The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 8/27/2023 at 4:33 PM, Delusional said:

stop acting like you live under a rock

You need to shut up and leave this forum for good. Mods can give me a warning point for saying that but it needs to be said. Everything you say on this forum is the opposite of everything Gaga stands for.

Edited by IJustWorkHere
  • thanks 1

On 8/27/2023 at 5:33 PM, Delusional said:

UTBY was always meant to be on the album and part of ESV universe? it’s just part of the rerelease. Rereleases are common please stop acting like you live under a rock. 

It remains a leftover that was added months after the album came out and it's getting a lead single-level radio deal.

A Popster Is Born 16,838

The fact that i have manifested Greatest Hits but Piano/Acoustic Version + Unreleased Songs for a long time now 

I hope that's really the secret project she mentioned.. Poker Face Acoustic Version :giveup:

A Popster Is Born 10,545
On 8/27/2023 at 10:50 PM, Miaou said:

In France everyone and theirs mothers know Paparazzi 

it is a CULT song (as it should)

Same for Just Dance and Poker Face honestly 

I remember they were played like everytime I turned on the radio. Kind of great knowing France didn't really hesitated playing her debut single while they had to fight for JD in North America and elsewhere. Maybe because we were always loving EDM here with David Guetta and other DJs slaying radios and so on

A Popster Is Born 14,814
On 8/28/2023 at 12:12 AM, China said:

It remains a leftover that was added months after the album came out and it's getting a lead single-level radio deal.

ma'am, this is a wendy's :dead:

rereleases of albums have been a things for, at least, some years now... :dead:

and with the rerelease, a new lead(?) single is pushed, new song = new opportunity to catch a hit, it's not rocket science :katy:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 8/27/2023 at 12:13 PM, Ayobabylon said:

The best i can say it that its not a bad album as many twitter stans claims

I didn’t ask about what would you agree with nor do I care. The fact is Chromatica is a great album that was praised for its production, lyrics, depth and concept. Move on. 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,545

People really need to stop reading too much into stan Twitter / ATRL or you'll get spoiled the pleasure of a new album exactly what happened whith Chromatica, Joanne and ARTPOP. 

I decided I won't read any opinion or comment from those people on next album campaign.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 8/28/2023 at 11:02 AM, little legend said:

You all will be shocked to know but I just woke up and realised that Stupid Love is a very bad song:enigma:

« So many lies in just one post. 

Stupid Love is not a fun bop it's a cheap stupid song that even after the enormous hype from Shallow managed to only go to #5 and then free fall. 

Every decent single in the human history would have been #1 for at least 2 weeks after ASIB hype. 

But the problem is not that it's just a major flop. On top of being a major disaster, it's also a horrible song, with cheap lyrics and cheap music video. You can't serve talent and non stop timeless classics like Shallow, ARUTW ,INLA, ITA and then have a song like Stupid Bomb as a lead single. Apart from this, because of that song we had to deal with 2 pandemics in 2020 and increase ear pain problems and lack of faith that her team have taste and know how to pick the correct singles, leading us to insecurity about the future. 

So no Stupid Love is not a cute fun bop but it's the epitome of everything is terrible »

Little Legend - ATRL - August 2023 

• thanks 1
  • lol 4

On 8/26/2023 at 10:36 PM, Gabi said:

I really want to know when they will put out the trailer for J FAD, still remember how thrilled I was when ASIB trailer was out.:darkmode:

Any predictions on when the first teaser/trailer will be released?

Pop-a-911-ster 28,958
x3
On 8/28/2023 at 12:16 PM, Miaou said:

« So many lies in just one post. 

Stupid Love is not a fun bop it's a cheap stupid song that even after the enormous hype from Shallow managed to only go to #5 and then free fall. 

Every decent single in the human history would have been #1 for at least 2 weeks after ASIB hype. 

But the problem is not that it's just a major flop. On top of being a major disaster, it's also a horrible song, with cheap lyrics and cheap music video. You can't serve talent and non stop timeless classics like Shallow, ARUTW ,INLA, ITA and then have a song like Stupid Bomb as a lead single. Apart from this, because of that song we had to deal with 2 pandemics in 2020 and increase ear pain problems and lack of faith that her team have taste and know how to pick the correct singles, leading us to insecurity about the future. 

So no Stupid Love is not a cute fun bop but it's the epitome of everything is terrible »

Little Legend - ATRL - August 2023 

:rip:  

Spoiler

#53 on UK, #65 in Australia, #69 in Canada and #75 in Germany on their respective YEC charts say that 

platinum in 2 years and 6 months is a smash album

• lol 1

Popster This Way 658
On 8/28/2023 at 4:13 AM, FRANZGA said:

The fact that i have manifested Greatest Hits but Piano/Acoustic Version + Unreleased Songs for a long time now 

I hope that's really the secret project she mentioned.. Poker Face Acoustic Version :giveup:

I hope that THE secret project isn't just an acoustic album of past hits. Or most of us will meltdown,....

I really hope it's either Lg7 or an EP... with bran new commercial music

Edited by Andraslop

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 8/27/2023 at 6:43 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

UTBY is now predicted to debut at #7:applause:Almost two decades of top 10 hits:applause:

See You Again (#10, 2007), 7 Things (#9, 2008), "The Climb" (#4, 2008), "Party in the U.S.A." (#2, 2009),  "Can't Be Tamed" (#8, 2010), "We Can't Stop" (#2, 2013), "Wrecking Ball" (#1, 2013), Malibu (#10, 2017), "Without You" (#8, 2021), Flowers (#1, 2023). 

It's a shame that 23 peaked at #11. We need more Mike WiLL Made-It-ed bops.      

It’s a really beautiful song. It’s not as good as ALY (or MR) but it’s timeless and I like the chorus. Miley has been smashing it as of late, PH debuted with Joanne numbers now does 3-4m. Lonhevity>>>>Debut

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828

France :

Top Singles

#6 (-1) Dua Lipa - Dance The Night 

85-62-110-99-91-110-104-75-19-06-06-05-06-

4th week in the top 10 :applause:

Top Radio

#2 (+5) Dua Lipa - Dance The Night *New Peak*

Smash of the soundtrack :applause: