The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popstanne 7,693

Ultimately we should not be expecting any amazing commercial performance from this feature. This song is just an amazing addition to her musical resumé, collabing with the Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder is no easy feat.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,147
On 9/29/2023 at 5:15 PM, emig_09 said:

HDD Final

Olivia's GUTS back to #1

Tension by Kylie is #20!!!!! :giveup:

Kylie's latest debuts in the USA

at #31 Kiss Me Once in (2014)
#64 Golden in (2018)
#26 Disco in (2020)

:applause:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 9/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, Rusty said:

The people "sad" at Lady Gaga's career right now not giving new content they want need to remember her peers (i.e. those very active during her peak):

Rihanna - No studio album in almost 8 years, no major song since 2017. Failed transition to film. Full pivot to beauty world and an abysmal Super bowl spot this year.

Britney Spears - No studio album in 8 years, no major song since 2011. Vegas shows were the sole headline of her past decade that weren't about personal struggles.

Kesha - Career nosedive after 2012 with almost no commercial success since.

Katy Perry - 2 studio albums since 2013, both of which will take years to surpass just 3M units worldwide despite being radio-friendly pop albums with big pushes and several singles/droplets added. Touring power evaporated and even a Las Vegas residency showing poor sales.

Adele - Huge album sales which have waned following an unattainable peak across 21 and 25. >4 years between releases, one major tour and a Vegas residency in the last 15 years.

Taylor Swift - Relentless career drive, major commercial success not seen by any other act currently. A phenomenon.

Beyoncé - 6 year gap between studio albums, collaboration albums in between with little to no commercial success (particularly The Lion King stuff). Failed transition into film. 2022-2023 is an active era with a huge tour, though the album units are not what the PR might suggest.

Pink - Significant commercial drop off after her 2012 era with no major hits since then. Three studio albums since then, all with hugely decreasing returns. Strong touring maintained.

Gaga is at worst somewhere in the middle of these in terms of output and return. Even in her "off" years she does movies, the Vegas shows, soundtrack songs, jazz side albums, remix or anniversary editions of albums, and now collaborations into other genres ala The Rolling Stones. I think that's pretty stan worthy.

mTE0mGf.gif

I love this post🩷

• hugs 1

On 9/29/2023 at 4:06 PM, Miaou said:

The comparaisons with Taylor are useless

Taylor is a marketing queen obsessed with numbers and creating a perfect image 

Lady Gaga is simply an artist who cares only about her art and the way to express it through her career 

In 2012, I went to a seminar (through work) about the marketing genius of Lady Gaga and what brands can learn from her.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 2,930

I'm also annoyed by Gaga's social activity, but honestly I've received high quality music from her so the fact that she doesn't promote it much makes me dream that it's like a gift for us, to enjoy as a family:romance: 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 9/29/2023 at 9:52 PM, Rusty said:

Her social media interaction went from being revolutionary to being a factor that made her too niche. Nowadays it’s pretty clear a team manages it and she has virtually nothing to do with it by choice. Which is fine… it’s just a shame the posts are almost all for makeup. Even bad selfies would generate more traction…

I feel like she doesn't have a proper qualified social media team but just some assistent and Bobby.

It is what it is, at the end if she is ok and satisfied with that, I'm fine as well, I don't care too much anyway, she's up to bigger things these days.

• paws up 2

On 9/29/2023 at 5:12 PM, Leptine said:

I feel like she doesn't have a proper qualified social media team but just some assistent and Bobby.

It is what it is, at the end if she is ok and satisfied with that, I'm fine as well, I don't care too much anyway, she's up to bigger things these days.

I don't know if he still does it, but she hired her sister's fiancé to take photos of her for her accounts for a long time, which should tell you all you need to know.

She no longer seeks to have the most talented and top-of-their-game talent on her team and has instead chosen people she feels comfortable and friendly with. I believe this is all a result of the Troy Carter betrayal, so I don't blame her. But again: it explains why she's not a social media powerhouse anymore.

Also, this is only tangentially related, but when I ran into her mom in Vegas and asked if I could take a photo with her, she said she doesn't do that, and I couldn't help but think... are you really that famous to be able to say that?! Taylor's mom would never lol.

Edited by thehanyo
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 9/29/2023 at 11:18 PM, thehanyo said:

I don't know if he still does it, but she hired her sister's fiancé to take photos of her for her accounts for a long time, which should tell you all you need to know.

She no longer seeks to have the most talented and top-of-their-game talent on her team and has instead chosen people she feels comfortable and friendly with. I believe this is all a result of the Troy Carter betrayal, so I don't blame her. But again: it explains why she's not a social media powerhouse anymore.

I agree and it's for the best at the end for her mental health, a lot of people will never get that because they prioritize success and numbers.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 9/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, Rusty said:

Britney Spears - No studio album in 8 years, no major song since 2011. Vegas shows were the sole headline of her past decade that weren't about personal struggles.

Her not having a new studio album in 8 years is the last of the problems these days tbh, speaking of messy social media, her IG social media is a total mess disaster, Gaga in comparison is immaculate, I'm really sorry for her but this woman needs help, no matter what her stans claim, from the fact she claims that her knives are fake when you can hear from the sound they're real.. to the weird senseless videos of her in the tub, I don't know what is worst.

• thanks 3

https://x.com/spotify_gaga/status/1707846635680571501?s=46&t=oFJfO97tnSJTij6Q86z69Q

Every song increases WoW apart from two Chromatica ones :billie: chroma fans said nope! Tbh the fact it actually had a really nice effect on her catalogue is telling. When people don’t like a song there can be actual decreases. 

• paws up 2

On 9/30/2023 at 4:56 AM, thehanyo said:

In 2012, I went to a seminar (through work) about the marketing genius of Lady Gaga and what brands can learn from her.

Yet in today’s period it’ll be Taylor who‘ll have classes taught about her :enigma:. Little old me in 2010 would have not believed how boring gaga became but I’m actually glad she’s focusing on acting now especially with her joker gig

On 9/29/2023 at 6:20 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

https://x.com/spotify_gaga/status/1707846635680571501?s=46&t=oFJfO97tnSJTij6Q86z69Q

Every song increases WoW apart from two Chromatica ones :billie: chroma fans said nope! Tbh the fact it actually had a really nice effect on her catalogue is telling. When people don’t like a song there can be actual decreases. 

Rain on Me is so close to 1 billion too :bebe:

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 9/30/2023 at 2:48 AM, Gagacharts said:

The update is great, it did 338k in 7 hours. That would be 1.16M in 24 hours.

Sweet Sound of Heaven (Edit) - 190.582

Sweet Sound of Heave - 147.866

Total - 338.448

A prelude to LG7 :applause:

• lol 2

On 9/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, thehanyo said:

Also, this is only tangentially related, but when I ran into her mom in Vegas and asked if I could take a photo with her, she said she doesn't do that, and I couldn't help but think... are you really that famous to be able to say that?! Taylor's mom would never lol.

Gaga's mother doesn't like to expose herself or be a media star, she only appears in the media to do philanthropy, she's not a Kris Jenner kinda mother, learn to respect other people's privacy, no one is forced to take pictures if they don't want to.