rock vibes when she was like 'I don't give a F about everything' mode

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 11/6/2023 at 4:19 AM, BloodyMary said:

Miss ga ga been getting that warnings since 2nd half of 2020 to now with non stop flops. 

She’s scared to release an album because its going to be a massive flop. 

I still remember her ig story claming Love For Sale as her 7th studio album in the middle of a tracking week after she find out about the disaster numbers.

There are 60% chances they her album is going to underperform

But who is to blame? where is the passion & hunger? There is no fire like she had in past. Working with her friends and lazy producers

honestly if LG-7 doesn't have an exciting concept she can keep it

how can she run out of ideas in her 30s 

She is so talented but where is the musical spark 

Good thing she has a successful acting career now bc with current standard LG-7 aint cracking even joanne’s debut

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 11/6/2023 at 2:10 AM, Miaou said:

Gaga team should take notes but we all know the only note they will take is a discount on ITunes 

gaga cant even sell 300k with all the tricks under her belt she has lost touch with whats demanding and she doesn't care either...and good for her but atleast she should make excellent music to cope with that as people say her last good album was released in 2011 

She is not marketable like Taylor, Taylor has intense chokehold on 90% of young females and what a smart move to capitalise on their insecurities 

Even at her worst she will be cracking 500k debut and forever live in biggest stadiums for her concerts...she has built her legacy so strong 

the fact that her music is not even that excellent or built on solid themes ..these artists like billie, olivia, dua are gonna fade in 10 years and she would still compete and outsell a new generation of artists in 2030.

hitting peak at 17th year of your career is insane and she will reach new peaks for next 3-4 years as well 

Even Michael Jackson was declining at that time 

• thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:34 PM, Andreu said:

Wait the EMAs simply released te list of winners despite the show being cancelled :icant:

Full List of "2023 MTV EMA" Awards

Best Afrobeats: Rema
Best Alternative: Lana Del Rey
Best Artist: Taylor Swift
Best Collaboration: KAROL G and Shakira - "TQG"
Best Electronic: David Guetta
Best Hip Hop: Nicki Minaj
Best K-Pop: Jung Kook
Best Latin: Anitta
Best Live: Taylor Swift
Best New: Peso Pluma
Best Pop: Billie Eilish
Best Push: Tomorrow X Together
Best R&B: Chris Brown
Best Rock: Maneskin
Best Song: Jung Kook Featuring Latto - “Seven”
Best Video: Taylor Swift - “Anti-Hero”

FULL LIST OF 2023 MTV EMA BEST LOCAL ACT AWARDS
Best African Act: Diamond Platnumz
Best Asia Act: BE:FIRST
Best Australian Act: Kylie Minogue
Best Brasilian Act: Matue
Best Canadian Act: Shania Twain
Best Caribbean Act:Young Miko
Best Dutch Act: FLEMMING
Best French Act: Bigflo & Oli
Best German Act: Kontra K
Best Hungarian Act: ajsa luna
Best India Act: Tsumyoki
Best Italian Act: Måneskin
Best Lat Am North Act: Kenia OS
Best Lat Am Central Act: Feid
Best Lat Am South Act: Lali
Best New Zealand Act: SIX60
Best Nordic Act: Käärijä
Best Polish Act: Doda
Best Portuguese Act: Bispo
Best Spanish Act: Samantha Hudson
Best Swiss Act: Gjon’s Tears
Best UK & Ireland Act: Tom Grennan
Best US Act: Nicki Minaj

I'm sorry but Jung Kook winning best k-pop...:katy: All his songs are in English, NewJeans deserved

Popster to Popster 4,016

Whats disappointing is that there is no competition left between her and 10s popstars bc she is continuously releasing, winning awards, acclaim and ruling charts, streams and tours 

Meanwhile her peers either are certfied flops now, or declining, or dgaf about music bc its not enhancing their networth or 1-2 left like beyoncé who are massive stars but still nothing compare to her stardom

10 years ago she was big as well but her peers were always releasing music and topping charts 

A Popster Is Born 10,522

I mean there's a lot of artists (outside 2000s pop girls, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift) still releasing music regularly without smashing or doing huge numbers but pushing very interesting stuff. 

But I feel like online stans are only about numbers and it's sad. 

I totally lost interest in Lady Gaga over the last year, I never joined the Taylor Swift hype train but 2023 was such a great great music year for me... So maybe it's time for some to use Lady Gaga's break from music has a chance to listen to other stuff ? I did and it was actually nice :oops:

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 11/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, monketsharona said:

I mean there's a lot of artists (outside 2000s pop girls, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift) still releasing music regularly without smashing or doing huge numbers but pushing very interesting stuff. 

But I feel like online stans are only about numbers and it's sad. 

I totally lost interest in Lady Gaga over the last year, I never joined the Taylor Swift hype train but 2023 was such a great great music year for me... So maybe it's time for some to use Lady Gaga's break from music has a chance to listen to other stuff ? I did and it was actually nice :oops:

Yeah, the constant „this or that will have better streaming numbers, so Gaga should do it” is truly the worst thing that comes out of the stan world. It really destroys any and every enjoyment that we should have from experiencing the music.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Who gives a sh!t if LG7 flops? Gaga is a millionaire, and can probably remain a millionaire off of only acting. I don't want some bland Taylor or P!nk music from Gaga. Gaga isn't as marketable as Taylor whose whole brand is being vanilla and always being in a PR relationship.

• thanks 5
  • lol 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 11/6/2023 at 11:08 AM, Gagacharts said:

Spotify Daily Artists:

#62 (+1) Lady Gaga

#69 (+1) Katy Perry

#71 (-2) Miley Cyrus

#76 (-5) Beyonce *she is dropping hard

Bey :dead: