The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 9/3/2023 at 12:30 PM, Gaga Banana said:

Nicki back to severe flopping. Song pretty bland.

2nd day

WW

#137 -85 Nicki Minaj - Last Time I Saw You | 1,287,816 (-664k)

Meanwhile

https://x.com/dojaschart/status/1698259329290309689?s=46&t=0fHORaXxT90Kh8LwwaWd_w

What is the point of comparing a song that is not treated with TTH playlisting with one released weeks ago with TTH at #1 and the cover of it.

Share Demons numbers instead :whatga:

Edited by monketsharona

On 9/3/2023 at 12:42 PM, monketsharona said:

What is the point of comparing a song that is not treated with TTH playlisting with one released weeks ago with TTH at #1 and the cover of it.

Share Demons numbers instead :whatga:

https://x.com/juyolos/status/1698254590787907855?s=46&t=0fHORaXxT90Kh8LwwaWd_w 

It fell but not as hard and it is #9 on TTH.

Also, PTTR just reached #1 on Apple Music Global. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 9/3/2023 at 4:11 AM, FRANZGA said:

Taylor: I am a victim, they are trying to claim credit for my work because I'm a woman

Also Taylor: 50% credit for a 5second similarity

bloodsucker, famefvcker indeed

So FAKE

The 50% is divided amongst Taylor, Jack and St Vincent and the similarity was admitted by Olivia

Rodrigo’s Swift fandom cuts deep, and the pair first interacted when Swift acknowledged a cover Rodrigo had done of “Cruel Summer.” After releasing “Deja Vu” as the second single off her debut album, Rodrigo told Rolling Stone that the yelling on the bridge of the song was inspired by the fan-favorite Lover track.

Moderator 17,110
On 9/3/2023 at 1:35 PM, Delusional said:

The similarity is obvious and I’m both a livie and swiftie :carly_bye: It was inspired so now Taylor and co get their bag. 

Inspiration isn't copyrightable but I guess that's too hard to understand for Taylor Swift.

• paws up 11

Popster for Sale 57,181
On 9/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, corvus albus said:

Inspiration isn't copyrightable but I guess that's too hard to understand for Taylor Swift.

It is a known fact that Taylor Swift invented screaming in a song bridge which hasn’t been a thing at all in pop songs for over a decade :nickiha:

Petty Swift, petty, petty :nickiha:

On 9/3/2023 at 7:11 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Someone here told me I used to be a hit was organic

Spotify ww

#38(-17) 2.17M

It's also plummeting on other platforms.

US AM

#93 (-29)

Youtube

#136 (-51)

And to think that leftover got a bigger first-week radio deal than Stupid Love.

• shook 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2

Taylor’s second fan base are now experts in copyright law. Surprised?

The way Tay didn’t even request credits Olivia literally offered them 

spacer.png

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 9/3/2023 at 1:45 PM, Fame Romance said:

It is a known fact that Taylor Swift invented screaming in a song bridge which hasn’t been a thing at all in pop songs for over a decade :nickiha:

Petty Swift, petty, petty :nickiha:

she even trademarked 1989 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 9/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, danwasd said:

she even trademarked 1989 

Pretty sure the copyright for 1989 isn’t for the word in general, but for the stylised writing of it, like this:

spacer.png

which is understandable considering it’s very well known and linked to Taylor Swift for obvious reasons

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 9/3/2023 at 7:35 PM, Delusional said:

The 50% is divided amongst Taylor, Jack and St Vincent and the similarity was admitted by Olivia

Rodrigo’s Swift fandom cuts deep, and the pair first interacted when Swift acknowledged a cover Rodrigo had done of “Cruel Summer.” After releasing “Deja Vu” as the second single off her debut album, Rodrigo told Rolling Stone that the yelling on the bridge of the song was inspired by the fan-favorite Lover track.

On 9/3/2023 at 7:35 PM, Delusional said:

The similarity is obvious and I’m both a livie and swiftie :carly_bye: It was inspired so now Taylor and co get their bag. 

"Inspired" and 50% really?? 

Also, imagine if Lana Del Rey demanded 50% for Without You/Wildest Dreams similarities :laughga:

Taylor is a Regina George in sheep's clothing

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 9/3/2023 at 2:10 PM, Delusional said:

Pretty sure the copyright for 1989 isn’t for the word in general, but for the stylised writing of it, like this:

spacer.png

which is understandable considering it’s very well known and linked to Taylor Swift for obvious reasons

yes, she invented writing numbers with a marker

• paws up 1
  • lol 10
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 9/3/2023 at 8:40 AM, danwasd said:

yes, she invented writing numbers with a marker

Lmao THIS is how we should drag OGHs. We don't need to use personal insults like they use, just good observations and snarky phrasing. Great job y'all

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 9/3/2023 at 9:10 AM, Delusional said:

spacer.png

This is ridiculous :laughga:

• thanks 2