The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,316

Olivia’s new album is so good, I understand the universal critical acclaim 

I hope it’s gonna serve longevity knowing that Sour is the biggest female album ever on Spotify 

Currently obsessed with Ballad of a homeschool girl and Bad idea right? 

Edited by Fame Romance

Moderator 17,129
On 9/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, Fame Romance said:

Currently obsessed with Ballad of a homeschool girl

I talkеd to this hot guy, swore I was his type
Guess that he was makin' out with boys, like, the whole night (Oh)
Everythin' I do is tragic (Oh)
Every guy I like is gay (Oh)

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,316
On 9/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, corvus albus said:

I talkеd to this hot guy, swore I was his type
Guess that he was makin' out with boys, like, the whole night (Oh)
Everythin' I do is tragic (Oh)
Every guy I like is gay (Oh)

I'm aware of that lyric and while it may be controversial I think it's up to interpretation - I don't think she's saying that in a homophobic way

I love the 'social suicide' chorus part; even if I don't like punk rock at all she does it so well that I love her albums

Popster for Sale 57,316
On 9/10/2023 at 10:29 PM, Andreu said:

:stable:

Still sad that male artists are able to easily get 100M+ debuts but all the non-Taylor Swift females have to aspire to a 60-70M debut at best

Tho T's albums that did more than 90M opening all literally have 20-30 songs vs Olivia's 11-12 song ones

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,859
On 9/10/2023 at 11:06 PM, Fame Romance said:

It's not charting on the Japan Hot 100 tho, EVEN Hold My Hand did that 

spacer.png

Yeah I know but nobody comes close to GODGA in Japan

spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,870
On 9/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, Andreu said:

where is the chroma ball film :nicki_scream:

Idk but what worries me more is the Gaga-Tony doc. They said it was coming this month. 10 days in and still nothing :enigma:

Popster to Popster 2,938
On 9/10/2023 at 10:42 PM, Fame Romance said:

Still sad that male artists are able to easily get 100M+ debuts but all the non-Taylor Swift females have to aspire to a 60-70M debut at best

Tho T's albums that did more than 90M opening all literally have 20-30 songs vs Olivia's 11-12 song ones

I think that the next ariana album could debut with at least 90M+ and maybe even SZA with 100M+

Popster to Popster 2,938
On 9/10/2023 at 10:42 PM, Fame Romance said:

Actually, thinking about it, even Dua could debut with 100M+ if her first single is a great success from the first week and if the album is as cohesive as Future Nostalgia. All she needs is successful leads, good promotion and 23 tracks. 

Adele with 30 hadn't yet gone through a full transition to streaming with albums, her next album could debut higher (especially if she finds a different sound but staying true to her image)

• lol 2

Moderator 17,129
On 9/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, ReadyGaga said:

I think that the next ariana album could debut with at least 90M+ and maybe even SZA with 100M+

Considering positions did worse than TUN on debut week, I wouldn't bet on that. SZA is more likely, but the gap from 68M for SOS and a potential 100M debut is still huge. I think it can only happen when SZA doesn't take 5 years again for a new album :icant:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,938
On 9/11/2023 at 9:14 AM, corvus albus said:

Considering positions did worse than TUN on debut week, I wouldn't bet on that. SZA is more likely, but the gap from 68M for SOS and a potential 100M debut is still huge. I think it can only happen when SZA doesn't take 5 years again for a new album :icant:

I think the underperformance of positions is due to the fact that it was a b-side of TUN, if she were to make a change in genre it could have a new commercial peak. The Arianators are in a drought and will devour anything she releases