The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, monketsharona said:

Depends how post-production is doing. And if it needs some reshoots, which happens regularly

Fingers crossed the strike is over in the next couple of weeks honestly, it's tiring. 

does the strike affect post-production though? isn't is just actors that are on strike?

I don't know how much time reshoots usually take but considering the fact that shooting for the film took 4 to 5 months I guess the strike would have to last at least a few months more for it to really affect J:FAD 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,920
x3

The fact that Stupid Love was her big return to the pop music scene after the ARTPOP era:rip:  

How could anyone forgive this song? I refuse to believe that her grand return to the pop music after a decade was this song. I hate this song so much:nicki_scream:

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/25/2023 at 6:28 AM, Leptine said:

Not really, I never denied her struggles, but I'm kind of tired of this narrative especially heavily pushed on ATRL acting like she is a martyr or something, the entertainment industry is not easy for anyone, especially women, nobody had it easy, not just Britney Spears, hystorically tones of people from the industry went trough tones of even much more sh!t before her (Marylin Monroe, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, ecc).

Gaga didn't it have it easy as well, but she found the strenght to get up again and recognize that despite her struggles to be blessed to be in the position that she is, the same tones of other people from the industry, you need to find the strenght to not be eaten up, it has always been like that in that enviroment.

Where Marilyn, Michael and Whitney not strong enough? Because we all know how those stories ended. Saying x didn't have it bad because y and z went through worse is just victim-blaming rhetoric. Britney went through things no one should have to go through, regardless of how she handled them. I actually think she is quite strong to have made it through them coupled with the pressures of fame, somehow. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:19 PM, little legend said:

The fact that Stupid Love was her big return to the pop music scene after the ARTPOP era:rip:  

How could anyone forgive this song? I refuse to believe that her grand return to the pop music after a decade was this song. I hate this song so much:nicki_scream:

STFU

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/25/2023 at 4:19 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

This. Shallow is great, but stans should stop pretending that they genuinely enjoy Joanne and most of ASIB. 

And people like you also need to realize that Gaga also has a lot of fans who loves her because of her voice and talent and not only because of her pop songs. When an artist like Gaga is showing a great amount of versatility then she's going to gain fans because of it aswell so there's no pretending.

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/25/2023 at 6:12 PM, Andreu said:

So i am hearing Nicki delayed her album to avoid competing with the Artpop rerelease?? :darkmode:

Yes :darkmode:

It would be a bloodbath for the #47 position I fear :darkmode:

• lol 5

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/25/2023 at 7:39 PM, FRANZGA said:

this is why I'm telling y'all that Taylor is cult-based crntric.. her cult base literally put her discog on-loop nonstop :icant:

the way a tweet like this has 20k likes is insane :banana: 

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 10/26/2023 at 2:41 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

the way a tweet like this has 20k likes is insane :banana: 

her Big CULT Stans are playing her discog on-loop INFLATING her stats heavily :dead:

Like Shallow's Top Listener has 20k minutes..

This is for Spotify Stat Users btw.. Last.fm is the same story.. 

• paws up 3
  • shook 1

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 10/25/2023 at 7:58 PM, monketsharona said:

8 songs out of 10 in her most popular tracks on Spotify are from 2008/2013. The 2 others are not from her albums but from sountrack :whatga:

Gosh she need fresh stuff out :bebe:

She needs an album that stands out in her discography, preferably with a well-executed era. As much as Chromatica had really poor longevity it reminded the public of Gaga the popstar and her legacy is very very strong right now.

I go back and forth about thinking whether she still has a solid chance for next era or not since her fanbase is dwindling... I guess it all depends on the material and/or the commitment. She should take her time, if it means she'll come back with something really worthwhile. Otherwise I guess she'll just be a legacy artist in music.

• thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,632

Past 7 Heavy Metal Lover monday updates: 

24/10: 24.302 (+30.9%)

16/10: 18.563 (-2.7%)

9/10: 19.083 (+29.5%)

2/10: 14.738 (-0.1%)

25/09: 14.754 (+11.7%)

18/09: 13.212 (+3.2%)

11/09: 12.797 (+1%)

So far on tiktok I haven't found anything really promising. Just a couple of audios with a good amount of views and then a few small accounts using them for their fan edits. Hopefully someone with a large enough following picks one of these up, I think this song has a lot of potential. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1