The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,314
On 8/13/2023 at 3:06 AM, China said:

Beyoncé doesn't have any album that have sold more than Teenage Dream or Good Girl Gone Bad so I wouldn't call them singles artists when compared to Beyoncé.

Dangerously In Love sold more pure than those tho 

On equivalent album units converting single sales it didn’t but I guess the point is the attention towards the album itself vs the singles 

+ Sasha Fierce outsold every Katy Perry album and every Rihanna album bar GGGB

Pop-a-911-ster 31,858
On 8/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, monketsharona said:

She's now the only female artist with multiple +1 billion streamed songs from the 2000s on Spotify :oscar:

Bad Romance and Poker Face will be forever pop classics :shine:

Just Dance is also coming :applause:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,849
On 8/13/2023 at 1:47 PM, Miaou said:

I want BM to have a massive boost again with Wednesday Season 2 and Halloween 👻 

Wednesday season 2 is not coming this year though, is it?

A Popster Is Born 10,616
On 8/13/2023 at 2:47 PM, Miaou said:

I want BM to have a massive boost again with Wednesday Season 2 and Halloween 👻 

I honestly feel like it won't happen, at least not as big as we may expect.

Wednesday season 2 won't happen until at least Fall 2024, at the very least knowing writing sessions are probably on hold right now... And not sure it'll boost Bloody Mary anyway, unless they are using it in the show or making it trend again on Tik Tok... 

Maybe a cute Halloween boost, more important that last couple of years, yeah definitely

Edited by monketsharona

Pop-a-911-ster 28,991
x3
On 8/13/2023 at 3:18 PM, Swallow said:

Wednesday S2 is rumored to come out Halloween 2024 :rip:

Fall of 2024 will be insane for us

Joker 2 : Gaga will reach tremendous amount of fame. She will be everywhere with this movie 

Wednesday 2: Bloody Mary will get a massive boost (hopefully) 

LG6: probably will come in 2024 or early 2025  

Gaga's relevance if she plays her cards right could reach 2009 level again. 

:giveup:

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,858

DTN #7 (+3) with one of the lowest radio percentages in the top10 on the HOT 100 for this week :excited:

Highest Barbie song from the soundtrack :excited:

poor ODHs 

Moderator 17,129
On 8/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, Miaou said:

DTN #7 (+3) with one of the lowest radio percentages in the top10 on the HOT 100 for this week :excited:

Highest Barbie song from the soundtrack :excited:

poor ODHs 

Casually forgetting that DTN has a higher radio percentage than the #1 song and has more radio than the other Barbie song which only has one point less than DTN, so it could still come out ahead :icant:

• paws up 1

On 8/13/2023 at 2:15 AM, Ayobabylon said:

There is a reason they are past glories now 

once radios dropped their singles they stopped selling

(Rihanna somehow managed to deliver a body of work with ANTI & u won’t credit its success on work and many album tracks made more noise than it.)

Beyoncé is the present

Her last single carried era was IASF lol

She successfully converted herself to an albums Artist when 4 singles underperformed she knew its time for a change

If that were true, BEYONCÉ or Lemonade would still be on the charts. Beyoncé has a bad catalog, which is why her only album to be on the Billboard is her latest. It's always like that, as soon as her era is over, the album drops off the charts and she's left with none on it, as no album from her back catalog survives the test of time.

On 8/13/2023 at 2:16 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Its did 700k-750k albums units & 200k singles units its actually most probably over 1M by now & comparing it will chromatica is absurd bc chromatica frefalled after release.. renaissance might have sold less in debut but its miles more stable 

I'm talking about pure sales because you said that Renaissance sold 1M in pure sales, which is not true. It sold less than 400k in the US in pure sales, there's no way it sold twice as much outside the US.

A Popster Is Born 18,433
On 8/13/2023 at 3:33 PM, little legend said:

Fall of 2024 will be insane for us

Joker 2 : Gaga will reach tremendous amount of fame. She will be everywhere with this movie 

Wednesday 2: Bloody Mary will get a massive boost (hopefully) 

LG6: probably will come in 2024 or early 2025  

Gaga's relevance if she plays her cards right could reach 2009 level again. 

:giveup:

LG6 was released in 2020. I know you most probably have ptsd associated with the album’s lead single, but yeah. :gaga-thanks:

• lol 5