The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,126

I know that we are all very passionate about Gaga here. We love her and either support her current trajectory or are sad by the fact that her relationship with fans has seemingly deteriorated. Both are valid viewpoints but what we can't have is this debate every two days. What I want from you is to stop complaining about a lack of content but also stop attacking the people who complain. This is not Twitter and I want you all to stop behaving like a 14-year-old Twitter stan.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 2,928

Seriously, i can't understand why River and Jaded flopped, thoses two songs are amazing, well written, good production, perfect for radio and better than other hits like Vampire, Super Freaky Girl, Seven, Last Night ecc... Maybe GP can't serve taste more than once 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 9/25/2023 at 1:55 PM, Andreu said:

A reminder that, as always, the only thing keeping Smile afloat are two songs that came out more than a hear before thag were tacked onto the album after they swore left and right they would not. All the actual singles from the album failed to make any noise.

That is TRUE, but the fact that Chromatica is pulling same daily streams doesnt help our case :billie:

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 9/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, China said:

"Lack of passion".

Tell me which pop girl from the digital/physical era is dropping an album every six months/a single every 4 months except desperate Taylor? Katy hasn't released a new album in 3 years (same time as Gaga, but Gaga released a jazz album in the meantime), Adele releases a new album every 5-6 years, Rihanna has been retired for 7 years and sells panties/makeup, Britney continues to spin like a beyblade on her Instagram, Beyoncé returned after 6 years but without any videos, in addition, Gaga literally went on a stadium tour last year and is performing rn in Vegas, y'all are complaining with full belly. Gaga is no longer that pop girl with catchy songs, she grew up and some of you are still children. In addition to being a singer, she is a successful actress, she is already in her second film since Chromatica, she continues to feed us, however, not in the traditional way that you are used to. She continues to work hard and I don't remember her signing an entertainment contract with any of you when you decided to become her fans, like I said, the door will always be open to anyone who isn't satisfied, she doesn't owe us anything, when she thinks she should come back, she will come back, that's it.

Chile, I'm not reading all that

In the meantime.. STREAM Olivia and Doja New Album ❤️

A Popster Is Born 16,838

“Agora Hills” — Spotify Update:

#27. WW (+7) [+2,144,913 plays] *New Peak*

#6. US (+4) [+966,321 plays] *New Peak*

Another SMASH for Doja.. but other than PTTR&AH , i dont see any other song smashing

• yaas, gaga 1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:10 AM, FRANZGA said:

That is TRUE, but the fact that Chromatica is pulling same daily streams doesnt help our case :billie:

Absolutely nothing from chroma is taking off on spotify/tiktok or doing any kind of growth as times goes on, so theres not an excuse of an album that charted for 4 weeks being over taken by one that charted in total for four weeks. No one is being a hater pointing that out.

NRO had good spotify for katy when it came out and totally collapsed nad now does meh streams and no tiktok boost. Harleys is pop but its clearly aging well

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster for Sale 44,738
On 9/25/2023 at 10:31 AM, FRANZGA said:

“Agora Hills” — Spotify Update:

#27. WW (+7) [+2,144,913 plays] *New Peak*

#6. US (+4) [+966,321 plays] *New Peak*

Another SMASH for Doja.. but other than PTTR&AH , i dont see any other song smashing

Obssessed with the flow on the first verse

It's obviously is going to blow up on tt

Popster to Popster 2,928
On 9/25/2023 at 12:26 PM, Gabi said:

Let Traumatica die in peace, please.

No need to beat up the dead body:icant:

In 2023, where streaming and social media dictate the music market, the artist's entire catalog is important from the debut album to the random drop released 1 hour ago. Commercially speaking it is worth promoting the entire discography. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,928

Tracks like Babylon and Replay are clearly worthy of being discovered by GP and going viral. They deserve the Bloody Mary treatment, viral tracks often start from fans so we try to stream them and if we have TikTok/Instagram profiles we try to use them in the audio.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,738
On 9/25/2023 at 11:36 AM, ReadyGaga said:

Tracks like Babylon and Replay are clearly worthy of being discovered by GP and going viral. They deserve the Bloody Mary treatment, viral tracks often start from fans so we try to stream them and if we have TikTok/Instagram profiles we try to use them in the audio.

One of these two songs should've definitely gotten a MV (imo Babylon since Replay is thematically similar to 911). It would outview others smash eras late singles even if the songs didnt do anything in other platforms- and give the songs visibility to fuel potential rediscoveries etc. They dropped the ball.

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,381
On 9/25/2023 at 11:10 AM, FRANZGA said:

Chromatica doens't have 75% of its streams coming from songs that were not even meant to be on the album or multiple album tracks that havent even had the chance to crack 10M streams in 3+ years. 

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster This Way 902
On 9/25/2023 at 6:34 PM, ReadyGaga said:

In 2023, where streaming and social media dictate the music market, the artist's entire catalog is important from the debut album to the random drop released 1 hour ago. Commercially speaking it is worth promoting the entire discography. 

I don't know who's the one in charge of Gaga's promo strategies, Interscope or Bobby, but they clearly don't give a sh!t about her past discography, either they don't think it worth investing or they value other perspectives of her artisty more than her streaming numbers.
They didn't release Bloody Mary sped up version when it went viral, no promo for ARUTW or The fame 15 anniversaries, her online promo is close to zero and not to mention that they keep spamming Haus Labs ads on her social profile. You can't possibly expect good numbers when her team did nothing to boost it. 

One thing good about Katy is that her promo is always consecutive and she never gave up an album after the first month like Gaga always do,   we don't even have official live performance video or visualizer of album tracks to let her song go viral on tik tok.

• sad 1