The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 2,938
On 9/24/2023 at 11:23 PM, JennyWayne said:

Its recurrent stream have kinda been flopping lately

I think poker face at the end of the race will be her biggest club song and her GP-friendly dance anthem, bad romance will be her signature hit and shallow will be her cult classic. A situation that very often happens in pop terms:

(KP)Fireworks/Roar/ Dark Horse - (RIH)Umbrella/We Found Love/Diamonds - (ADELE)Rolling in the deep/Someone Like you/Hello - (TS) Love Story/Shake It Off/Blank Space - (BY)Crazy in love/Single Ladies/Halo (MADGE) Materiale Girl-Vogue-Hung Up 

A Popster Is Born 16,846
On 9/25/2023 at 12:36 AM, China said:

Because Harleys is going viral again in some irrelevant market, however, the difference is only 69k in daily streams, it would take 12,593 days or 34 and a half years for Smile to reach Chromatica on Spotify.

So Chromatica that opened with 48M is now competing head to head with SMILE that opened with like 7M..?

Where did i lie about Gaga being so FRONTLOADED?

It does suck that while Chromatica was made for streaming, her team never tried any of the common streaming tricks to extend its longevity. The way adding the Target edition tracks to streaming would have added multiple weeks on the Billboard 200. 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:52 PM, FRANZGA said:

So Chromatica that opened with 48M is now competing head to head with SMILE that opened with like 7M..?

No one can predict that a song can go viral, Katy's luck with Smile was that Harleys went viral in India and other irrelevant markets, this could even make her album numbers less worse in the long run, however, it will never make it a success just like Chromatica was and always will be.

I guarantee you that she doesn't care about having one more or one less fan at this point in her career, especially when streaming platforms pay a pittance, so her focus is no longer on music and that's evident, so if you think she's going to pull a Taylor and apply 100% of her time and effort on music (because she doesn't have a way out or another career outside of this field) like she did up to 10 years ago, you're wasting your time, there are others artists who may not have FRONTLOADED projects for you to track.

If you only show up here to vent your frustration in ALL CAPS about Gaga's numbers everyday, don't let the door hit you on the way out, Gaga doesn't deserve fake fans on her side, but rather the best and most loyal ones.

A Popster Is Born 16,846
On 9/25/2023 at 9:58 AM, China said:

No one can predict that a song can go viral, Katy's luck with Smile was that Harleys went viral in India and other irrelevant markets, this could even make her album numbers less worse in the long run, however, it will never make it a success just like Chromatica was and always will be.

I guarantee you that she doesn't care about having one more or one less fan at this point in her career, especially when streaming platforms pay a pittance, so her focus is no longer on music and that's evident, so if you think she's going to pull a Taylor and apply 100% of her time and effort on music (because she doesn't have a way out or another career outside of this field) like she did up to 10 years ago, you're wasting your time, there are others artists who may not have FRONTLOADED projects for you to track.

If you only show up here to vent your frustration in ALL CAPS about Gaga's numbers everyday, don't let the door hit you on the way out, Gaga doesn't deserve fake fans on her side, but rather the best and most loyal ones.

Most loyal fans or Cupcake fans??

Show me your Gaga streams and we'll talk 🤭

I am open with my frustration about Gaga's lack of passion to music lately (Pop Music to be specific) and her underperforming and frontloaded projects but never abandon her music at all

On 9/25/2023 at 1:52 AM, FRANZGA said:

We could talk about it everyday but the big difference between Katy and Gaga is that Katy is tied to her music career, she cares about her relationship and communication with fans, she gives updates about new music and her fans are supporting her as hell. A new album is in the work and her fans know it.

Gaga has other priorities and her link with her fans is in general clearly broken and she acts like a retired music artist that doesn't give a damn anymore about her music career. Maybe it's not the case but the lack communication is making almost everybody feels like it the case. And clearly fans won't hype up anything about her anymore.

Anyway :fall:

Edited by monketsharona

On 9/25/2023 at 2:29 AM, monketsharona said:

We could talk about it everyday but the big difference between Katy and Gaga is that Katy is tied to her music career, she cares about her relationship and communication with fans, she gives updates about new music and her fans are supporting her as hell. A new album is in the work and her fans know it.

Gaga has other priorities and her link with her fans is in general clearly broken and she acts like a retired music artist that doesn't give a damn anymore about her music career. Maybe it's not the case but the lack communication is making almost everybody feels like it the case. And clearly fans won't hype anything about her anymore.

Another day, another complaint from you. :tiredaf: You don't speak for the entire fan base, when Gaga throws a bone you will be the first to come and chew it, she ain't your mother.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

A reminder that, as always, the only thing keeping Smile afloat are two songs that came out more than a hear before thag were tacked onto the album after they swore left and right they would not. All the actual singles from the album failed to make any noise.

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 3

On 9/25/2023 at 7:49 AM, China said:

Another day, another complaint from you. :tiredaf: You don't speak for the entire fan base, when Gaga throws a bone you will be the first to come and chew it, she ain't your mother.

Just a random question, when are you creating your 4748485 account here ? The current is starting boring everyone. We want the new one.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:58 AM, FRANZGA said:

Most loyal fans or Cupcake fans??

Show me your Gaga streams and we'll talk 🤭

I am open with my frustration about Gaga's lack of passion to music lately (Pop Music to be specific) and her underperforming and frontloaded projects but never abandon her music at all

"Lack of passion".

Tell me which pop girl from the digital/physical era is dropping an album every six months/a single every 4 months except desperate Taylor? Katy hasn't released a new album in 3 years (same time as Gaga, but Gaga released a jazz album in the meantime), Adele releases a new album every 5-6 years, Rihanna has been retired for 7 years and sells panties/makeup, Britney continues to spin like a beyblade on her Instagram, Beyoncé returned after 6 years but without any videos, in addition, Gaga literally went on a stadium tour last year and is performing rn in Vegas, y'all are complaining with full belly. Gaga is no longer that pop girl with catchy songs, she grew up and some of you are still children. In addition to being a singer, she is a successful actress, she is already in her second film since Chromatica, she continues to feed us, however, not in the traditional way that you are used to. She continues to work hard and I don't remember her signing an entertainment contract with any of you when you decided to become her fans, like I said, the door will always be open to anyone who isn't satisfied, she doesn't owe us anything, when she thinks she should come back, she will come back, that's it.

• paws up 3
  • lol 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:29 AM, monketsharona said:

Gaga has other priorities and her link with her fans is in general clearly broken and she acts like a retired music artist that doesn't give a damn anymore about her music career. Maybe it's not the case but the lack communication is making almost everybody feels like it the case. And clearly fans won't hype up anything about her anymore.

“Katy is tied to her music”

That's why she literally sold her entire catalog? :mess:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:57 AM, monketsharona said:

Just a random question, when are you creating your 4748485 account here ? The current is starting boring everyone. We want the new one.

Your daily pointless complaints have already surpassed that number.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,831
On 9/25/2023 at 8:14 AM, China said:

"Lack of passion".

Tell me which pop girl from the digital/physical era is dropping an album every six months/a single every 4 months except desperate Taylor? Katy hasn't released a new album in 3 years (same time as Gaga, but Gaga released a jazz album in the meantime), Adele releases a new album every 5-6 years, Rihanna has been retired for 7 years and sells panties/makeup, Britney continues to spin like a beyblade on her Instagram, Beyoncé returned after 6 years but without any videos, in addition, Gaga literally went on a stadium tour last year and is performing rn in Vegas, y'all are complaining with full belly. Gaga is no longer that pop girl with catchy songs, she grew up and some of you are still children. In addition to being a singer, she is a successful actress, she is already in her second film since Chromatica, she continues to feed us, however, not in the traditional way that you are used to. She continues to work hard and I don't remember her signing an entertainment contract with any of you when you decided to become her fans, like I said, the door will always be open to anyone who isn't satisfied, she doesn't owe us anything, when she thinks she should come back, she will come back, that's it.

all that essay just to point a tendency Gags is part of lmao

• thanks 2