The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,621

And honestly "success stan" is a real phenomenon. There are stans who associate so deeply with an artist that they feel a high from the artist's achievements as if it were their own. Again, take a breath. And try not to jump to conclusions and spread negativity for everyone else. There's a lot of room between Taylor and Katy. 

• hugs 1
  • love 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Olivia's sophomore slump will be massive. Terrible music. Bland personality. 

On 8/11/2023 at 10:43 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

At least, Tay wasn't a fad. 

US Apple Music

Vampire: #9 (+2)

Bad Idea Right?: #23 (+29) *NEW PEAK*

:billie:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 8/11/2023 at 10:46 PM, derpmonster said:

I feel like stans need to take a breath and step away from stan drama for a second. 

Gaga is fine. She doesn't have to be the biggest artist. That doesn't mean that her music isn't resonating with the GP. It is and has been. We can't compare her with just those above here. Look everywhere. Look at P!nk. Kelly Clarkson. The Weeknd. Ed Sheeran. Even Miley who had a massive #1 hit and then her album kinda fizzled. 

Gaga isn't doing any worse than them. She's not stratospheric but anything less than that isn't a failure. Don't let stans ruin it for you. Stop the drama. Start the music. 

In reality Gaga is doing more than just "fine" if we look at her career overall, she's doing amazing but fans wants her to be the best at pretty much everything and that's why it kind of makes them a bit frustrated because they can't drag the other stans that stans artists with HUGE numbers, meanwhile I'm honestly pleased with Chromatica's achievements for example, even if it could do much more, she was 12 years into her career when she released that album and she still went #1 on Billboard 200, got another #1 hit song on Hot 100 (something that she could not do during Joanne and ARTPOP) got a Grammy win and had a VERY successful tour, these are some pretty good positives and I'm not letting any stans tell me that they are not cause its not true imo. I've been on twitter for like more than anyone and I never let those stans ruin it for me.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860

1989 TV already at 410K preorders in the US :rip:

Taylor has 24 songs doing 1M+ daily streams and 78 songs doing 500K+ daily streams 

There are no words at this slayage 

• shook 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,640
On 8/11/2023 at 2:03 PM, ClownOreos said:

Right. I agree that the show will do nothing numbers wise but I still want to be able to watch the incredible show that TCB is/was in HD. 

This forum is getting more depressing by the day and is filled with people who clearly are not fans of Gaga at all. Highkey want to migrate to ATRL's Gaga base these days, anyone know when registrations are going to be up? 

ATRL registrations are often open these days, keep checking their twitter account, they usually inform people over there, in case I'm gonna let you know.

• thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 7:24 PM, Miaou said:

1989 TV already at 410K preorders in the US :rip:

Taylor has 24 songs doing 1M+ daily streams and 78 songs doing 500K+ daily streams 

There are no words at this slayage 

All this success for me is nothing but a very well orchestrated and hidden hoax after she was exposed by the CEO of Tiktok for paying to tamper the platform's algorithms in her favor.

Expecting the 2023 Gaga to be that same 2010 Gaga is bullshit. Wanting her to only focus on music when streaming pay a pittance, pure sales are dead and what lands in her bank account through her music after her label, songwriters and producers and streaming platforms take their cut shouldn't even pay her employees' salaries is barking up the wrong tree. At the end of the day, she's a brand, a company, whether we like it or not, and you can be sure that if you asked her why she focuses on makeup and movies these days, she would say the same thing. It's not what she likes the most, but it's what pays the most. It is what it is.

Makeup earns you a lot of money with little effort, music doesn't, that's why she entered that game. A music artist only earns a fat check through concerts and tours and as we all know, Gaga has several diseases and a bad hip, so film, makeup and Vegas is what she can do within her limitations to earn a lot of money with little effort. Gaga, in addition to being an A-list in the music industry, is also an A-list in the film industry. She was literally the second highest paid actress of 2022, taking home a fat $10 million check for her role in Joker 2, second only to Margot. Do you really think she cares how many streams she has knowing Spotify pays $0.003 per stream?

Taylor has the need to give her fans everything they want and drop an album every 6 months, because, outside of music, she is nobody.

Edited by China

The Fame Popster 330

sorry, but the last two songs released by olivia are more interesting than anything taylor has released in years...

btw gaga looks incredible in her new IG story, I'm happy she is posting more pictures :enigma:

• thanks 2