The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 9/11/2023 at 4:27 PM, monketsharona said:

I still don't think Joker 2 will have any (good or bad) impact on her pop music project. 

if the film underperforms obv not but if it smashes and its got music in it i don't see why it wouldn't help her hype for new album - the debut at least. that's like with anyone coming from hit project isn't it.

id rather her release magnum opus and it grow week to week as charts and fan watcher :excited:

On 9/11/2023 at 6:03 PM, ClownOreos said:

Reverse "I wanted to be an actor before I was a singer" expedition :giveup:

LG7 is cumming soon I think 

LG7

Feb 2024

Songwriter/folklore'd era coming :talent:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 442

Gaga knows how to garner a high debut. She'll get 200K+ again if there's momentum built and public interest. I think we're forgetting that her sales normally drop with a huge margin in week 2, but the debuts have always been notoriously strong due to her fanbase.

• paws up 5

On 9/11/2023 at 1:51 PM, Zak said:

Purrr. Attacking Gaga while stanning delta fraudulent lipa is just 💀

I see a lack of personality in this singer and also in her fans. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. They will abandon her when her boat really sinks (and it was already sinking in before the movie gave this girl a hit) considering that she is a younger Katy and her fans are the new katycats.

That's why it was good that ARTPOP happened, because that way Gaga could separate the wheat from the chaff, and it seems like it wasn't enough since we still have a lot of fake fans in our fan base.

Edited by China

On 9/11/2023 at 2:27 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Even Joanne cleared 200k opening week after Artpop and Perfect Illusion. Why wouldn't LG7 clear that when Gaga's career is in a significantly better place? 

Because they are fake fans who do not have faith or believe in the potential of their fave. The same people who are saying that she will struggle to open with 100k will be the same ones who will be here saying that they always believed she would open with 200k easily, but this time I saved screenshots.

On 9/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

if the film underperforms obv not but if it smashes and its got music in it i don't see why it wouldn't help her hype for new album - the debut at least. that's like with anyone coming from hit project isn't it.

id rather her release magnum opus and it grow week to week as charts and fan watcher :excited:

I have big doubts about it mainly because music in Joker will be jazz classics / covers. Which won't turn people who like this if it smashes to a target audience for a pop record. 

Just my opinion on this of course, I may end up totally wrong

Moderator 17,129
On 9/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, monketsharona said:

I have big doubts about it mainly because music in Joker will be jazz classics / covers.

Who said that? We don't know what will be on the OST. Everything is speculation at this point.

On 9/11/2023 at 6:45 PM, monketsharona said:

I have big doubts about it mainly because music in Joker will be jazz classics / covers. Which won't turn people who like this if it smashes to a target audience for a pop record. 

Just my opinion on this of course, I may end up totally wrong

(i respect your opinion, but im being positive for this one :oprah:)

if a musical film grosses 500-1bn regardless of genre its a musical film that is very popular so its still music :shakes:

if the jazz was that much of an issue we'd see it before then as the film will flop as it is 'lots of singing'.

Also, it plays to her vocal strength so it will not only give her overall momentum for her next project, it will give her award season momentum 

her cheapest tickets for Vegas are over 200 dollars - Jazz is the lowest bought genre of music, but people are entertained by it :giveup:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 3

Popster to Popster 2,938
On 9/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, Miaou said:

nobody cares about her :applause:

the highest Barbie song, smash of the soundtrack for a reason :applause:

another day another crying day for the ODHs :santa:

She's a Warner flagship pop star on her second album, with all the investment plus the age-related cool thing that's the minimum

Popster to Popster 4,833

Gaga doesn't even need a big hit for her to debut with 200k units for her albums, people are genuinely interested whenever she wants to release new music because she's Lady Gaga and she's always going to bring some sort of interest, she did it even with Joanne and even exceeded the expectation with Chromatica during the worst week ever and with a bad lead single, her debuts are totally not a problem, the actual "problem" starts after that debut but with a good promotional plan she can do better with LG7. 

• paws up 4

On 9/11/2023 at 2:48 PM, Miaou said:

nobody cares about her :applause:

the highest Barbie song, smash of the soundtrack for a reason :applause:

another day another crying day for the ODHs :santa:

Radio points:

Dance The Night — 49%

Barbie World — 45%

What Was I Made For? — 15%

Streaming points:

What Was I Made For? — 82%

Barbie World — 54%

Dance The Night — 49%

Thank u radio :applause:

• lol 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:46 PM, corvus albus said:

Who said that? We don't know what will be on the OST. Everything is speculation at this point.

There's leaks about her singing different songs on set. All are Judy Garland covers. She worked on the soundtrack with her jazz pianist Alex.. Which totally confirms what was teased in the teaser released last year

• thanks 2

Moderator 17,129
On 9/11/2023 at 8:20 PM, monketsharona said:

There's leaks about her singing different songs on set. All are Judy Garland covers. She worked on the soundtrack with her jazz pianist Alex.. Which totally confirms what was teased in the teaser released last year

And leaks showed Shallow lost its bridge in the movie and INLA was going to be the lead single.

Everything, right until the release, is up to change.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 9/11/2023 at 3:23 PM, Andreu said:

I hope a mass buying could help them to have a good debut+peak :laughga:

Edited by emig_09

On 9/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, China said:

Radio points:

Dance The Night — 49%

Barbie World — 45%

What Was I Made For? — 15%

Streaming points:

What Was I Made For? — 82%

Barbie World — 54%

Dance The Night — 49%

Thank u radio :applause:

It also shows how lazy Interscope is. The song from the film with the highest streaming points rate yet the lowest radio audience. Republic took 4 days to send Barbie World to radio, Warner took 5 days to send Dance The Night to radio, while Interscope took 19 days to send What Was I Made For? to radio.