The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/16/2023 at 4:19 AM, Ayobabylon said:

And to stay on TTH u need stability in Streams i dont think rom was as stable as cuff it

Days on TTH:

Rain on Me: 127 days

Cuff It: 349 days (and counting)

Days on Global Spotify:

Rain on Me: 381 days

Cuff It: 301 days

Are you still sure about that? :mess:

• shook 1
  • thanks 7
  • lol 5

On 8/16/2023 at 2:54 PM, China said:

Days on TTH:

Days on Global Spotify:

Watching Rain on Me fall lower and lower on TTH even as it was outstreaming a large chunk of the playlist while other songs weren't budging and had been there for ages was painful.

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:19 AM, Ayobabylon said:

And to stay on TTH u need stability in Streams

This is a big lie. To stay on TTH u need to pay, there’s no correlation with the performance of the song.

There are so many proofs about this. Most recent one Dance The Night, which never left the top5 of TTH with this weekly performance (before the movie):

Week 1: #29 (16,8M)

Week 2: #17 (18,7M)

Week 3: #46 (14,5M)

Week 4: #49 (13,2M)

Week 5: #58 (12,6M)

• paws up 2
  • thanks 5

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 8/16/2023 at 12:51 PM, ClownOreos said:

likely because of this audio: https://www.tiktok.com/music/paparazzi-by-lady-gaga-7259115888502180614

it has many recent videos with hundred of thousand of likes, I'll keep an eye on it 

it got +1k (16k total) videos in 8 hours which is...okay I guess

I don't see a lot of potential in this trend unfortunately but a cute boost is a cute boost :applause:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,846

Another GLOBAL smash for GODUA in the basket ! :santa:

maybe I should quote certain posts from certain people in the past who were certain DTN would’ve been a flop 1 month after its release :santa:

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 8/16/2023 at 8:50 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Was listening to Cupcakke and got Why did you that? on autoplay after Duck Duck Goose and it kind of fits :teddy:

SLAYYYY I LOVE CUPCAKKE

SHOVE DOWN THE DICK SO MY TONSILS RIP

• thanks 1
  • love 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:19 AM, Ayobabylon said:

BMS definitely was a fraudulent #1 but cuff it is known in streets it worked well and GeePee liked it + she really is not relying on radios bc even if cuff it & bms weren't radio smashes

Break My Soul hit #3 on radio and spent just 18 weeks on the Hot 100. Cuff It hit #4 on radio after it had already been out of the Top 50 streaming songs for a month. If that ain't payola...

Beyoncé has been carried by radio since her father was her manager. There's a reason Beyoncé was crowned the female artist of the 2000s by Billboard even though Britney was the one that sold the most.

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 8/17/2023 at 7:07 AM, China said:

Break My Soul hit #3 on radio and spent just 18 weeks on the Hot 100. Cuff It hit #4 on radio after it had already been out of the Top 50 streaming songs for a month. If that ain't payola...

Beyoncé has been carried by radio since her father was her manager. There's a reason Beyoncé was crowned the female artist of the 2000s by Billboard even though Britney was the one that sold the most.

Cuff it is a hit its known in the streets 

& Who cares about billboard awards Beyoncé has 38 grammys she obviously is a better Artist than Britney 

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 8/17/2023 at 1:59 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

This is a big lie. To stay on TTH u need to pay, there’s no correlation with the performance of the song.

There are so many proofs about this. Most recent one Dance The Night, which never left the top5 of TTH with this weekly performance (before the movie):

Week 1: #29 (16,8M)

Week 2: #17 (18,7M)

Week 3: #46 (14,5M)

Week 4: #49 (13,2M)

Week 5: #58 (12,6M)

Dance the night is very stable though is not it inside top 10 on global Spotify?

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 8/17/2023 at 12:24 AM, China said:

Days on TTH:

Days on Global Spotify:

cuff it doing 990k rn

What was rom doing on same day? 

Its far more stable in Streams than rom 

Thats how you make an album look at Streams distribution no need to rely on singles for stability 

&

• thanks 1