The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,410
On 8/16/2023 at 11:46 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Well something that apparently needs promotion when it debuts with 200m playlist reach after two weeks its just not a hit.

Stability always shows potential based on what its initially given.

Chroma would've been more like BTW without the units with the rollout, Chroma is just something that is more isolating to the GP and appeals to more Gaga fans, it never reinvented the wheel and SL was dead after two days - leads are important to the era. 

Virtually every Gaga album is isolating, let’s stop with this. Only ASIB wasn’t and pleased the gp truly. Her earlier legendary albums were smashes because she was new and exciting (and of course because her music was and still is brilliant). 

The only thing I can agree with is that the leads are very important.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 8/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, Gagacharts said:

Gaga´s Spotify Update:

Paparazzi - 436.274.197 (+341.122) [+12% compared to last week] *is it going viral?

F3pkPBiWwAE7zsh?format=jpg&name=large

likely because of this audio: https://www.tiktok.com/music/paparazzi-by-lady-gaga-7259115888502180614

it has many recent videos with hundred of thousand of likes, I'll keep an eye on it 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 8/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Gabi said:

Please… Tay/Bey’s team did tons of promo on social media/streaming platform, cuff it stayed on Spotify’s TTH for months and Tay keeps releasing different versions of same old songs, new TikTok features/challenges…etc. This is how you do promos in 2023.

And what did Gaga’s team do? They spam Haus Labs’ ads and leave us no choice but mute her on social media.

she barely made singles from folklore yet its album tracks are viral in 2023.. august becoming a classic own it own...exile went viral in 2020...thats how an album should burn one after another...even renaissance first bms was shoved on radios, them cuff it went viral on TikTok...when cuff it burned out america has a problem went viral...then she started Touring now album is extremely stable on spotify but her real power comes from AM...its still top 10 there. Even higher than Taylor albums...

Consider that look at plastic hearts...it was a good record but it underperformed bc Miley name was not big enough...then it had resurgence own its own despite zero efforts from her & her team

Its the power of streaming era reducing the need of shoving singles down gp’s throat like 2010s ...its the time when albums artist will thrieve the most i hope gaga and her team are smart enough to understand that...they doesn't need high budget singles to carry albums in 2022.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,560

Am I the only one thinking dragging Gaga's name into the numbers comparisons game feels quite 'unfair' ? 

I mean our last big thing release is +3 years old (which is ages in the music industry). Her streaming power has changed and she released in a very difficult time. And her most recent thing was ASIB which smashed (it defintely helped her image while releasing Chromatica)

I mean next era will be the real clue to know her current strength in the charts / numbers world. So hard to be positive or overdramatic about what will happen...

• paws up 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:16 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Why should we trust you though? the album is so stable on charts it definitely sold way better than 600k

According to Billboard, Renaissance sold 335k in pure sales in the US last year, and according to HDD, it sold 63k so far this year, so 398k total, 400k max. So, it's impossible for it to have sold over 600k ww in pure sales.

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 8/16/2023 at 3:45 PM, danwasd said:

what do we think about this? :love:

one of the better AI covers, enough to make me emotional, but still a bit of a struggle

Gaga unimitable, why? 

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 8/16/2023 at 7:51 PM, China said:

According to Billboard, Renaissance sold 335k in pure sales in the US last year, and according to HDD, it sold 63k so far this year, so 398k total, 400k max. So, it's impossible for it to have sold over 600k ww in pure sales.

Alright. Its still 3.7M and still stable it will end up selling as much as lemonade 

Popster to Popster 4,021

Gaga easily can be the biggest popstar if she had a capitalist thinking

But she is too blown away by her artistry, she just wanna tell her story irrespective of how GeePee will react to it.

Her lyricism is whats in her head, and thats what makes her different and UNIQUE

Id rather be dry but atleast im alive.

Rain on me, rain rain.

I keep my dolls inside my boxes.

In the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance Fame hooker, prostitute, wench vomits her mind But in the cultural sense, I just speak in future tenseJ udas, kiss me if offensed, or wear ear condom next time.

The melody you choose can rescue you, touch me touch me don't be sweet hold me hold me please retweet.

There are great lyrics but people don't connect with them bc of lack of relativity

Thats the reason Artists like Taylor are massive bc they write music girls relate to like about her red scrafs, romantic flings, crushes 

Yk every godam individual goes through these phases.

Asib was big bc it was made just like other popstars make music

Also it had good deep cuts 

although her being different is her uniqueness but its important to evolve and change your style to stay relevant in music industry.

She also should do it often if not every era 

id like her to pull numbers on the bases of quality not frontloaded success 

• thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:44 AM, Gagacharts said:

Gaga´s Spotify Update:

Paparazzi - 436.274.197 (+341.122) [+12% compared to last week] *is it going viral?

F3pkPBiWwAE7zsh?format=jpg&name=large

Look at all of those week over week gains. Hope this means Gaga's streaming numbers stabilized. :shine:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 8/16/2023 at 7:18 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Don't understand why they're celebrating 15 years tho

10-20-30 i understand but 15 :icant:

To have an excuse not to celebrate Artpop's 10th

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 5