The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 11/4/2023 at 9:14 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

90s act Vs. Late 2000’s debut Her Pop(tm) FOUGHT to do pop bops w regardless of longevity - she didn’t run to AC first sign of flop. Womaniser should actually be doing 700k when we take away bias… Pop’s heiress didn’t 

Oops I Did It Again Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

Spotify Yday:

Work B!tch 101k
——-Barrier——

Stupid Love 68k

The pettiness, lmao. I really don’t care about streams like you do, but even I am aware that those Britney songs you listed are not what you claim they are.

@hearteyesforuna this user on TikTok has a “Monster” sound with over 10K video. This morning the sound had like 15K videos, now over 17.2K.

there are multiple videos with thousands of likes 

• paws up 5
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,823
On 11/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, DonnieDarko said:

The pettiness, lmao. I really don’t care about streams like you do, but even I am aware that those Britney songs you listed are not what you claim they are.

coming from the pettiest person in the world !

I never know what’s real or fake with you
:katy:

Britney’s classics remain classics!

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster for Sale 57,255
On 11/4/2023 at 10:29 PM, Stats4LG said:

How is Nicki’s new album being released on vinyl next month… but the album isn’t done. :awkney:

Her releases are always a MESS

Like when she tucked FEFE a collab that was already in another album into Queen halfway through the release week to inflate the opening sales and total sales :laughga:

And then went on to throw a rant about 'fraudulence' because Travis Scott blocked her from #1 during his second week :icant:

She's probably scared to be blocked by 1989 TV like 1989 blocked her back in the day :mess:

Edited by Fame Romance

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 11/4/2023 at 8:47 AM, Fame Romance said:

ChartsMasters admin regarding Smile's album units on their website:

YouTube views of course count on CSPC lists, they weren’t retrieved for Smile though. That album wasn’t out when studied. What happens here, is that as the algorithm only knows Smile’s Spotify data, it uses the Spotify to EAS career average of Katy Perry to convert these streams into sales. So the YouTube views of Smile are calculated based on the average of One of The Boys, Teenage Dream, Prism, Witness and orphan songs’ results, which obviously inflates its conversion as it performed much poorly there compared to its predecessors.

Quite possibly, if Katy Perry gets updated, this album would go down overall even with pure sales added, as they stand at 180k + 44k from Chinese downloads, which would be weighted at 75% on its case, plus songs’ downloads but as we know these are very low these days.

This confirms it supposedly having 2.6M global streaming units is fake as they just used an average of the YouTube views of her previous albums which did amazing on the platform when Smile clearly bombed :icant:

I knew it was impossible for Smile to only have like 1M less sales than Chromatica, the real sales should be like 2M for Smile and 4M for Chromatica

Is 4M SPS worldwide what Chromatica should be at right now? Last time I checked, I think I was told it was around 3-something.

Do we know what the worldwide SPS for Stupid Larva and Rain on Me are? 

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 11/4/2023 at 8:07 PM, boobatella said:

Taylor might be huge with streaming and sales now (inflated by streaming farms and fans mass buying her music) but she doesn’t have the iconic influence on music like many other artists through history have had like Freddie Mercury or The Beatles and comparing Taylor with them is insane :rip:

people won’t remember songs like shake it off in 50 years or think of her songs as timeless classics or songs that changed the history of music

Yup, I mean Taylor is huge nowadays nobody says she's not but some people really goes beyond with her success, when people talks about Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury etc, their first memory of them is never about how much they sold, you'll always get a lot more respect from people when they see you as a huge talent. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 11/4/2023 at 9:34 PM, DonnieDarko said:

He is trolling.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 11/4/2023 at 4:42 PM, Stargazer said:

this new 4K remaster looks so clean. I wish we would get proper remasters of Godga’s MV, and not upscaled versions.

This looks amazing in 4k.

The situation with BR still being in 360p basically it's embarrassing.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,255
On 11/4/2023 at 11:33 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Is 4M SPS worldwide what Chromatica should be at right now? Last time I checked, I think I was told it was around 3-something.

Do we know what the worldwide SPS for Stupid Larva and Rain on Me are? 

ChartMasters reports 3.65M units for the album but the pure sales are not updated since 2020, and it had its vinyl release in 2021 which might have added 200-300k sales 

Chromatica should place at 3.9-4M global units

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 11/5/2023 at 7:41 AM, Fame Romance said:

ChartMasters reports 3.65M units for the album but the pure sales are not updated since 2020, and it had its vinyl release in 2021 which might have added 200-300k sales 

Chromatica should place at 3.9-4M global units

Are you sure about that? :ohhh: