The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/11/2023 at 5:42 PM, China said:

All this success for me is nothing but a very well orchestrated and hidden hoax after she was exposed by the CEO of Tiktok for paying to tamper the platform's algorithms in her favor.

Coming from someone who is working in the latin industry and on an artist development deal, I promise you. It’s ALL orchestrated. 

Even Gaga’s Tik Toks,

all content is preplanned and usually deals are struck with these brands and platforms to establish goodwill and help both the artist and the platform reach a certain demo group and succeed

On 8/12/2023 at 5:46 PM, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Coming from someone who is working in the latin industry and on an artist development deal, I promise you. It’s ALL orchestrated. 

Even Gaga’s Tik Toks,

all content is preplanned and usually deals are struck with these brands and platforms to establish goodwill and help both the artist and the platform reach a certain demo group and succeed

It usually works, except Carly’s TLT tik toks didn’t seem to help at all. 

On 8/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, Ayobabylon said:

u are so mad over her success & her upcoming dates will be doing $20M per show btw...

Delusional & delusional.

and she debuted in 2008...plus being an albums Artist>> those diamond girlies like Katy & Rihanna who CAN'T even fill arenas ....

Beyoncé doesn't have any album that have sold more than Teenage Dream or Good Girl Gone Bad so I wouldn't call them singles artists when compared to Beyoncé.

thats a hard working woman the best live performer of our time 

That's Gaga, the most complete artist alive. She sings live, dances, writes songs, produces, plays instruments and has managed to become an acclaimed actress, none of the other girlies come close.

Artists usually declines in their late 30s Meanwhile her at 41 is still getting #1s & outstablising her past albums.

Like I said  Break My Soul, when reached #1, did less streams and sold less in pure sales than Stupid Love did when it reached #5. That cheap #1 doesn't fool anyone. Beyoncé also has the advantage of being played on radio formats exclusively for black artists, always getting twice as much airplay as an artist like Gaga does.

& Bms might was a radio carried song & cuff it might he heavily promoted (as it should bc its more stable than frontloaded pop singles)

Of course it would stabilize, almost a full year on TTH and Top 4 on radio can't have been cheap for her.

but they both burned out but look at renaissance still sitting inside top 30 and it already sold 3M from streaming alone

Adding pure its over 4M

4M in one year for a stable album in great 

Renaissance definitely didn't sell 1M in pure sales, 500k ww at best. It sold less than Chromatica in pure sales in any country in the world and Chromatica sold 560k ww in pure sales in 2020 according to IFPI, so Renaissance sold even less.

Singles doesn't define success of albums 

Lana Taylor & Beyoncé are examples of it & Gaga needs to approach the similar method in future if she wants to stay relevant in music.

Gaga will remain relevant in music until she dies, she's got plenty of talent for that, don't worry 'bout it.

• hugs 1

On 8/12/2023 at 7:46 PM, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Even Gaga’s Tik Toks,

The only era Taylor was really big without sounding like something orchestrated was the 1989 era, and maybe the Red era as well. After that, everything she dropped seems to have too much shenanigans from her team to make it look 10x bigger than it really is.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:55 AM, ViviLittleM said:

I wanted to go to the eras tour so bad, i even had tickets in my checkout, but sadly i had no one to go with me :icant:

i was a bit sad to be honest, because i love most of her songs and 3 hours of show is insane

but every time i see a tiktok of the tour, i said to myself, oh well, it doesn't matter, maybe next time

because seeing those tiktok, it's so cringe, her movements are so cringe :billie: i always want to laugh seeing her performing idk why :rip: even katy perry might have a better stage presence

This girl has no talent, she's the epitome of white privilege. The only thing she is known for is her songwriting which I definitely think is overrated and seems to be all about the same subject.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,136
On 8/13/2023 at 6:36 AM, China said:

Beyoncé doesn't have any album that have sold more than Teenage Dream or Good Girl Gone Bad so I wouldn't call them singles artists when compared to Beyoncé.

There is a reason they are past glories now 

once radios dropped their singles they stopped selling

(Rihanna somehow managed to deliver a body of work with ANTI & u won’t credit its success on work and many album tracks made more noise than it.)

Beyoncé is the present

Her last single carried era was IASF lol

She successfully converted herself to an albums Artist when 4 singles underperformed she knew its time for a change

Popster to Popster 4,136

Renaissance definitely didn't sell 1M in pure sales, 500k ww at best. It sold less than Chromatica in pure sales in any country in the world and Chromatica sold 560k ww in pure sales in 2020 according to IFPI, so Renaissance sold even less.

Its did 700k-750k albums units & 200k singles units its actually most probably over 1M by now & comparing it will chromatica is absurd bc chromatica frefalled after release.. renaissance might have sold less in debut but its miles more stable 

Popster to Popster 4,136

Gaga will remain relevant in music until she dies, she's got plenty of talent for that, don't worry 'bout it.

I will always want her to make great music which adds something to artistry and chromatica added nothing & with lackluster era its not easy to stay relevant.

an album can sell less & spend less time in charts but it needs to be monumental e.g melodrama & NFR... IMMENSE success like TFM is not what i expect from her if thats what u think..but a cohesive body of work which wins critics and fans hearts even if sells less bc good music always finds its way

Popster to Popster 4,136

Of course it would stabilize, almost a full year on TTH and Top 4 on radio can't have been cheap for her.

she hardly has any song on TTH now pls

Its the power of good music thats why its stable.. almost every album track is stable at 200k daily Streams

Cuff it almost burned out its out of billboard too.. renaissance has no current radio single