The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,110
On 8/30/2023 at 12:00 PM, Ayobabylon said:

He is the male katy perry. There will be complete erasure of his name after 2 eras when radios get over him

Or maybe you just hate gay men, considering radio has always been difficult for him and you just want to justify your hatred.

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 1:57 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

what was trendy in  digital era is just not lending itself at all to streaming, despite the industry and critics pushing that since 2020 onward
  Even Rena (which was a really good example of bringing a dance-pop era to contemporary streaming era not like ava/gagas 2010 tea ones)  will collapse once the cycle ends looking at how it was before the tour in winter 2022.

I dont believe she should do an album full of ballads, she needs a mix of versatility like ANTI (and a bit like ASIB as you said)  lady gaga dance-pop album full of 3 minute bops is good for fans but literally going to just tank like weve been seeing it since after 2011 so its not going opt suddnely stop and no its not to do with her not going on SNL :delulu_bird:

she won't do dance pop imo 

And if she wants to go on a big tour after lg-7 she will have to make an upbeat era

But a ballad era with as u said ANTI elements will be better on charts longetivity wise

the problem with her longetivity is not the genre but the stories she is telling

No one (GP) wanted to know about her father's sister who she never met although i like joanne

And metaphorical lyrics about depression went through people's head although bloodpop is the major culprit here for adding those 10s dated beats

Asib did good bc its not better than joanne (joanne is a better record imo) but only bc she gave people what they like i.e love ballads, romantic flings with bradley

ARTPOP was so anti radio for 2013 when radio singles were used to be the major reasons for albums success... It would've done better in 2023 

Call me delusional but its chart performance would've been same as renaissance

Applause would've been a radio hit and a moderate streaming success

Do what you want would perform lie break my soul

Artpop, g.u.y, gypsy, Donatella, venus would have been pulling good Streams after getting some recognition on TikTok as they really are good songs imo 

I think Donatella & venus pulls better Streams than any chromatica solo album track 

Anyways i really hope lg-7 is a great record to redefine her music legacy and its worth the 3-4 years gap

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 3:35 PM, corvus albus said:

Or maybe you just hate gay men, considering radio has always been difficult for him and you just want to justify your hatred.

Idc that much about him to hate him but he is a strict singles Artist as far i know his songs 

No album tracks recognition

And radios were hard on him when? Old town road, montaro & industry baby all are radio hits

If he improves as an album maker then i hope he keep getting success

But most radio darling bimbos have tragic fallouts

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 8/30/2023 at 11:00 AM, Ayobabylon said:

He is the male katy perry. There will be complete erasure of his name after 2 eras when radios get over him

Plsssss Katy Perry did not struggle to get  hits during her prime and did it effortlessly. Lil Nas has already had several bombs and his albums are barely consumed outside the payola’d and gimmick’d singles :banana: only one multi platinum cert for Montero and it’s 2x :rip:

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 8/30/2023 at 10:38 AM, monketsharona said:

One of my fave from her tbh. It really deserved the Flowers success 

Yeah... tbh i listened to it last night and thought hmm maybe this is actually better than UTBY
Miley is doing everything i want for a pop star since 2020 tbh. Clean concise imagery, good vocals PH is a literal masterpiece with combination of stlyes, collabs, tempos - not too far from BTWs mix of rock and pop at times but done a lot more polished. 

Spoiler

@Delusional w/ jaded i meant more the fact it could come to the surface with longevity as she continues her streaming climb, ESV iis still a tank yeah it has top 40s but there needs to be more longevity behind the peak

On 8/30/2023 at 11:11 AM, Ayobabylon said:

No one (GP) wanted to know about her father's sister who she never met although i like joanne

And metaphorical lyrics about depression went through people's head although bloodpop is the major culprit here for adding those 10s dated beats

Asib did good bc its not better than joanne (joanne is a better record imo) but only bc she gave people what they like i.e love ballads, romantic flings with bradley

Joanne honestly had potential to be more like ASIB like you say. There's nice vocals, melodies but the concept is stupid and the songwriting whilst good its not relatable at all... Like wheres the depth to 'hey girl' and 'grigio girls' ther elow-key stupid :toofunny:she needs to be authentic and go further.
love them all, bop to donatella and alice but i want emotion and romance from Gaga and to see the woman that she is as an artist :shine:

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 8/30/2023 at 12:11 PM, Ayobabylon said:

she won't do dance pop imo 

And if she wants to go on a big tour after lg-7 she will have to make an upbeat era

ARTPOP was so anti radio for 2013 when radio singles were used to be the major reasons for albums success... It would've done better in 2023 

Call me delusional but its chart performance would've been same as renaissance

Applause would've been a radio hit and a moderate streaming success

Do what you want would perform lie break my soul

Artpop, g.u.y, gypsy, Donatella, venus would have been pulling good Streams after getting some recognition on TikTok as they really are good songs imo 

I think Donatella & venus pulls better Streams than any chromatica solo album track 

Anyways i really hope lg-7 is a great record to redefine her music legacy and its worth the 3-4 years gap

comments lies GIF by Kathryn Dean

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 8/30/2023 at 12:23 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

literal masterpiece with combination of stlyes, collabs, tempos

Also sounds like Midnights

spacer.png

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 5:08 PM, DonnieDarko said:

comments lies GIF by Kathryn Dean

she can't sit on piano for 2 hours to sing ballads if she makes full ballad album

Upbeat songs will have choreography for a popstar concert 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 4:53 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yeah... tbh i listened to it last night and thought hmm maybe this is actually better than UTBY
Miley is doing everything i want for a pop star since 2020 tbh. Clean concise imagery, good vocals PH is a literal masterpiece with combination of stlyes, collabs, tempos - not too far from BTWs mix of rock and pop at times but done a lot more polished. 

Reveal hidden contents

@Delusional w/ jaded i meant more the fact it could come to the surface with longevity as she continues her streaming climb, ESV iis still a tank yeah it has top 40s but there needs to be more longevity behind the peak

Joanne honestly had potential to be more like ASIB like you say. There's nice vocals, melodies but the concept is stupid and the songwriting whilst good its not relatable at all... Like wheres the depth to 'hey girl' and 'grigio girls' ther elow-key stupid :toofunny:she needs to be authentic and go further.
love them all, bop to donatella and alice but i want emotion and romance from Gaga and to see the woman that she is as an artist :shine:

I think it was bc of lack of music inspiration

Post chromatica gaga said she was unhappy in past but now is very happy and feeling most creative which she has not felt in years.. and im always seated for creative gaga cuz i know what things she can achieve if she actually puts mind to it

A Popster Is Born 10,467
On 8/30/2023 at 2:06 PM, Ayobabylon said:

she can't sit on piano for 2 hours to sing ballads if she makes full ballad album

Upbeat songs will have choreography for a popstar concert 

Anyway we know the dance classics will never leave her pop shows (JD, Poker Face, BR, BTW, Telephone...)

• paws up 1

On 8/30/2023 at 3:26 AM, Ayobabylon said:

The lies

U just hate other girls 

Bc which Miley or selena fan attacked gaga here? Yet u constantly ranting about YTBY & SS

I've never mentioned Selena once on this site and everything I've said about Miley's new single is true, so you're the one lying, as usual.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:26 AM, Miaou said:

China is Krazy

ignore the 3401021th dupes 

You're not even a Gaga fan but a Dua Lipa fan who spends all day forcing this faceless girl on this forum, it'd be nice if she was popular enough to have a forum to gather her fans so we would get rid of you, but unfortunately she ain't popular at that level and never will be.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:56 AM, little legend said:

Krazy making a dup account 

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

You hate Stupid Love so your opinion is already invalid for me.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3
On 8/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, China said:

You hate Stupid Love so your opinion is already invalid for me.

You stan Stupid Love so your opinion should be invalid not only for me but also for the rest of the world. 

• lol 2

On 8/30/2023 at 6:54 AM, Delusional said:

Dropping on radio tho iirc, but it’s dipping then rising over and over so might not be for long. 4 top 40 singles for Mildred’s ESV would look cute and not everyone can achieve that.. :ohhh:

This only had 3 days of low drops on radio in the last tracking week so it didn't affect the song on the chart, its big drops started this week when the song was unplugged to make room for her new single and with Zach Bryan placing all 16 songs from his new album on the chart + other debuts, this song could be off the Hot 100 as early as next week.

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 8/30/2023 at 1:04 PM, Delusional said:

Also sounds like Midnights

spacer.png

fadnights is like her own version of chromatica, witness, femme fatale etc but ended up being a success. Its taylor at her most radio and playlist friendly.came out at the exact right time with everything going for her. It would've bombed in 2020 :icant:

On 8/30/2023 at 2:48 AM, ViviLittleM said:

They added even more tickets for tomorrow show… hopefully they’ll sell tomorrow as usual, most tickets are sold the day of the show in Vegas (it looks a bit awful for now - don’t know why people don’t like this date, other shows are doing great) 

It's on Thursday, people work, only big Gaga/Jazz fans or those on vacation have interest in the first show (dumb to start on a Thursday but whatever), while the rest of the audience doesn't have the energy to travel to Vegas after work, that's why the second date looks better, because it's on Saturday. All shows will sell out, though.

Edited by China

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 7:59 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

fadnights is like her own version of chromatica, witness, femme fatale etc but ended up being a success. Its taylor at her most radio and playlist friendly.came out at the exact right time with everything going for her. It would've bombed in 2020 :icant:

Exactly bc im really surprised how well its performing to be such a lackluster album

i think she is too big to flop now

She can survive 2-3 more bad albums without declining