The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 22,755
On 10/26/2023 at 8:20 AM, Andreu said:

Bobe: release lg7 or do a random appeareance every week

Gaga:

oh she is definitely getting ready for her rock era and generating buzz with those little appearances :applause:

A Popster Is Born 10,452
On 10/26/2023 at 8:18 AM, Miaou said:

Her rock era is definitely coming

Yeah definitely some rock vibes. Let's not forget she started following Wet Leg in summer 2022 and she teased this early 2022 :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZV5eHJLeSM/

Maybe she's working on next project for some time now and we just don't know.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 10,452

I would totally love her to serve a warm disco rock album

Serving Queen, Pink Floyd, CHIC, U2 vibes mixed together

I'd like this more than agressive vocals / noisy rock. If she does this I fear we're here for more screamingGa era :bebe:

Edited by monketsharona

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 10/26/2023 at 12:05 PM, boobatella said:

she is definitely getting ready for her rock era

Hopefully not🤲

Fad allegations would strength bc no one likes rock music in 2023 back in 90s it was a major genre thats why RS & U2 are best selling artists 

She cant make c-wordy pop music either like she used to make 10 years ago 

Pop-ballads looks like the only safe option where she can win critical acclaim, streams+sales and major awards all together but looking at her recent persona i think she is opting for loud music once again like perfect illusion (a great song but we can tell why it tanked)

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,901

Her entire discography has a positive WOW streams and then there is chromatica

The irony that this being her only album with massive streaming Artist collabs and a proper streaming era album its really sad and tragic

https://x.com/spotify_gaga/status/1717314091977470099?s=20.

Spoiler

It will be truly over for chromatica once g.u.y starts gaining traction on TikTok 

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,755
On 10/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Hopefully not🤲

Fad allegations would strength bc no one likes rock music in 2023 back in 90s it was a major genre thats why RS & U2 are best selling artists 

source: the voices in your head?

Plenty of people like rock music in 2023, me being one of them. See Plastic Hearts for example - it’s a strong body of work and a good balance between rock, pop and ballads. If Gaga executes a great and well-thought album with good vocals (not too much "screaming", it could work really well and appear to a wide audience.

I’d die for a proper rock era from her :giveup: she seems so happy singing this genre

Edited by boobatella
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 5

A Popster Is Born 10,452
On 10/26/2023 at 9:42 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Hopefully not🤲

She cant make c-wordy pop music either like she used to make 10 years ago 

Pop-ballads looks like the only safe option where she can win critical acclaim, streams+sales and major awards all together but looking at her recent persona i think she is opting for loud music once again like perfect illusion (a great song but we can tell why it tanked)

Well it's Gaga she's always doing pop on her albums. So even if she's going into rock universe. It will still be mainstream pop / dance music influenced by rock music. Even Joanne was basically pop music.

At the best she'll be serving her Plastic Hearts era which is basically pop. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,755

With these rock collabs she is getting lots of clout and recognition from older rock heads. People who have never been a fan of her are praising her voice, her performing skills etc :giveup:

oh GODga :giveup:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 10/26/2023 at 1:19 PM, boobatella said:

source: the voices in your head?

Plenty of people like rock music in 2023, me being one of them. See Plastic Hearts for example - it’s a strong body of work and a good balance between rock, pop and ballads. If Gaga executes a great and well-thought album with good vocals (not too much "screaming", it could work really well and appear to a wide audience.

I’d die for a proper rock era from her :giveup: she seems so happy singing this genre

Plastic Hearts is pop first then rock (mostly covers) prisoners is pop, midnight sky is disco pop, angles like you is a pop ballad all being the singles from the album

Its extremely hard to make a pure rock banger the one i can remember is zombies by the cranberries 

The most rockly album u will listen today is GUTS by olivia and Nothing is sticking from it so far

And anyways so many artists in recent albums have made rock and disco music idk why y'all want same from gaga 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 646
On 10/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, monketsharona said:

Random thought but her performing Shallow with U2 actually breaks the narrative about her not releasing CBT just because Shallow, ARUTW and HM are performed there.

I would say that SAG's strike doesn't affect her activities as a singer (a.k.a. making a live performance).

Another complete thing is releasing a filmed concert on Netflix or in theaters.

A Popster Is Born 10,452
On 10/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, XXXlop said:

I would say that SAG's strike doesn't affect her activities as a singer (a.k.a. making a live performance).

Another complete thing is releasing a filmed concert on Netflix or in theaters.

Well it's still a song from a visual media. Her CBT was an activity from a singer not an actress promoting movies. There were like zero mention to ASIB or Top Gun.

I honestly still think that narrative is something LMs like to hold, just because they fear Gaga has actually scrapped the project.

Just my opinion but I don't see why SAG would prevent Lady Gaga releasing a music concert, they have far more important issues to care right now. If they did, well not sure they'll like the fact Gaga was 'promoting ASIB' yesterday.

Edited by monketsharona
  • thanks 1