The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/10/2023 at 7:25 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Looking at the bts it won't have original music

But a cute cover hit and best actress oscar nomination would be worth it

Although idk if it will do $1B on BOX office bc its a R rated film

DC better promote it like they did for Barbie

Judy at Carnegie Hall didn’t have original music either. 

Pop-a-911-ster 39,390
On 8/10/2023 at 8:25 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Looking at the bts it won't have original music

But a cute cover hit and best actress oscar nomination would be worth it

Although idk if it will do $1B on BOX office bc its a R rated film

DC better promote it like they did for Barbie

RideorDie on ATRL mentioned that there were original Jazz songs on the soundtrack, obviously TBD if it’s true 

• paws up 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:45 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Since 2020, Gaga has released…

- Chromatica

- Born This Way 10th Anniversary Edition

- Dawn of Chromatica 

- Love For Sale

- Top Gun: Maverick Soundtrack

The narrative that Gaga doesn’t release frequently is bogus. There just isn’t rabid fan activity every time she releases. 

Please she had no input on BTW 10th Anniversary Edition and Dawn of Chromatica except for greenlighting artists featured. Literal definition of giving nothing. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 7:53 AM, zoldyck said:

Please she had no input on BTW 10th Anniversary Edition and Dawn of Chromatica except for greenlighting artists featured. Literal definition of giving nothing. 

And what about Chromatica, LFS, and TGM? You can’t say she hasn’t released material. 

Popster for Sale 44,853
On 8/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

RideorDie on ATRL mentioned that there were original Jazz songs on the soundtrack, obviously TBD if it’s true 

They also hinted that Dreaming of real life which leaked on dbree might be used

I like it a lot and I think it'd sound great in the context of FAD. I definitely think we're getting some original music for the movie.

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 8/10/2023 at 12:39 PM, GraceRandolph said:

“Taylah feeds ha fans!!!”

Meanwhile none of y’all bought Dawn of Chromatica, Love For Sale, Top Gun OST, BTW 10th Anniversary I bet. 

Taylor has a weird hold on fans, she has created a base culture of competition 'how many variants have you bought? oh only 3!' Gaga aint competing with this IJBO.... DoC 8m first day 300k 7 days later

• lol 2

On 8/10/2023 at 8:03 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Taylor has a weird hold on fans, she has created a base culture of competition 'how many variants have you bought? oh only 3!' Gaga aint competing with this IJBO.... DoC 8m first day 300k 7 days later

Yeah, I just don’t think Gaga fans would buy re-recordings of older albums or buy 171819 variants. I think TS is similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, she keeps people constantly engaged with releases and Easter eggs and interconnectivity. 

Popster to Popster 4,104
On 8/10/2023 at 6:18 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Oh idk but those bts songs felt like blend of 1950s judy garland songs 

i dont think it will get BOS nod but good if its original 

Pop-a-911-ster 39,390
On 8/10/2023 at 7:39 AM, GraceRandolph said:

“Taylah feeds ha fans!!!”

Meanwhile none of y’all bought Dawn of Chromatica, Love For Sale, Top Gun OST, BTW 10th Anniversary I bet. 

Want it to be known that I have a DOC CD and Vinyl….L4S Cassette, CD (x6 for every cover version) and two different vinyl versions.

TOP Gun soundtrack I have vinyl and CD in addition to the HMH vinyl

For BTW 10th anniversary I have the Vinyl, CD and Cassette :applause:

love my physical Gaga collection 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

On 8/10/2023 at 6:29 AM, BloodyMary said:

they’re not, thats why pop is dead and the top songs in US are country songs + a taylor swift song from 2019. :tea:

She wont smash its very obvious and there is no hype for her on tl and its ok i guess because she dont really care anyways. I hope joker 2 brings it in because that will be only exciting thing about ha in 4 years. 

Every time I see you post, its always to say mean things about Gaga. :katy:

• paws up 3

I think it's okay to be unhappy with Gaga's release schedule or lack of communication. But theres something off putting about saying her next era is dead in the water or her previous music wasn't good.

There are other ladies to stan. I'm very excited for the 1989 release, but I can do that without going after Gaga. I can be excited for Beyonces tour without taking shots at Gaga's team. It's just weird. The vast majority of us have got to be approaching 30, you wouldn't do that in real life, would you?

Edit: Jeez, I gotta stop typing so fast. so many grammar mistakes.

Edited by Thatkat4
  • paws up 4
  • love 1

On 8/10/2023 at 5:55 PM, GraceRandolph said:

And what about Chromatica, LFS, and TGM? You can’t say she hasn’t released material. 

TGM, again her only contribution is Hold My Hand and its melody being used all over score.

There is no denying Chromatica and LFS, but when you have to use projects like BTW 10th, DOC and TGM speaks volume

• thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Since 2020, Gaga has released…

- Chromatica

- Born This Way 10th Anniversary Edition

- Dawn of Chromatica 

- Love For Sale

- Top Gun: Maverick Soundtrack

The narrative that Gaga doesn’t release frequently is bogus. There just isn’t rabid fan activity every time she releases. 

BTW 10th anniversary. like wtf is that? horror

Dawn of Chromatica is cute, but she literally gave one day attention for that.

Top Gun....isnt she only on one song? 

Love for Sale...i personally start to hate Jazz, so i dont care for that.

Chromatica, that's the last thing i count as release. We all know how that era is ruined.

• thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 9:32 AM, zoldyck said:

TGM, again her only contribution is Hold My Hand and its melody being used all over score.

There is no denying Chromatica and LFS, but when you have to use projects like BTW 10th, DOC and TGM speaks volume

I think DoC counts. Just because Gaga didn't have a hand in it doesn't mean it wasn't new material.

• paws up 1