The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 9/18/2023 at 11:48 AM, ClownOreos said:

She saw Peso Pluma smashing and wanted some too

But Thalia can since she's Mexican, has released regional mexican mixes of her songs and has a 22 year-old regional Mexican album 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 9/18/2023 at 4:48 PM, ClownOreos said:

She saw Peso Pluma smashing and wanted some too

On 9/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, emig_09 said:

kinda desperate SHE IS NOT MEXICAN this bish LMAO

I get the point of her hopping on trends (which isnt anything new either) but I don't think its anything bad in her case it makes sense for her to make a song in that style. The problem imo is more when people like Eladio Carrion who have never done anything outside of the urban genre hop on the trend (and the results are not great either)

On 9/18/2023 at 3:48 PM, Doncho said:

Im pretty sure she did lmao. But having a song like Shallow or ARUTW is not an easy task

Well those songs had a team behind them for example the iconic  hilary lindsay vs. just BP and Gaga hihi!

She can still say she got an oscar nom for her sole writer as BP/BR are producers

Popster to Popster 2,938
On 9/18/2023 at 4:33 PM, Fame Romance said:

The pure opening is pretty great, it’s for example more than Thank U, Next, double of Positions and on par with her biggest opening My Everything :icant: 

Olivia did a great job and get him again is a great second single to give longevity to the album. For Ariana, Positions was just...mean

Popster for Sale 44,853
On 9/18/2023 at 3:58 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Olivia did a great job and get him again is a great second single to give longevity to the album. For Ariana, Positions was just...mean

not the Bad Idea Right erasure :dead:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 9/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, ClownOreos said:

not the Bad Idea Right erasure :dead:

On 9/18/2023 at 12:01 PM, ReadyGaga said:

I think it was just a "promo single" ?

I thought it was a promo single too :uhh: