The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 9/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Kylie album tonight. It’ll probably be filler apart from the two singles hihi 

Well i cant wait for it as well. I love woman who keep release albums since 80s and never lose their drive after 3 albums :oscar:

• love 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, BloodyMary said:

Well i cant wait for it as well. I love woman who keep release albums since 80s and never lose their drive after 3 albums :oscar:

The most drive I've ever seen Gaga have was during the Joanne Era(LG5). She was determined to be taken seriously as a musician and she absolutely succeeded. Not sure if your comment was a drag at Gaga, but since all your other comments are I assume this one is. Not to mention her absolute passion and drive for Jazz. The only Era where you could say Gaga lacked drive was Chromatica, and even then she was truly excited to promote and perform before the world caught on fire.

On 9/22/2023 at 9:52 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Why are the gays overhyping Kylie's new album? The only genuinely good song is Tension. 

love kylie (im being from england tension is everywhere rn) but yeah her albums are not great. Also, i see atrl said chroma was dated garbage and they are saying tension is good because it has a 7.3 on PT4RK which what gaga got :billie:

:katy:

Gaga never gets this for pop songs outside her first two LPs

On 9/22/2023 at 5:37 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

love kylie (im being from england tension is everywhere rn) but yeah her albums are not great. Also, i see atrl said chroma was dated garbage and they are saying tension is good because it has a 7.3 on PT4RK which what gaga got :billie:

:katy:

Gaga never gets this for pop songs outside her first two LPs

This song auto-played yesterday for me. I think it’s getting pushed.

On 9/22/2023 at 11:54 AM, thehanyo said:

I think it’s getting pushed.

Oh absolutely it is. 

Notice the date here is September 2021
https://x.com/statsperry/status/1438087095462027266?s=46&t=oFJfO97tnSJTij6Q86z69Q

It happened again in October 2022, it is now September 2023. Capitol puts budget into her from around this time of year, so it’s not organic push but the response isn’t fake. 

But still wish this would happen for post-TFMGa

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,748
On 9/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I love Kylie and liked Disco a lot but this didn't do it for me so far... her generic songwriting really throws me off :dead: it's funny how people who claim Chromatica is generic are treating this as the second coming of christ :mess: C is not her most adventurous but at least it has some personality and touches on interesting and varied themes

I thought this video was interesting, he talks about how pop music has changed the past decade and has become more in tune with alternative music, which produced better pop bodies of work. He also mentions TFM and Dawn of Chromatica briefly.

I hope Gaga pushes herself musically for next era. No shade to Kylie but I want her to evolve like Beyoncé/Taylor and not churn out formulaic dance-pop for the rest of her career.