The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 10/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, corvus albus said:

Fun fact, today Cuff It was released 1 year, two months, two weeks and five days ago.

At the same time, the update for Rain On Me was 660.825.299 (+635.909). Rain On Me was already seen as a bit of a frontloaded single back then, so with Cuff It actually doing worse in a much better streaming environment... :awkney:

Lol gays think cauyse dua has these songs that take months to peak that their fad faves from digital era can have it after the peak inside the top 5 on week 1 

but tbf at least rena had its rollout and they milked it at the time to give it acceptable streams before its on course for collapsing
258280636_gagapurplehair.thumb.jpg.ece585dd0d253c217140acd17431c4eb.jpg

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 10/18/2023 at 6:22 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Because nobody is trying to push these songs on TikTok, Replay, 911, Babylon are songs that can totally work for a tiktok moment, even Joanne has John Wayne that can work but with Gaga's fanbase, you can have the most tiktok viral songs ever in your catalogue and they still wont happen because they are lazy af. Bloody Mary was NOWHERE before that random video on tiktok with the Wednesday dance happened, I clearly remember people saying that Born This Way didn't got better streams back then because it was outdated, suddenly everyone's perspective changed after we got lucky for once with that trend. 

Bloody mary was kinda being used for TikTok edits before wednesday

Even the wednesday trend rose bc a girl used bloody mary for edits 

Its c-wordy sound goes well with bas b*ch edits same with government hooker.

Marry the night, teog both have potential to rise on TikTok as well.

Bad kids the only song with dated production but its still a bop

Its her most intrusive production the chords progression concept execution everything is top notch in the album 

But why is her stuff from early 3 albums always go viral but people don't care about chromatica

Even ARTPOP had applause revival but nothing for chromatica

john Wayne yes it has potential and ayo too

chromatica doesn't though i dont see its sound being apt for TikTok edits except for replay and its way too undercooked to be used as trends 

911 too robotic

Sfa, FT, Plastic doll, 1000 doves, alice don't have proper song structure

Babylon being a good song but not trend friendly either its sounds like a track from 80s

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 10/18/2023 at 5:31 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Bloody mary was kinda being used for TikTok edits before wednesday

Even the wednesday trend rose bc a girl used bloody mary for edits 

Its c-wordy sound goes well with bas b*ch edits same with government hooker.

Marry the night, teog both have potential to rise on TikTok as well.

Bad kids the only song with dated production but its still a bop

Its her most intrusive production the chords progression concept execution everything is top notch in the album 

But why is her stuff from early 3 albums always go viral but people don't care about chromatica

Even ARTPOP had applause revival but nothing for chromatica

john Wayne yes it has potential and ayo too

chromatica doesn't though i dont see its sound being apt for TikTok edits except for replay and its way too undercooked to be used as trends 

911 too robotic

Sfa, FT, Plastic doll, 1000 doves, alice don't have proper song structure

Babylon being a good song but not trend friendly either its sounds like a track from 80s

spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 5

Moderator 17,110
On 10/18/2023 at 6:42 PM, GraceRandolph said:

ayo has no potential, it got rihjected as joanne's second single for a reason

It initially performed better than MR and outside the stan world it was positively received thanks to the Apple commercial it played in.

I still maintain the fact that A-YO would've done at least decently as a single.

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, corvus albus said:

It initially performed better than MR and outside the stan world it was positively received thanks to the Apple commercial it played in.

I still maintain the fact that A-YO would've done at least decently as a single.

I actually remember pretty clearly that Million Reasons was selling much better on iTunes than A-YO when it was just a promo single

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 897

I remember that Gaga once said she needs to make uptown funk 2.0 or something like that when she produced Ayo:cm:

Nevertheless, Mark Ronson is truly an amazing producer, both Joanne and A star is born are masterpiece:enigma:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 10/18/2023 at 6:07 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I actually remember pretty clearly that Million Reasons was selling much better on iTunes than A-YO when it was just a promo single

That's because Million Reasons is a classique 

On 10/18/2023 at 7:03 PM, corvus albus said:

It never performed better than MR as far as I remember

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 10/18/2023 at 11:21 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yeah well the promo rollout was all going to be very full on in a 4 month window. when something has potential you can see it from the stats, nothings really given that for Chroma - SC would have better streams with MV at least.
I also agree that stans think cause 20 dates sold out more can be added it snot as simple as that you look at things like how fast they sold out, price, demand etc. 

Spotify yday
Hold Me Closer 349k
Hold My Hand 275k
Lift Me Up 275k
Break My Soul 272k
Rain On Me 265k

Is dua indeed Britney's daughter for dance stable @Mario Spears :enigma:

Hold Me Closer aka the second best song of 2022 behind Flowers . 

:giveup:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,786
On 10/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, corvus albus said:

A-YO and MR debuted on the same week. A-YO at #66 and MR at #76. A-YO has, therefore, performed better initially :education:

How long after release did they chart though?