The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/27/2023 at 8:01 AM, corvus albus said:

I'll just remind everyone that SL debuted with 4.2M on Spotify Global and 5.7M on Spotify overall. Even back then, people said the song debuted with underwhelming numbers and Gaga did not have the biggest song of the year so far back then.

And that's a month after the song leaked and the fan base got sick of listening to it in HQ, imagine if it was an unreleased one.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, China said:

Exactly, that's why she's Lady Gaga and the others are just another singers.

i admire her for distinctiveness its her IT factor but too much of it is not good for her sometimes its okay to give people what they ask for

On 8/27/2023 at 11:56 AM, Ayobabylon said:

i admire her for distinctiveness its her IT factor but too much of it is not good for her sometimes its okay to give people what they ask for

Gaga will never do what people expect, in her own words.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Absolutely not. Gaga should release the music she wants to. If she wants to make an album filled with relatable love songs, then I will be first in line to buy multiple copies. But only if she wants to. 

and thats what she does

she is too much into her artform

she makes music about her current life 

She was depressed from 2018-2020 and thats what hmh & chromatica reflected but it didn't fare well on charts 

and i think her next era will be lighter and brighter as she seems HAPPY

+ I dont think she is comfortable displaying her love life thats why she makes minimal love songs 

The only time you can expect a full love album from her if sometime in future she has to make a soundtrack of a film where is is romantically co lead

Lg-7 topic and theme is still amusing bc im unable to guess in which direction she will go

she already has made music about sex, fashion & bad b*ch power anthems

Whats next? There is no big shift in her life as well when it comes to family or love life 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/27/2023 at 8:27 PM, China said:

Gaga will never do what people expect, in her own words.

She can do that in a way Beyoncé does i.e making music on genres which are obscure and not riding the wave of whats trending or gen z stats like how Taylor rode lana then billie eilish wave in the name of evolution 

But making your music fully inaccessible is not the best choice 

On 8/27/2023 at 12:05 PM, Ayobabylon said:

She can do that in a way Beyoncé does i.e making music on genres which are obscure and not riding the wave of whats trending or gen z stats like how Taylor rode lana then billie eilish wave in the name of evolution 

But making your music fully inaccessible is not the best choice 

She's not Beyoncé, she's Lady Gaga, stop comparing her to other singers.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,470
On 8/27/2023 at 12:10 PM, Leptine said:

That's because they usually have heavy special effects or difficult action scenes (see the last Batman), whereas JFAD is basically a drama rather than an action superhero movie without special effects on it, 150M is huge for this kind of movie giving they 3X from the first one.

Maybe not a lot of special effects but we know from the set stuff we had there's a lot of big action scenes with some big crowds, pyrotechnics things, car chases, escape scenes and more stunts. It'll be an action movie probably a lot more than the first movie tbh

On 8/27/2023 at 8:23 PM, BenG said:

J:FAD has a big budget for no CGI. It has a similar budget to Barbie. Tells you what kind of gross they're aiming for.

I doubt they were expecting/aimed Barbie to do the numbers, it did. The movie outperformed 

Popster for Sale 41,790
On 8/27/2023 at 4:49 PM, zoldyck said:

I doubt they were expecting/aimed Barbie to do the numbers, it did. The movie outperformed 

They absolutely were expecting at least $1B. The marketing was insane.

The payola of Miley's new song is evident... How can a leftover included in the album 5 months after it comes out be rising 3M a day on the radio? It's not even a lead single off an album to get a big radio deal like that.

A Popster Is Born 10,470

True but you should all not forget Joker 2 is rated R and some kind of musical. Barbie was a very easy GP and family targetting.

Joker 1 already did better than expected and it was pre-Covid time.

Not saying it won't do great but let's underestimate a bit our expectations. If Joker 2 is not hitting 1 billion we will be dragged hard for being too daring in expectations

Edited by monketsharona

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/27/2023 at 9:19 PM, zoldyck said:

They definitely were 

Its a pg13 feminist film and the promo cycle of it was insane

I bet they spent $100M on promo alone

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/27/2023 at 9:55 PM, monketsharona said:

True but you should all not forget Joker 2 is rated R and some kind of musical. Barbie was a very easy GP and family targetting.

Not saying it won't do great but let's underestimate a bit our expectations. If Joker 2 is not hitting 1 billion we will be dragged hard for being too daring in expectations

Highest grossing musical is $600M and it was not even R rated... Expecting $1B for joker is a reach 

On 8/27/2023 at 6:25 PM, monketsharona said:

Well I think no one is expecting 500M neither

Edited by Matteo Remondi