The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/10/2023 at 4:30 PM, Thatkat4 said:

But theres something off putting about saying her next era is dead in the water

but its truth. 

she knows it imo and thats why she will wait until joker to smash , so she can start a new era. + yes everything about her is so boring and she was just repeating the same sentences she did all the time. :tea:

its not like she’s about to release her Hung Up.

Miss madonna literally prove each day why she’s THEE queen of pop. 

Madonna at 40+ was kissing britney at vma’s and gaga already selling korean rip off make up with tired a** fake words she keeps using since asib press tour. 

These are the facts. And stan twitter already moving to more creative acts who release music. 

Even Brazil moved on from her. 

• sad 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:12 PM, BloodyMary said:

but its truth. 

she knows it imo and thats why she will wait until joker to smash , so she can start a new era. + yes everything about her is so boring and she was just repeating the same sentences she did all the time. :tea:

Madonna at 40+ was kissing britney at vma’s and gaga already selling korean rip off make up with tired a** fake words she keeps using since asib press tour. 

These are the facts. And stan twitter already moving to more creative acts who release music. 

I didn't read any facts or truth in this post, but go off I guess :icant:

Well, maybe Madge being the queen of pop. I'll always stan her, although lets not pretend miss Madonna didn't release boring Bedtimes Stories after Erotica and than have a 4 year break between Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light. :awkney:

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:12 AM, BloodyMary said:

but its truth. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,100
On 8/10/2023 at 10:04 PM, Thatkat4 said:

I didn't read any facts or truth in this post, but go off I guess :icant:

Well, maybe Madge being the queen of pop. I'll always stan her, although lets not pretend miss Madonna didn't release boring Bedtimes Stories after Erotica and than have a 4 year break between Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light. :awkney:

Omg godga’s ROL era is imminent it seems 

bc both Chromatica & bedtime stories underperformed being their 6th albums 

Come through GAGA WE ARE STARVING 🥺

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 4,100
On 8/10/2023 at 9:42 PM, BloodyMary said:

You wish she was that calculative pls 

even if joker smashes a bad album won't stand test of time so thats a dumb analogy

And hauslabs is her new passion thats why she aint making music 

Popster to Popster 4,640
On 8/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, BloodyMary said:

Please, Madonna actually released one of her worst performing album with 'American Life' that year, got tones of backlash for it, her music video got censored from MTV and the first single flopped along with the following ones, she had to rely on that VMAs stunt performance in order to try to resurrect that era.

On 8/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, BloodyMary said:

These are the facts.

More like delusions.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 8/10/2023 at 8:36 PM, Doncho said:

Yall been talking about Gaga having her "Ray of Light" moment for about 10 years now. Time to let it go methinks :icant:

Exactly, Gaga cant have her first grammy award winning project at 40 because shes won plenty of times :applause:

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 8/10/2023 at 3:36 PM, Doncho said:

Yall been talking about Gaga having her "Ray of Light" moment for about 10 years now. Time to let it go methinks :icant:

yaaas! they only want a ROL moment because of the sales/chart impact

cmon, move on and grow up

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 8/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, emig_09 said:

Yeah like... we already have TF, TFM, BTW and ASIB :gaga-thanks:

• yaas, gaga 4

Pop-a-911-ster 27,178
On 8/10/2023 at 3:50 PM, PanPikus said:

This place is a mess today lol :icant:

I fear yall forgot it's summer, there is nice weather out there, you can ride a bike, go on a hike, swimm in the lake or sumn. For real :bigbird:

summer for you

winter for the South Pole

• hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 8/10/2023 at 3:50 PM, PanPikus said:

This place is a mess today lol :icant:

I fear yall forgot it's summer, there is nice weather out there, you can ride a bike, go on a hike, swimm in the lake or sumn. For real :bigbird:

Why would we do that when we can stay in this thread dominated by Taylor Swift and Gaga being dragged left and right? Make it make sense :lesson:

Spoiler

I actually skipped most pages today. And Im getting D tonight so life is good

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,616
On 8/10/2023 at 8:41 PM, emig_09 said:

My own comparison was much more about album content and creative direction with something much deeper and 'adult' in production and writing. Which was the case with Ray of Light for Madonna maturing and entering into her 40s in her personnal and creative life.

Success wise, in the age of streaming I feel like it's more a matter of luck anyway. I don't think any of us could predict how LG7 will do in reception and chart success, no matter how good it will be. I personnally don't give a damn as long as we get a new music project.

Edited by monketsharona

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 8/10/2023 at 7:34 PM, Leptine said:

Please, Madonna actually released one of her worst performing album with 'American Life' that year, got tones of backlash for it, her music video got censored from MTV and the first single flopped along with the following ones, she had to rely on that VMAs stunt performance in order to try to resurrect that era.

More like delusions.

She spent her entire post BTW career moving far away from that woman. She can have a successful pop album at 40 without it being anything ‘Madonna’

She just needs to rip off Jason miraz ‘I’m yours’ , rip off SWU/LOTB and then finally stick bad bunny and Harry styles on the same album. Full proof! :shakes:

• paws up 1