The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

The Fame Popster 333
On 8/19/2023 at 9:08 AM, monketsharona said:

I don't see any problem in this. ALL big pop artists have management team to sell their products. Just pointing like someone said that I don't see why we should constantly coming for Taylor or Dua or X artist for having commercial strategies as if we are stanning some kind of background small artist who don't care if doing 2k steams on a debute.

Like seriously Dua, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, or any other big mainstream pop artists are on the same league when it's about commercial matter. Labels / management teams will push them more than any other artists because they make money. And that's just fine. We shouldn't blame any of them for pushing commercially their material.

Except, you're using this - a discussion on comparable promotional tactics that are designed and delivered by the artists' teams themselves - to insert an outdated claim that has undermined the success Born This Way's debut week sales since 2011, and is NOT the same thing. 

If Spotify decided that Billie Eilish was worth the investment and had blocked all users from streaming any other songs in the UK last week, while plastering "WWIMF?" on every user's screen, that wouldn't be a promo tactic her team came up for to maximize sales. It'd be a business move made by a 3rd-party that the industry relies on to deliver product. 

BTW having 3 editions, multiple formats, etc., is a fair comparison. Amazon's decisions aren't.

• paws up 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:08 AM, monketsharona said:

I don't see any problem in this. ALL big pop artists have management team to sell their products. Just pointing like someone said that I don't see why we should constantly coming for Taylor or Dua or X artist for having commercial strategies as if we are stanning some kind of background small artist who don't care if doing 2k steams on a debute.

Like seriously Dua, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, or any other big mainstream pop artists are on the same league when it's about commercial matter. Labels / management teams will push them more than any other artists because they make money. And that's just fine. We shouldn't blame any of them for pushing commercially their material.

Just wanted to make it clear that the lie that the idea of BTW for 99 cents came from Gaga and her label and that OGHs still use to this day must be discontinued. I see a big problem with reverberating lies, especially when they come from someone who claims to be a fan of Gaga.

On 8/19/2023 at 10:07 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

What an iconic discography. Imagine thinking that she has no hits for the Super Bowl. 

Gaga performed 6 songs by herself for her Super Bowl.  So if Miley did a similar set up of performing by herself, she could definitely pull it off with her multi platinum singles, although she might have to dip into her Hannah Montana Era. Although lets be real, it would suck if she didnt get Dolly or Billy Rae on with her at some point.

On 8/19/2023 at 5:20 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Gaga performed 6 songs by herself for her Super Bowl.  So if Miley did a similar set up of performing by herself, she could definitely pull it off with her multi platinum singles, although she might have to dip into her Hannah Montana Era. Although lets be real, it would suck if she didnt get Dolly or Billy Rae on with her at some point.

Here's how I see this:

- Best of Both Worlds (intro) 

- Party in the U.S. 

- We Can't Stop 

- Flowers 

- Wrecking Ball 

- Old Town Road (Billy Rae and Lil Nas X) 

- Miley Cyrus & Dolly Parton - I Love Rock 'n' Roll    

- The Climb 

- See You Again  

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,516
On 8/19/2023 at 4:01 PM, China said:

Just wanted to make it clear that the lie that the idea of BTW for 99 cents came from Gaga and her label and that OGHs still use to this day must be discontinued. I see a big problem with reverberating lies, especially when they come from someone who claims to be a fan of Gaga.

Gosh stop being over sensitive about everything when someone is telling something about her that you don't agree with, like seriously. I (and anybody here) have nothing to prove about how much we are fan of Lady Gaga to you or anybody else. 

Edited by monketsharona

On 8/19/2023 at 10:19 AM, JustJames said:

Because celebrating iconic moments in an artist's career doesn't need to be focused on getting 1 extra week on BB200 - something like 0.001% of the population even knows exists? But, the answer is simple- once again, streaming is NOT profitable for the music industry. 

What you said doesn't make any sense. Streaming accounted for 84% and 67% of US and worldwide music industry revenue in 2022, respectively, according to RIAA and IFPI. That talk that streaming ain't profitable is nonsense from those who don't understand what they're talking about. And I'm aware that they won't be doing anything special for the album's anniversary when it comes to streaming, which is why I meant album bundles, as they were going to update her store anyway.

Newer generations will try to maximize consumption on streaming - they don't have roots in the physical or digital eras, and many of them lack the ability to fill/sell large arena or stadium tours. But, for Gaga, who is a top touring act with a core fanbase able/willing to support her music through digital and physical product sales, why would the focus ever be on new music or streaming?

Because streaming is what matters on the charts these days and those who don't keep up with the tide are left behind??? Physical/digital sales? Are you stuck in 2009? It's 2023, it's time to catch up and leave that stale thinking behind.

Reminding people of The Fame moves products with more profit margins, promotes her touring power, etc., without the investment of a new album, promo strategy, etc. 

Nobody is talking about promo strategy. Albums bundles are literally the bare minimum when it comes to promotion these days, there's nothing complex behind it, that's the very least that the team/label of an artist as big as Gaga should put into practice these days.

• thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 11:30 AM, monketsharona said:

Gosh stop being over sensitive about everything when someone is telling something about her that you don't agree with, like seriously. I (and anybody here) have nothing to prove about how much we are fan of Lady Gaga to you or anybody else. 

You don't have to prove anything to me, just stop reverberating lies that are spread to defame Gaga to this day. By doing this you will already be helping a lot.

A Popster Is Born 16,838

I can't even finish the BARBIE film.. everything looks CHEAP :katy:

How did it scam its way to $1B :katy:

Not entertained, sorry

• thanks 1
  • lol 1