The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,841

I think them taking so long to release it to the point where they got their hands tied yet again by an event over which they had no control over is definitely a symptom of the slowness that has become way too common with her team, and in that sense it is their fault.

At the same time she's not Beyoncé or Taylor, she's an actual successful actress who is taken seriously and has a shot at winning Oscars. Breaking the strike would single-handedly destroy her campaign for J:FAD and maybe even her acting career as a whole, at least from what I've seen. Drew Barrymore was beloved by the internet a few months ago and now all that popularity is out of the window and writers dont wanna work with her (rightfully so).

I also don't think it's in her best interest to pull a Taylor/Bey and release the tour through AMC or whatever, cause then wouldn't she also be compromising her future by p*ssing off studios?

It sucks how the studios aren't willing to do the bare minimum... let's hope they eventually cave into the demands of the actors.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,433
On 10/12/2023 at 6:09 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I think them taking so long to release it to the point where they got their hands tied yet again by an event over which they had no control over is definitely a symptom of the slowness that has become way too common with her team, and in that sense it is their fault.

At the same time she's not Beyoncé or Taylor, she's an actual successful actress who is taken seriously and as a shot at winning Oscars. Breaking the strike would single-handedly destroy her campaign for J:FAD and maybe even her acting career as a whole, at least from what I've seen. Drew Barrymore was beloved by the internet a few months ago and now all that popularity is out of the window and writers dont wanna work with her (rightfully so).

I also don't think it's in her best interest to pull a Taylor/Bey and release the tour through AMC or whatever, cause then wouldn't she also be compromising her future by p*ssing off studios?

It sucks how the studios aren't willing to do the bare minimum... let's hope they eventually cave into the demands of the actors.

Exactly this, perfectly explained 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,841

At this point im more annoyed at the fact that the strikes are stopping us from getting a new Lee teaser though :icant: I'm sure they'd want to capitalize on some hype right before halloween but Gaga is not sharing any pics or teasers before the strike is over.

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 16,845
On 10/13/2023 at 12:31 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

At this point im more annoyed at the fact that the strikes are stopping us from getting a new Lee teaser though :icant: I'm sure they'd want to capitalize on some hype right before halloween but Gaga is not sharing any pics or teasers before the strike is over.

But didn't Tod teased Joaquin??

Gaga is the problem at this point :icant:

Ans evryone was like, YES MA'AM

Popster for Sale 44,841
On 10/12/2023 at 5:33 PM, FRANZGA said:

But didn't Tod teased Joaquin??

Gaga is the problem at this point :icant:

Ans evryone was like, YES MA'AM

If you thinks its a problem to not want to promote a movie during a strike in which actors are trying to make sure that, among other things, they dont get replaced by AI, then sure, she is the problem. Todd might have teased a Joaquin picture but it's a different situation: why would they want to waste the hundred of millions of followers her accounts have on social media? Does Joaquin Phoenix even have social media pages? 

My theory (obviously I have no way to prove it) is that they had to settle for that pic of Joaquin because nothing Gaga-related is coming out until the strikes are over. Unless of course they last until like next year, in which case they'll just have to settle to not having one of the biggest stars on earth helping promote the film. But right now I'm sure they'd rather wait. But yeah I doubt they didnt have bigger plans than that pic of Joaquin, imo they just had to settle for it, because just ignoring the "1 year until it comes out" date would make no sense either.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 10/12/2023 at 4:59 PM, FRANZGA said:

These are cute Lead Single success from P!nk, STUPID LOVE can't relate longevity wise mefears

Spotify Streams

175,534,079 409,216
399,430,740 172,591
404,326,958 113,238

:applause:

p!nk legend! cc @Zak

ATRL is allergic to this woman's stability and longevity hihi :shakes:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,858
On 10/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, FRANZGA said:

These are cute Lead Single success from P!nk, STUPID LOVE can't relate longevity wise mefears

Spotify Streams

175,534,079 409,216
399,430,740 172,591
404,326,958 113,238

:applause:

Stupid Love AND Perfect Illusion 

both tragic choice for a lead single 

• sad 1

On 10/12/2023 at 9:42 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

If you thinks its a problem to not want to promote a movie during a strike in which actors are trying to make sure that, among other things, they dont get replaced by AI, then sure, she is the problem. Todd might have teased a Joaquin picture but it's a different situation: why would they want to waste the hundred of millions of followers her accounts have on social media? Does Joaquin Phoenix even have social media pages? 

My theory (obviously I have no way to prove it) is that they had to settle for that pic of Joaquin because nothing Gaga-related is coming out until the strikes are over. Unless of course they last until like next year, in which case they'll just have to settle to not having one of the biggest stars on earth helping promote the film. But right now I'm sure they'd rather wait. But yeah I doubt they didnt have bigger plans than that pic of Joaquin, imo they just had to settle for it, because just ignoring the "1 year until it comes out" date would make no sense either.

They shared Joaquin on 4th anniversary of Joker original, so it was more appropriate to share picture of Joaquin instead of Gaga(who had nothing to do with Original)

They can still share Gaga or teaser on Halloween, only thing they will be missing would be Gaga sharing that picture on her social media accounts. Which lets me honest don't matter. It would get same number of people talking regardless if Gaga shares it or not. 

• paws up 1