The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,022

Beyoncé US numbers are  INSANE if we thought her european gross was impressive 

Taylor will have to film stadiums behind the stage to get that gross btw

$16M each from NYC aka more than $300 avg price oh her Touring power is insane 

• lol 1

Popster This Way 979

I truly want Gaga to achieve the level of success Taylor and Beyoncé are experiencing with their tours and music + Renaissance has basically already broken Chromatica’s record and it’s now the longest No. 1 dance album on the Billboard dance charts. LG7 needs to come through but there’s barely any hype for new Gaga music outside Gaga’s fanbase.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,887
On 8/9/2023 at 9:05 AM, CHROMATICON said:

Renaissance has basically already broken Chromatica’s record and it’s now the longest No. 1 dance album on the Billboard dance charts.

erm what

Moderator 17,129
On 8/9/2023 at 10:05 AM, CHROMATICON said:

Renaissance has basically already broken Chromatica’s record and it’s now the longest No. 1 dance album on the Billboard dance charts.

Chromatica never held the record and Renaissance hasn't been out as long as the record is. The Fame has 175 weeks at #1 :icant:

• thanks 5

Monsters in the ATRL thread arguing that Shallow is bigger than Flowers when there's absolutely no receipts to back this up:katy:This fanbase can be so embarrassing sometimes. The only Gaga hit that could rival Flowers is Poker Face. 

It's pretty rich for them to come for Miley when Gaga hasn't had a solo #1 hit since 2011.

And there's absolutely no evidence that Flowers was propped up by Spotify autoplay when it was smashing on all platforms simultaneously. 

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo

A Popster Is Born 10,594
On 8/9/2023 at 10:05 AM, CHROMATICON said:

I truly want Gaga to achieve the level of success Taylor and Beyoncé are experiencing with their tours and music + Renaissance has basically already broken Chromatica’s record and it’s now the longest No. 1 dance album on the Billboard dance charts. LG7 needs to come through but there’s barely any hype for new Gaga music outside Gaga’s fanbase.

Just my opinion but a total silent hiatus doesn't seem to match to Lady Gaga for a big come back. I think she should build hype asap. Even her fanbase is bored and unhyped. 

That said we may be ahead of a couple of years without any new music release by Gaga (not talking about the Joker Judy Garland jazz covers) 

• sad 1

On 8/9/2023 at 3:05 AM, CHROMATICON said:

Gaga just doesn't appeal to casuals like Tay and Bey do.

• sad 1

Taylor appeals to country music fans along with pop fans, which makes her a force while Bey appeals to RnB fans and the black community along with pop fans. Gaga only has her diehards, and female pop fans to carry her music. I think she gained some older fans with C2C and ASIB, but they might not check out an EDM album.

• paws up 2

On 8/9/2023 at 6:54 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Beyoncé US numbers are  INSANE if we thought her european gross was impressive 

Taylor will have to film stadiums behind the stage to get that gross btw

$16M each from NYC aka more than $300 avg price oh her Touring power is insane 

well ticket now are really expensive, i think only coldplay and ed sheeran have cheap tickets.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:11 AM, Andreu said:

Lmaoooooooo

But I thought this one was organic and Latto brought a different audience etc

Its BTS, so ofc its not organic, but lets not ignore the fact that Travis debuted 15 albums tracks above it....

Edited by Swallow
  • thanks 1