The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/30/2023 at 12:37 PM, Delusional said:

the tweet from 2018 :banana:

the sad sad years long obsession is sending me 

I just searched for the specific terms and found it in seconds, grandma.

Obsession would be to attack an artist on a forum and keep frequenting a forum of the same artist that you hate just like you do. Seek help.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 8/30/2023 at 8:29 PM, China said:

I just searched for the specific terms and found it in seconds, grandma.

Obsession would be to attack an artist on a forum and keep frequenting a forum of the same artist that you hate just like you do. Seek help.

Keep running this narrative but it ain’t true 💋

The Fame Popster 442
On 8/30/2023 at 6:00 AM, Ayobabylon said:

He is the male katy perry. There will be complete erasure of his name after 2 eras when radios get over him

This makes absolutely no sense. Katy Perry had three eras which spanned nearly a decade, flopped, and saw diminishing returns. Lil Nas X garnered the longest number one single ever with an EP, had a blockbuster debut album, and has been working on the follow-up ever since. His recent singles underperformed, but there was nowhere near the same push that existed for the debut album. Wasn't one of them also tied up with a sponsorship? Like-

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/31/2023 at 12:49 AM, China said:

Gaga declined in touring demand only in your delusional mind.

Chromatica Ball was a sold-out stadium tour, selling 834,000 tickets in just 20 shows and grossing nearly $6 million per show, tripling her previous highest grossing average tour, which was the Joanne Tour with $2M per show (which had SuperBowl exposure). Chromatica Ball was in such high demand that the CEO of LiveNation was urging Gaga to book more shows, but she was busy memorizing the script and shooting the biggest movie of her career to date.

Gaga is an established artist, with a loyal audience and she will sell out all her shows until her last breath, regardless of her next albums, because she has talent, image, legacy and worldwide impact, don't worry beyfan.

She definitely can

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEfEU5lxBQYeSy9OofbW7

According to whom? You?

Joanne was an arena tour u cant expect $6M avg 

and u sending nyc stadium pics here as if anybody said she can't sell a stadium in Nyc

Even karol g is doing 2 dates there

but gaga is not strong in Touring in US as she was duribg BTW

she has not booked arena or stadiums since 2012 in New orleans, kanas city, arizona, st luis, Tampa, Charlotte, luivelle, monopolis, nashile etc which are very big Touring markets...

she can  get $250M grossing tour at max if she goes on like 45 dates with undewhelming eras

people are going for her previous hits, a new Addition of good known songs will definitely help her to access obscure regions 

There is a lot of room for her to grow 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 8:36 PM, China said:
On 8/30/2023 at 3:41 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I think Donatella & venus pulls better Streams than any chromatica solo album track 

Not true, Replay outstreams them

Now if i speak- 

On 8/31/2023 at 12:02 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Joanne was an arena tour u cant expect $6M avg 

and u sending nyc stadium pics here as if anybody said she can't sell a stadium in Nyc

Even karol g is doing 2 dates there

but gaga is not strong in Touring in US as she was duribg BTW

she has not booked arena or stadiums since 2012 in New orleans, kanas city, arizona, st luis, Tampa, Charlotte, luivelle, monopolis, nashile etc which are very big Touring markets...

she can  get $250M grossing tour at max if she goes on like 45 dates with undewhelming eras

people are going for her previous hits, a new Addition of good known songs will definitely help her to access obscure regions 

There is a lot of room for her to grow 

The average ticket price for the Joanne Tour was $113 while the Chromatica Ball was $135 (up 20%), and that's with pre-pandemic prices, she could have charged more for the ticket and it would still sell out. She sold out a stadium tour 2 years after the album rollout ended, with her name alone. She will definitely charge more for tickets on her next tour, the increase in ticket prices for her Vegas residency is a hint of things to come. She has enough demand to tour whenever she wants.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/31/2023 at 9:38 AM, China said:

The average ticket price for the Joanne Tour was $113 while the Chromatica Ball was $135 (up 20%), and that's with pre-pandemic prices, she could have charged more for the ticket and it would still sell out. She sold out a stadium tour 2 years after the album rollout ended, with her name alone. She will definitely charge more for tickets on her next tour, the increase in ticket prices for her Vegas residency is a hint of things to come. She has enough demand to tour whenever she wants.

There is a difference between having demand & still growing

Nobody said she doesn't have demand

Chromatica Ball was still underpriced for a 2022 tour though she could have charged higher and still soldout her dates

But she struggled with atlanta Houston dates and they were just baseball parks

All A list popstars are selling out NFL stadiums there + she has a lot areas in US where she can grow in US as i said

nobody is denying she is not a Touring force and she can grow twice or thrice with a few more memorable era

A Touring act reaches its peak during their mud 40s

Taylor and Beyoncé are growing in Touring

But with good eras i.e eras tour will do like $1.5B from rep tour $345M

Renaissance tour will do $600M from 56 dates and $245M from 50 dates formation tour (well ofc inflation is also the reason the avg ticket price is increasing but they continuously are exploring new regions to tour and doing more dates in the venues they toured before)

Gaga can do same if her eras stick with people 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,759
On 8/30/2023 at 10:22 PM, Aloe said:

This cotton on collab feels like something 2013 gaga would do rather than 2023 gaga :bebe: such a cheap brand :bebe:

maybe cotton on is the main sponsor for LG7 :darkmode: 

@ClownOreos get in here it just started :giveup:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/31/2023 at 1:29 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

F40WT98WsAAI-lN?format=jpg&name=large

Almost every song, and BM and INLA fell by miniscule... she is on the rise. KEEP PUSHING HER TF SONGS ON TIKTOK THE FADTY PERRISHED PRINT @INTERFAD

INLA deserves like 1M Streams per day

my first experience hearing it was did i just listen to the finest song of her career? the structure, the Verse, the bridge the outro + her vocals oh I was filled with ecstasy and i was not even a stan back then but i know star is born is going to be musical serve but then she got best actress nomination too and i was too overwhelmed...maybe these were the reasons i was not satisfied by chromatica bc i saw the potential and possible music trajectory she should head towards

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 8/31/2023 at 9:55 AM, Ayobabylon said:

INLA deserves like 1M Streams per day

my first experience hearing it was did i just listen to the finest song of her career? the structure, the Verse, the bridge the outro + her vocals oh I was filled with ecstasy and i was not even a stan back then but i know star is born is going to be musical serve but then she got best actress nomination too and i was too overwhelmed...maybe these were the reasons i was not satisfied by chromatica bc i saw the potential and possible music trajectory she should head towards

Yeah INLA is a masterpiece kinda ForGaGotten... Still it does good streams for a Gaga solo song released in the streaming era 160k daily 
it was going to originally be pushed at FADSCARS/Radio over SHallow. ASIB could've been milked more... She had a beyonce-like PR 2016 tea in Europe but with actual talent not just bought PR.

re the step down since 2018/19, I think her work with BP is really really radio friendly, but come at a cost of her lyrical and melody work, ASIB she worked hard and it was complete in a year. Feels like since asib her work maybe over-cooked?

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1