The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,827
On 8/9/2023 at 2:53 PM, Thatkat4 said:

And as much as everyone likes to make fun of her team for being incompetent, both Rain on Me and Stupid Love got radio and playlist pushes. If Gaga does have new music, I'd imagine they wont just release it and hope it takes off by itself.

i remember we were all taken aback by the level of push SL got an AM, i remember it was woman's day they put Gaga on the cover of almost every single playlist on AM. i wish ARUTW could've been launched like that

On 8/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i remember we were all taken aback by the level of push SL got an AM, i remember it was woman's day they put Gaga on the cover of almost every single playlist on AM. i wish ARUTW could've been launched like that

Honestly, the level of push Gaga's team put on AM for most of Chromatica was surprising. It was a good effort, but I'm still not sure if they realize most of Gaga's base is on Spotify.

Popster This Way 756
On 8/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, Swallow said:

Dua Lipa remains a faceless celebrity.

None of her songs ever exploded or gained some traction in week #1 or #2 and she's been here for what, 6 years? That speaks volumes. her songs always need massive playlisting and radio push :billie:

I keep hearing people say that.

Isn't there plenty of examples where songs got a massive push and it didn't translate the way it translates for Dua. She is easily digestible for the masses because her voice is easy to recognize and has a pleasant tone. That's why payola makes sense and is working.

She is not an artist that is portraying a fully developed character, so it's rather hard to obsessed with her, which leads to no explosive debuts.

With time this might change. I enjoy her and her music

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,631
On 8/9/2023 at 11:22 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Monsters in the ATRL thread arguing that Shallow is bigger than Flowers when there's absolutely no receipts to back this up:katy:This fanbase can be so embarrassing sometimes. The only Gaga hit that could rival Flowers is Poker Face. 

It's pretty rich for them to come for Miley when Gaga hasn't had a solo #1 hit since 2011.

And there's absolutely no evidence that Flowers was propped up by Spotify autoplay when it was smashing on all platforms simultaneously. 

People have pointed out that 'Flowers' got an immediate bigger charts success but that 'Shallow' is serving longevity and became a classic, the comparison is pointless, 'Shallow' is not your coventional immediate smash but 5 years later is still being streamed, covered and talked about and became the 28th most streamed song of all time, we don't know in 5 years if 'Flowers' will still maintain longevity becoming a classic or it will be forgotten, it wouldn't be the first time that a huge hit became forgotten with time.

That being said, another user in this site with absolute no content or output when it comes to Gaga if not bring her down in order to punctually worship other artists, dull and tiring.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 3

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 8/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, emig_09 said:

she looks stunning in the first pic 

Is it just me or does she look a bit like Kim K?

Edited by IJustWorkHere
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,167
On 8/9/2023 at 5:16 PM, ViviLittleM said:

The universal love for Taylor Swift is kinda scary

why? she's cute and a really hardworking singer/songwriter (artist)

• paws up 1