The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,865
On 8/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, BenG said:

Not UK clubs having Taylor Swift nights, called Swiftogeddon :icant:

The lack of rythm in those parties must be interesting to witness 

• lol 6

Dua Lipa remains a faceless celebrity.

None of her songs ever exploded or gained some traction in week #1 or #2 and she's been here for what, 6 years? That speaks volumes. her songs always need massive playlisting and radio push :billie:

• thanks 1

The Fame Popster 333
On 8/9/2023 at 4:05 AM, CHROMATICON said:

I truly want Gaga to achieve the level of success Taylor and Beyoncé are experiencing with their tours and music + Renaissance has basically already broken Chromatica’s record and it’s now the longest No. 1 dance album on the Billboard dance charts. LG7 needs to come through but there’s barely any hype for new Gaga music outside Gaga’s fanbase.

Nice of you to want things for someone you (presumably) don't know, but Gaga's given every indication since 2014 she has no desire to "achieve the level of success" you refer to. I'd dare say she never desired it, as she released an album titled THE FAME MONSTER as she rose to her peak, followed by BORN THIS WAY at the top. Regardless, it's so sad her own fans constantly whine about a so-called lack of achievement / success when the woman has 1 Oscar, 13 Grammys, 5 #1 singles, 6 #1 albums, massive/iconic MVs, tours...

As @GraceRandolph alluded to, If you're a Gaga fan because you want/expect her to meet the commercial standards of other musicians, you've really been missing out. But, quit trying to ruin it for the rest of us who'd rather listen to LG1-LG6 than a Taylor album, or enjoy/enjoyed the more approachable kind of brand she built vs. a Beyonce.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:22 AM, monketsharona said:

Just my opinion but a total silent hiatus doesn't seem to match to Lady Gaga for a big come back. I think she should build hype asap. Even her fanbase is bored and unhyped. 

Can you/@CHROMATICON share a link to your research/market study comparing hype for Gaga vs. other musicians prior to roll out of pre-album promo? Otherwise, STFU, because I'm also sick of her fans using the stan Twitter echo-chamber or drop in Spotify streams to extrapolate this ridiculous "nobody wants her music" garbage.

She just announced Jazz shows 1 month beforehand and you think she's worried about demand for new music? I know everyone obsesses over who got 505,001 streams today vs. 499,806, but you realize musicians DON'T CARE if they're the #3 "most-streamed 00's solo android" on a platform where they earn ~$0.04 per steam, right? The reason many have turned to side hustles/abandoned traditional music promo is because the $ is in tours and brand deals. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,623
On 8/9/2023 at 2:58 PM, JustJames said:

Nice of you to want things for someone you (presumably) don't know, but Gaga's given every indication since 2014 she has no desire to "achieve the level of success" you refer to. I'd dare say she never desired it, as she released an album titled THE FAME MONSTER as she rose to her peak, followed by BORN THIS WAY at the top. Regardless, it's so sad her own fans constantly whine about a so-called lack of achievement / success when the woman has 1 Oscar, 13 Grammys, 5 #1 singles, 6 #1 albums, massive/iconic MVs, tours...

As @GraceRandolph alluded to, If you're a Gaga fan because you want/expect her to meet the commercial standards of other musicians, you've really been missing out. But, quit trying to ruin it for the rest of us who'd rather listen to LG1-LG6 than a Taylor album, or enjoy/enjoyed the more approachable kind of brand she built vs. a Beyonce.

Can you/@CHROMATICON share a link to your research/market study comparing hype for Gaga vs. other musicians prior to roll out of pre-album promo? Otherwise, STFU, because I'm also sick of her fans using the stan Twitter echo-chamber or drop in Spotify streams to extrapolate this ridiculous "nobody wants her music" garbage.

She just announced Jazz shows 1 month beforehand and you think she's worried about demand for new music? I know everyone obsesses over who got 505,001 streams today vs. 499,806, but you realize musicians DON'T CARE if they're the #3 "most-streamed 00's solo android" on a platform where they earn ~$0.04 per steam, right? The reason many have turned to side hustles/abandoned traditional music promo is because the $ is in tours and brand deals. 

Take your pill seriously:ally: Nobody was attacking her. Wasn't that deep.

Gosh you blame fans who have some 'negative' opinions about her. But those over sensitive fans who can't handle some 'criticism' are as annoying, or even worse.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,188

Morgan Wallen's "Last Night" keeps skyrocketing on Radio but it seems he has a secure 16th week at #1 on the Hot 100 breaking the record for most weeks at #1 for a solo artist (passing "As It Was") 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,188
On 8/9/2023 at 10:18 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Flowers returns to the top 10 seven months after the release:excited: 

Snooze #9 :dead:

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 8/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, Swallow said:

Dua Lipa remains a faceless celebrity.

None of her songs ever exploded or gained some traction in week #1 or #2 and she's been here for what, 6 years? That speaks volumes. her songs always need massive playlisting and radio push :billie:

If dua was putting out these dance songs and they were peaking high instantly it would just result in a frontloaded mess. Disco is designed more timeless, and duas brand is all for the GP. She just needs to avoid going like katy/rita ora

like even cuff it was a grower. Dance bangers by established females always end up frontloaded like womaniser, bms, rom :ally:

Gaga's been at T-Swift levels before, it almost killed her. Besides, none of us would ever be able to get tickets to any of her concerts :banana:

Here's the thing, Gaga genuinely seems happy and healthy these days. And next year is going to be a total serve with her advertising for Joker. I really don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of hype or success.

And as much as everyone likes to make fun of her team for being incompetent, both Rain on Me and Stupid Love got radio and playlist pushes. If Gaga does have new music, I'd imagine they wont just release it and hope it takes off by itself. 

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,188

It seems like "Cruel Summer" is going to #3 on the Hot 100 next week so a good final push could make it go #1... a remix coming?