The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/11/2023 at 3:26 AM, CHROMATICON said:

I’m a Gaga sand BeyoncĂ© stan, and Renaissance did better than Chromatica and they’re not even comparable. I love Chromatica with all of me but Renaissance IS the dance album of the decade

To you

in terms of numbers it also surpassed Chromatica a long time ago

Chromatica still has more streams on Spotify and sold more in pure sales, not to mention Youtube.

it had a No. 1 solo single

A "#1 sOlO" single that gets less streams than Bloody Mary, which peaked at #41

Cuff It surpassed the total weeks of Telephone if I’m not mistaken it also outpeaked it.

Due to the streaming era and radio payola, however, it did not outsold Telephone did and did not make the IFPI bestseller list, unlike Telephone which was the #4 biggest single of 2010, selling 7.4M in pure sales alone that year, Beyoncé's last entry on an IFPI singles list. And no, Cuff It was #6 while Telephone was #3, so stop lying.

Not to mention the tour, breaking attendance and gross records alongside the Eras Tour. Streaming wise Renaissance is very consistent and it didn’t even had any noticeable mainstream feature in the album to help with its numbers unlike Chromatica.

Nobody needs Ariana when you keep your singles for a whole year on TTH like Beyonce is doing with Cuff It, not to mention that she's been on TTH for 14 straight months since the release of Break My Soul last year, and that her album had 5 songs on TTH x 3 from Chromatica. Who tf needs Ariana with a payola like that.

• paws up 7

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 8/11/2023 at 3:45 PM, BenG said:

Any reason why Barbie is so successful in LatAm? Was comparing the gross with Oppenheimer's and the disparity is huge.

GoDua's impact methinks

• lol 3

On 8/11/2023 at 4:41 AM, monketsharona said:

DoC is just a remix record same like Gaga released for TF, TFM and BTW. And that's it. Don't see why we should count it more as an album more than we did not for her past remix albums.

Those records are always filler stuff with zero effort in it, for any artist making those, not just Gaga.

Yeah, and like, you remove Dawn, Love For Sale and her credited tracks on the Top Gun soundtrack combined and she only loses 471M, staying above 18B streams, they don't have much relevance in her streams.

To top it off, I had to read that the BTW 10-year anniversary version counts as a release when none of the tracks reimagined by other artists count towards Gaga's stream. Like, you can't get a messier "reissue" than that one. :mess:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,165
On 8/11/2023 at 10:45 AM, BenG said:

Any reason why Barbie is so successful in LatAm? Was comparing the gross with Oppenheimer's and the disparity is huge.

it's Barbie

Pop-a-911-ster 27,165

Tried to buy tickets for ERAS TOUR but well... did not find the ones I wanted so no purchase for Miss Taylor's Tour :carly_bye:

On 8/11/2023 at 11:20 AM, emig_09 said:

Tried to buy tickets for ERAS TOUR but well... did not find the ones I wanted so no purchase for Miss Taylor's Tour :carly_bye:

Enough of this girl on this site.

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,873
On 8/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, emig_09 said:

it's Barbie

The disparity is very small in Europe. Just wondering if there is a LatAm-specific reason

On 8/11/2023 at 3:10 AM, boobatella said:

i can’t believe this forum has become about worshipping taylor and dragging gaga left and right :overit:

Yep, some people don't take the hint when they're being annoying. :stopga:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,165
On 8/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, BenG said:

The disparity is very small in Europe. Just wondering if there is a LatAm-specific reason

well Barbie is so famous and I think nobody knows who is Oppenheimer here :icant:

but being totally serious Barbie released the same week winter break (in Argentina) started here so theaters were full of kids/children/young people

Edited by emig_09
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,827
On 8/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, BenG said:

Latin America seem to love camp/gayness (even more than uk) :icant:InterFad need to hurry up and buy Chromas certs there cause it would be a collapse 

• paws up 2

On 8/11/2023 at 10:05 AM, little legend said:

Not Katy Kats coming for me on ATRL for calling her the new Paula Abdul :laughga:  

The lashings I receive :rip::icant:

Paula Abdul has grammys, was the choreographer of none other than Janet Jackson and Forever Your Girl outsold any Katy album. I agree with them, pointless comparison.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,578
On 8/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, Aloe said:

Gaga should scrap the chromatica ball film tbh no one cares about it anymore since it’s taking insanely long to release for some reason and it won’t help the album chart since nobody buys the album anyway :katy:

Not everything needs to be about charts. Bye :tiredaf:

• thanks 1
  • love 1