The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 17,951
Moderator 17,129
On 9/28/2023 at 9:49 PM, OliverDespechao said:

Not a single word about the new collab... just retweeting post notecreoHD.gif

this woman will never learn notecreoHD.gif

She's a glorified extra on the song. It's fine that she's not the primary vector for promo imo :education:

Popster for Sale 41,900
On 9/28/2023 at 8:51 PM, corvus albus said:

She's a glorified extra on the song. It's fine that she's not the primary vector for promo imo :education:

Yeah. She’s an ex-musician fad, i.e. of negligible magnitude and direction-less

Spoiler

:icant:

• sad 1
  • lol 4

On 9/29/2023 at 12:49 AM, OliverDespechao said:

Not a single word about the new collab... just retweeting post notecreoHD.gif

this woman will never learn notecreoHD.gif

trust in Bobby 8 month plan, we will get the tweet when the 23rd tracking week start

• sad 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,621

Idc what people think, her vocals are ethereal. I wish the vocal production put her more in the center, but vocally she really snapped. Mick's vocals could be smoother but he has the clout not to care. And I really liked the instrumental crescendo towards the end. It's nice to see her experiment with music and different styles instead of trying to craft a perfect little pop song. 

ARTPOPster 1,621

The high head voice, are you kidding me? She RARELY shows that off. The soulful mid range chest voice. The high F in her chest voice. 

We won. I wish she'd release more stuff like this. More musical experiments that aren't for the charts. 

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,621
On 9/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, BenG said:

Please :icant:

Not when it includes a weak point in her vocal prowess - head voice sung at a low volume

It's not her best overall but her singing in soft head voice is a choice she makes just like in INLA. It's delicate and sounds delicate. She has done head voice with more core in the past (Rain On Me and Diggin My Grave). 

She also sings significantly more in head voice on this song than she usually does, going higher than she usually does, sustaining it for longer (and head voice is pretty hard to sustain because you lose a lot more air). 

Popster for Sale 41,900
On 9/28/2023 at 9:20 PM, derpmonster said:

It's not her best overall but her singing in soft head voice is a choice she makes just like in INLA. It's delicate and sounds delicate. She has done head voice with more core in the past (Rain On Me and Diggin My Grave). 

She also sings significantly more in head voice on this song than she usually does, going higher than she usually does, sustaining it for longer (and head voice is pretty hard to sustain because you lose a lot more air). 

Her head voice technique is lacking in general. That’s why The Cure doesn’t sound good live. You can barely hear her head voice in the chorus when she has to switch register.

A good technique would produce a delicate head voice that is not airy but full of resonance. Not easy to achieve and only a few Broadway singers can do it properly.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

Gaga´s Spotify Update:

Shallow - 2.214.059.535 (+838.399) [+25k compared to last week]

Poker Face - 1.040.694.519 (+830.707) [+40k compared to last week]

Just Dance - 866.570.544 (+710.113) [+14k compared to last week]

ARUTW - 1.073.718.416 (+669.259)

Bad Romance - 1.027.425.930 (+617.590) [+16k compared to last week]

Bloody Mary - 406.409.684 (+472.779

Paparazzi - 455.159.285 (+460.986)

• paws up 7

ARTPOPster 1,621
On 9/28/2023 at 1:25 PM, BenG said:

Her head voice technique is lacking in general. That’s why The Cure doesn’t sound good live. You can barely hear her head voice in the chorus when she has to switch register.

A good technique would produce a delicate head voice that is not airy but full of resonance. Not easy to achieve and only a few Broadway singers can do it properly.

Yes, but it's improved a lot lately. There was a time she never used head voice live, choosing to shout the same notes in her modal voice instead. She's been steadily improving in that regard and CBT had a lot of good stuff. 

Also, not sure I agree with your Broadway comment. Modern Broadway at least tends to be a lot more belting focused. Traditional musical theater had good mixing (like her Sound of Music performance). But the best head voice singers among women are probably classical/opera singers, specifically sopranos (or mezzos). 

• paws up 1

On 9/28/2023 at 10:10 PM, derpmonster said:

It's nice to see her experiment with music and different styles instead of trying to craft a perfect little pop song. 

I'm sure Gaga can make a compromise and make a mix of both on her album. That's what she perfectly made on her first four albums. Being experimental on some songs and a bit less on other and crafting an album full of hit power + trying things out of the box.

Just my very opinion but sonically and lyrically she played very safe on Joanne, ASIB and Chromatica overall.

• love 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:54 PM, Miaou said:

Not y’all tracking ITunes in 2023 :rip:

the new Madonna :rip:

Spotify numbers only come out tomorrow (no playlist support) and no one is expecting a 7-min gospel song with a band in their 80s to appear on Apple Music so yes, we will track iTunes.