The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 8/11/2023 at 12:10 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

lol at whoever said this broke the Fames record :laughga: 

poor baby Chromatica though, truly cursed era who deserved so much more. Damn you COVID

Queens!! 🙌👑

Pop-a-911-ster 28,956
x3
On 8/15/2023 at 5:44 AM, Thatkat4 said:

So I'm stealing this from Kimi on ATRL because its very interesting. Thank you by the way if you're reading this.

"So we often talk about Gars Spotify streams but lets see how her albums compare to all the other albums released same year.

2008 - The Fame #2 total streams #1 daily streams

2009 - The Fame Monster EP #3 total streams #5 daily

*The Fame Monster Deluxe #1 & #1 for both 2008 and 2009 :heart:*

2011 - Born This Way #12 total streams #5 daily streams

2013 - ARTPOP #44 total streams #49 daily streams

2016 - Joanne #38 total streams #61 daily streams

2018- A Star Is Born #9 total streams #11 daily streams

2020 - Chromatica #34 total streams #61 daily streams

Any surprises?"

Not so bad for our girl Chromatica. Not great either.

Born This Way serving longevity in the end. Who would have thought

:applause:

I expected better for ASIB and miss Shallow

Chromatica being on par with Joanne is tragic

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:17 AM, Miaou said:

Chromatica less weeks than ARTPOP… repeat after me

T.R.A.G.I.C

Artpop's single run was pretty impressive honestly. Applause held in the top ten for months. Even DWUW had a respectable run without a video which could have pushed it into the top 10 (although that was a blessing in hindsight)

Edited by Thatkat4

On 8/15/2023 at 7:48 AM, Thatkat4 said:

Artpop's single run was pretty impressive honestly. Applause held in the top ten for months. Even DWUW had a respectable run without a video which could have pushed it into the top 10 (although that was a blessing in hindsight)

It didn’t have a great singles run at all. Applause did well, but DWUW didn’t do that well (the lack of a video obviously hurt it) and GUY tanked for her standards back then.

• thanks 1

Moderator 17,128
On 8/15/2023 at 2:52 PM, GraceRandolph said:

and GUY tanked for her standards back then.

GUY was released as a single months after the era was already dead. 21st October was release of DWUW, 9th November was ARTPOP proper, chaos for the following months with her entire team falling apart and then GUY on March 23rd released as a single.

GUY could've only tanked in that environment.

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 8/15/2023 at 2:01 PM, corvus albus said:

GUY could've only tanked in that environment.

It just wasn't giving hit. If a song gonna be a hit it will give something. Gypsy would get boosts on itunes if ever she would appear to promote ARTPOP so that may have given a little chartrun. GUY was performed on multiple tv shows the liddos always get happy over and sent to radio and they just played it at 2am.

But yeah at that point she was like really uncool.  Remember that katy  was showing sings of  declines and Bangerz era virtually was over in January 2014. Pop was starting to shift imo.

Uk race for #1 is so fun this week, only 24 copies difference between #1 and #2

UK Official Charts — Tuesday Update:

1. “Dance The Night” — 17,829 units
2. “What Was I Made For?” — 17,805 units
3. “vampire” — 14,406 units

Pop-a-911-ster 39,345

https://x.com/filmupdates/status/1691451088602554370?s=46&t=WYmVmTr3NuAykcIAwV8ezg

I don’t know why I’ve been thinking this, but what if the “secret project” that Gaga worked on was the Score for Bradley’s movie “Maestro”….i think after TGM Gaga will start doing more composing work and I wonder if she would score Bradley’s follow up….

Im probably so far off base but I always thought it was interesting, would be nice to see her work with him and possibly get back in the Oscar race for Score/Song potentially :billie:

• lol 1

Popster This Way 692
On 8/15/2023 at 12:10 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

https://x.com/filmupdates/status/1691451088602554370?s=46&t=WYmVmTr3NuAykcIAwV8ezg

I don’t know why I’ve been thinking this, but what if the “secret project” that Gaga worked on was the Score for Bradley’s movie “Maestro”….i think after TGM Gaga will start doing more composing work and I wonder if she would score Bradley’s follow up….

Im probably so far off base but I always thought it was interesting, would be nice to see her work with him and possibly get back in the Oscar race for Score/Song potentially :billie:

Music by Leonard Bernstein.