The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/29/2023 at 8:46 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Yeah she did a couple of performances for midnight sky but they could not push the song on charts it did underperform rn its pulling very respectable Streams for an underperforming song ...

It pulled 196,479 streams on sunday, that's not a "very respectable number". Angels Like You accounted for 62% of the album's streams on Sunday, so it's tiktok saving her album and not the supposed quality of her overrated album.

Edited by China
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 10:00 PM, China said:

It pulled 196,479 streams on sunday, that's not a "very respectable number". Angels Like You accounted for 62% of the album's streams on Sunday, so it's tiktok saving her album and not the supposed quality of her overrated album.

Thats barely 100k lesser than rom and y'all call rom a smash hit

Album doing 2.5M-3M if angles like you us doing 1.5M the rest of the album is doing 1.3M which is a good number too 

And angles like you is a great song thats why gp ate it up after a random hit tweet 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 7:43 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Literally that happened

Miley is actually reminding me of Gaga rn when she got a streaming base. For the first time, ive heard a lot of older people be like 'wow i really like miley cryus, shes talented' i went to a family bbq the other day and all the 40+ were stanning flowers so its happening lol

Other dems are discovering her music through that, and i think this is also why UTBY is a weird one cause she's like 29 talking about how she 'used to be young' its appealing to older people lol

Reveal hidden contents

If you wanted to shade Chroma again you could've just said TFM/BTW/ASIB would get boosts :billie:

Used to be young will do good bc its lyrics kinda give u flashbacks and that is giving it a larger appeal its a 7/10 song imo but she kept it simple and simplicity is good sometimes

& Yes Miley Cyrus is appreciated for her versatile voice 

Many irls call her the voice of this generation

& One more thing i admire about her is how she resuscitates her career after flopping worse than Katy and she does it again & again

Hannah Montana -  career low - bangers (revival) - career low - younger now- dead petz - completely dead career - plastic hearts (revival)- Flowers & YTBY(hits)

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 6:49 PM, ClownOreos said:

You just come here everyday to drag Chromatica for no reason 

Please take your meds I beg you 

Nobody mentioned chromatica pls stop being this paranoid

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908

I could praise any Artist here for their good music and lack of reliance on promotion but quality and somehow some people will take it as a drag towards chromatica..why?

i’ve done said things about that album and i im not even mentioning it and if i discuss other artists bc there is nothing to talk about gaga rn bc of inactivity that doesn't mean im dragging chromatica all the time 

On 8/29/2023 at 12:45 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Album doing 2.5M-3M if angles like you us doing 1.5M the rest of the album is doing 1.3M which is a good number too 

And angles like you is a great song thats why gp ate it up after a random hit tweet 

Which is proof quality =/= good recurrent streams. Plastic Hearts and Rain on Me are two of the best songs released in 2020. They deserve better recurrent streams. Although Rain on Me being close to 1 billion is proof it's a smash hit, it's not an easy thing to achieve. 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 10:27 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Which is proof quality =/= good recurrent streams. Plastic Hearts and Rain on Me are two of the best songs released in 2020. They deserve better recurrent streams. Although Rain on Me being close to 1 billion is proof it's a smash hit, it's not an easy thing to achieve. 

Stuck with you already has 1B Streams 

Popster for Sale 44,657
On 8/29/2023 at 5:56 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I could praise any Artist here for their good music and lack of reliance on promotion but quality and somehow some people will take it as a drag towards chromatica..why?

i’ve done said things about that album and i im not even mentioning it and if i discuss other artists bc there is nothing to talk about gaga rn bc of inactivity that doesn't mean im dragging chromatica all the time 

It was obviously a dig at Chromatica's lackluster streaming numbers. Like it's okay if you don't like the album, and if you think it's longevity on streaming is strictly equivalent to it's quality. I would argue that this is a silly statement to make: a lot of great quality music is not present on streaming, and vice-versa. You'd think someone so keen on charts would have some awareness of how optics, promotion and several other factors come into play here. But that's not really the point anyways.

The real problem here is how you frequent a forum dedicated to Gaga only to constantly criticize her latest offerings and diminish her success and artistic merits in relation to other popstars. That is just downright bizarre behaviour, and naturally unwelcome here. 

Edited by ClownOreos
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2

On 8/29/2023 at 1:45 PM, Ayobabylon said:

We call it a smash because it was a smash, simple as that.

On 8/29/2023 at 1:45 PM, Ayobabylon said:

You push the narrative that Chromatica is carried by Rain on Me, however it only accounted for 42% of Chromatica's streams on Sunday, while Angels Like You accounted for 62% of PH's streams, you are hypocrite.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, China said:

We call it a smash because it was a smash, simple as that.

You push the narrative that Chromatica is carried by Rain on Me, however it only accounted for 42% of Chromatica's streams on Sunday, while Angels Like You accounted for 62% of PH's streams, you are hypocrite.

Rom 350k out of 710k (12 tracks doing 360k)

ALY 1.4M out of 2.8M (13 tracks doing 1.3M) 

Popster for Sale 44,657
On 8/29/2023 at 6:03 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I refuse to mention its name it already made me the anti hero of this forum 

Oh, there she goes. Playing the victim, again.

Taylor Swift Swiftie GIF by With the Band

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,469
On 8/29/2023 at 5:25 PM, ClownOreos said:

It's the album I enjoy listening casually the most. I think it flows really well, which makes for easy listening, for me it just starts to lose a bit of steam in the with SFA-100 Doves back to back, but Babylon is always worth it. 

Babylon is definitely in my all time top 10 of my favorite songs of her

• yaas, gaga 1