Are you still sure about that? :mess:

Edited by Mario Spears

Moderator 17,129
On 8/17/2023 at 6:53 AM, Ayobabylon said:

cuff it doing 990k rn

What was rom doing on same day? 

Its far more stable in Streams than rom 

Actually, it's not.

Exactly 323 days after release, as old as Cuff It today, ROM was at #177 on Global Spotify with 823,359 streams. Taking the growth of the platform into account, ROM was actually doing better. Spotify grew from 165M Q2 2021 to 210M in Q1 2023, giving us a multiplier of 1,27. ROM today would be streamed 1.045.665 times a day if it were as old as Cuff It.

A good indicator of ROM doing better than Cuff It is actually the fact that it was still on Global Spotify after the same amount of time after release.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 9

A Popster Is Born 18,433
On 8/17/2023 at 7:22 AM, corvus albus said:

Actually, it's not.

Exactly 323 days after release, as old as Cuff It today, ROM was at #177 on Global Spotify with 823,359 streams. Taking the growth of the platform into account, ROM was actually doing better. Spotify grew from 165M Q2 2021 to 210M in Q1 2023, giving us a multiplier of 1,27. ROM today would be streamed 1.045.665 times a day if it were as old as Cuff It.

A good indicator of ROM doing better than Cuff It is actually the fact that it was still on Global Spotify after the same amount of time after release.

Thank you for this facts driven post. :oscar:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 2
  • love 3

A Popster Is Born 10,616
On 8/16/2023 at 7:18 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Don't understand why they're celebrating 15 years tho

10-20-30 i understand but 15 :icant:

Objectively, The Fame 15th anniversary will sell more than ARTPOP 10, Joanne 10, Chromatica 10.

You just have to look at The Fame sticking in Billboard Hot 200 to know She and Interscope have real reasons to milk The Fame more than other stuff.

The big question why aren't they pushing some unknown deep cuts from the album to make it bigger.

• thanks 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:49 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Cuff it is a hit its known in the streets 

& Who cares about billboard awards Beyoncé has 38 grammys she obviously is a better Artist than Britney 

Cuff It is a hit, but only after a lot of payola as I've proven with data and facts.

And having Grammys doesn't mean that one artist is better than another.

• lol 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:53 AM, Ayobabylon said:

cuff it doing 990k rn

What was rom doing on same day? 

Its far more stable in Streams than rom 

Thats how you make an album look at Streams distribution no need to rely on singles for stability 

&

Spotify has way more subscribers today than it had in 2020:

Spotify subscribers Q2 2020: 138 million

Spotify subscribers Q2 2023: 220 million (up 60%)

60% increase. The only logical comparison would be to compare the days each song spent on Spotify Global, and it has been proven that Rain on Me spent almost 3 months more than Cuff It on it and with only 1/3 of Cuff It's time on TTH.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:15 AM, Mario Spears said:

Renaissance isn't even a dance/electronic album, Billboard was forced to place this album on that chart after the Grammy controversy. 

• paws up 2

On 8/16/2023 at 4:26 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Chromatica was a frontloaded era and it never was stable even during initial promo

An album with 2 huge collabs doing 4 weeks inside top 10 was enough sign for them to move on to next era

Chromatica sold on a par with Renaissance and with far less promotion, so if Chromatica was an underperformer, so was Renaissance. Cuff It alone spent more than twice as long as Stupid Love and Rain on Me combined on TTH. Renaissance's overall numbers are poor given its massive promotion.

"Two huge collabs": only Rain on Me was released as an official single, Sour Candy was just a promotional single. And if BLACKPINK was so big on the charts, why was it Gaga who gave them their biggest chart peaks? The only place BLACKPINK was big was on YouTube, and Sour Candy never got an official video.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:26 AM, Ayobabylon said:

And even if they pushed it it could have done max 60-65 weeks but for what? It would still be getting 800k daily Streams in 2023.

Based on what? Stop assuming if you don't have data to back up what you say.

• paws up 1

On one hand, it's hard to ignore that Renaissance is showing better longevity than Chromatica. 

But Chromatica's performance requires an asterisk. The album rollout got ruined by COVID and the George Floyd riots. Gaga almost got canceled the night of the album release because she tweeted a video of herself dancing. In normal times, Stupid Love and Rain on Me would have had performances and a coordinated media rollout, Sour Candy would have its viral Black Pink performance at Coachella, the album would have had support from the Chromatica Ball which would have given the album extra longevity. But that didn't happen and Chromatica got released as COVID was killing thousands daily while there were riots and protests in every major city in the United States. 

To act like Renaissance and Chromatica got released on equal footing is disingenuous and it gets tiring to read. 

Edited by Thatkat4
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,101
On 8/17/2023 at 1:08 PM, China said:

Chromatica sold on a par with Renaissance and with far less promotion, so if Chromatica was an underperformer, so was Renaissance. Cuff It alone spent more than twice as long as Stupid Love and Rain on Me combined on TTH. Renaissance's overall numbers are poor given its massive promotion.

"Two huge collabs": only Rain on Me was released as an official single, Sour Candy was just a promotional single. And if BLACKPINK was so big on the charts, why was it Gaga who gave them their biggest chart peaks? The only place BLACKPINK was big was on YouTube, and Sour Candy never got an official video.

Based on what? Stop assuming if you don't have data to back up what you say.

And im correct

there is a reason every other album from 2020 is pulling more Streams irrespective of promo 

Popster to Popster 4,101
On 8/17/2023 at 6:59 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Cuff It alone spent more than twice as long as Stupid Love and Rain on Me combined on TTH

hmh spending weeks on TTH couldn't improve its Streams 

just accept chromatica era was already in ashes from very first week 

There is nothing wrong in giving constructive criticism to your fav

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,101
On 8/17/2023 at 12:45 PM, China said:

Spotify has way more subscribers today than it had in 2020:

Spotify subscribers Q2 2020: 138 million

Spotify subscribers Q2 2023: 220 million (up 60%)

60% increase. The only logical comparison would be to compare the days each song spent on Spotify Global, and it has been proven that Rain on Me spent almost 3 months more than Cuff It on it and with only 1/3 of Cuff It's time on TTH.

Mama give it up

Renaissance is far better album and far stable album 

If spotify users are rising then why chromatica Streams are constantly declining?

Tfm Btw even joanne & ARTPOP had rise in daily Streams but nothing for chromatica