The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 5:51 AM, China said:

Quality has nothing to do with success and the current charts show it. And yes, you were referring to Chromatica and your comments show it, don't play dumb thinking there's someone dumb here.

Everything I say I bring receipts, unlike you and your biased opinion.

Doesn't mean that you are less messy who hates every popstar except your fav

On 8/30/2023 at 12:57 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Doesn't mean that you are less messy who hates every popstar except your fav

I'm a Gaga fan and I'm on a Gaga forum, ofc I'm going to defend her from the baseless sh!t you say, you're the one out of your place, bothering others, beyfan. You are not welcome here and several other users have already made that clear. Get real.

A Popster Is Born 10,467

Burns / Andrew Watts would be such a great lead producers combo for LG7 imo. The pop side that Burns can carry with the rock influences Watts is known for.

Add Boys Noize for some kind of experimental electronics sounds and RedOne for the catchy side of composition and catchy choruses on some songs.

And you have her new big revival album that will stick as a big album in her discography.

Feel like we'll have that conversation many many times in the next couple of years anyway as she has probably made barely nothing on this album :enigma:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 897

Chromatica was a #1 album on BB200 with #1 single ROM and a successful world tour. Most of her fans are fond of this album and it did more than okay if we take all the circumstances into consideration. 
we don’t give a fvck about Bey’s chart performance, and we surly didn’t go to Beyoncé’s forum to sh!t on their favs when The Carters/Lion king album flopped hard on charts. And as an Asian I can guarantee you that Bey’s last well known song in this continent is Single ladies, which was released 15 years ago.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,658

They added even more tickets for tomorrow show… hopefully they’ll sell tomorrow as usual, most tickets are sold the day of the show in Vegas (it looks a bit awful for now - don’t know why people don’t like this date, other shows are doing great) 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,658
On 8/30/2023 at 7:51 AM, Gabi said:

Feeling a bit excited for her Vegas return tho, We haven’t seen her perform in ages.

Hopefully she surprises us and changes her songs she’s performing at the piano. Keep Paparazzi, add Always Remember Us This Way

• yaas, gaga 3

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 9:41 AM, China said:

I'm a Gaga fan and I'm on a Gaga forum, ofc I'm going to defend her from the baseless sh!t you say, you're the one out of your place, bothering others, beyfan. You are not welcome here and several other users have already made that clear. Get real.

The lies

U just hate other girls 

Bc which Miley or selena fan attacked gaga here? Yet u constantly ranting about YTBY & SS

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 8/29/2023 at 10:16 PM, derpmonster said:

Hot take: LG7 should not be dance pop if you care about commercial success.

No matter what she releases, if it's dance, it'll be compared to TF/TFM and disappoint at least some people. Her dance stuff is a lot less likely to vibe with the GP too because the kind of dance music that's popular these days is what she has never made. 

Instead, she should release an authentic raw ballady album with a timeless sound (like A Star Is Born) with some dance album tracks for the fans. The singles should be largely ballads that serve vocals a la Shallow and ARUTW. And keep the likes of Bl**dP*p away from the project unless we want to end up with another Joanne situation (an album I love that decidedly didn't sit very well with the GP). 

what was trendy in  digital era is just not lending itself at all to streaming, apart from obviously the old pop smashas rising to the top as of late - its a different ball game, despite the industry and critics pushing that since 2020 onward
  Even Rena (which was a really good example of bringing a dance-pop era to contemporary streaming era not like ava/gagas 2010 tea ones)  will collapse once the cycle ends looking at how it was before the tour in winter 2022.

She shouldn't do an album full of ballads, she needs a mix of versatility like ANTI (and a bit like ASIB as you said)  lady gaga dance-pop album full of 3 minute bops is good for fans but literally going to just tank like weve been seeing it since after 2011 so its not going opt suddnely stop and no its not to do with her not going on SNL :delulu_bird:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 8/30/2023 at 10:31 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

had no idea this one was still going, i think another cute classic is coming for miley

Dropping on radio tho iirc, but it’s dipping then rising over and over so might not be for long. 4 top 40 singles for Mildred’s ESV would look cute and not everyone can achieve that.. :ohhh: