The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 11:26 PM, China said:

you've already been warned that you might be banned, we've

Idc about getting banned and i was not even taking digs at c word album

It was a general introspection how fanbase work when their fav music underperforms its not just c word album 

katycats blame her getting bald to witness flopping

Miley stans blame no performances for the ESV plumping down the charts

Taylor stans blames singles of lover in 2019

Beyhive blamed 4 getting leaked for the eras underperformance

the the real reason when music doesn't do good is either its bad or not connecting with gp

many past GOOD albums who underperformed initially got their moment

Even born this way which left charts after 56 weeks due to its polarising subject got its moment with BM, GH, americanO and im sure in future teog or mtn or schibe can also go viral bc thats stunning quality music

+ U are giving me lessons meanwhile u drag miley & Beyoncé with your delusional fake takes 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 10:59 PM, Thatkat4 said:

You know Cuff it just left the TTH playlist and its streams are starting to decline? Song's hit 1 billion all the time, you're not wrong, but doesn't make the achievement any less impressive. Just remember that when it takes Cuff it just as long as it did Rain on Me to reach 1 billion.

Who called cuff it a big hit though Beyoncé is not known for her hit singles but good body of work

Its a moderate hit but its a lot stronger on AM than Spotify 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/30/2023 at 1:30 AM, Miaou said:

292M views soon 300M views :excited:

her amazing team as always :excited: can’t wait to hear the less GPfriendly song from LG7 to be the lead single of LG7 without a MV :excited:

Mvs have zero impact in 2023 though

But im concerned about her sound bc as you said she has more chances of inclining towards less GPfriendly sound 

also i kinda want her to surprise release lg-7 with no pre single 

On 8/29/2023 at 4:20 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Who called cuff it a big hit though Beyoncé is not known for her hit singles but good body of work

Its a moderate hit but its a lot stronger on AM than Spotify 

Cuff it is a big hit though. Rain on Me was bigger, but Cuff it is still a strong showing for Beyonce.

Whatever.  I don't want to argue with you anymore. :awkney:

• love 1

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 8/29/2023 at 2:51 AM, BloodyRain said:

Hi, just a question, what are the best songs/albums of Chris Brown? Thanks!

Disturbia unfortunately. He has a writing credit and the song is extremely underrated not just as a bop but for its quality dark lyrics. 

ARTPOPster 1,609

Hot take: LG7 should not be dance pop if you care about commercial success.

No matter what she releases, if it's dance, it'll be compared to TF/TFM and disappoint at least some people. Her dance stuff is a lot less likely to vibe with the GP too because the kind of dance music that's popular these days is what she has never made. 

Instead, she should release an authentic raw ballady album with a timeless sound (like A Star Is Born) with some dance album tracks for the fans. The singles should be largely ballads that serve vocals a la Shallow and ARUTW. And keep the likes of Bl**dP*p away from the project unless we want to end up with another Joanne situation (an album I love that decidedly didn't sit very well with the GP). 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,648
On 8/29/2023 at 10:16 PM, derpmonster said:

Hot take: LG7 should not be dance pop if you care about commercial success.

No matter what she releases, if it's dance, it'll be compared to TF/TFM and disappoint at least some people. Her dance stuff is a lot less likely to vibe with the GP too because the kind of dance music that's popular these days is what she has never made. 

Instead, she should release an authentic raw ballady album with a timeless sound (like A Star Is Born) with some dance album tracks for the fans. The singles should be largely ballads that serve vocals a la Shallow and ARUTW. And keep the likes of Bl**dP*p away from the project unless we want to end up with another Joanne situation (an album I love that decidedly didn't sit very well with the GP). 

It shouldn't be just AC ballads either. Alt-y electronic mid-tempos like ARTPOP/ Bloody Mary, or a glam-rock album could work - nothing too basic. I also think she should market LG7 as an album and not focus on singles too (which she doesn't do many of anyways), all of her albums are carried by the singles on streaming, I think she needs the public to know she can craft a great album, I think that'd also help her discography retroactively, if successfull. 

Reality: 1 and 1/2 singles and no mention of the album past the day of it's release. 

Edited by ClownOreos
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 8/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, ClownOreos said:

no mention of the album past the day of it's release. 

When has Gaga ever done this with a studio album? Genuine question. :rip: 

Popster for Sale 44,648
On 8/29/2023 at 10:34 PM, Delusional said:

When has Gaga ever done this with a studio album? Genuine question. :rip: 

Obviously I wasn't being literal but Chromatica received very little attention. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 8/29/2023 at 10:22 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Mvs have zero impact in 2023 though

But im concerned about her sound bc as you said she has more chances of inclining towards less GPfriendly sound 

also i kinda want her to surprise release lg-7 with no pre single 

A surprise release from Gaga could actually shook the industry 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 8/29/2023 at 6:16 PM, derpmonster said:

Not you literally describing Joanne :icant::icant::icant:

She just needs her music to be GOOD, regardless of its genre. I LOVE Chromatica but its generic dance pop

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 8/29/2023 at 7:39 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Gaga should release a greatest flop album where it only has her flop singles. That way, when it flops, no one will be upset.

And if it smashes, then we can claim she never had a flop single :icant:

On 8/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Idc about getting banned and i was not even taking digs at c word album

Quality has nothing to do with success and the current charts show it. And yes, you were referring to Chromatica and your comments show it, don't play dumb thinking there's someone dumb here.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, Ayobabylon said:

+ U are giving me lessons meanwhile u drag miley & Beyoncé with your delusional fake takes 

Everything I say I bring receipts, unlike you and your biased opinion.

The Fame Popster 442

Hot take LG7 can be anything as long as she’s into it and present. Regardless of where it falls on personal rankings, Chromatica isn’t that far from her previous dance pop albums sonically. 

I’d love if the Jeff Bhasker rumors were true, but I’d also be down with a dance album helmed by Burns/anyone besides Bloodpop that pushes her into new territory.

• paws up 1
  • love 1