The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 8/1/2023 at 12:23 AM, BenG said:

Wow Enigma only lasted a year and it's been 3.5 years since the last show :dead:

As it should.. a sh*t show

• sad 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 7/31/2023 at 6:23 PM, BenG said:

Wow Enigma only lasted a year and it's been 3.5 years since the last show :dead:

It makes no sense for it to exist after Chromatica release lbr

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 7/31/2023 at 7:03 PM, Stargazer said:

The fact that she finally changed her bio and YouTube/Twitter header :darkmode:

Now we need a new profile pic :excuseme:

She needs to keep the flopatica ball until the dvd release :lesson:

Popster for Sale 57,272
On 7/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, Gagacharts said:

Sources:

Pure Sales - Most of the pure sales are from chartmasters. We recently got up to date data by chartdata and some other sources for her sales, so I used them. Chartmasters haven´t updated her pure sales since Dec. 2020.

Streaming - Well, Spotify and YouTube are pretty obvious. Just count them. "Other Streaming" is a claculation based on her % from other streaming services in realtion to Spotify and YouTube.

Your streaming number is definitively too high, you give 3.4M SEA to Chromatica when ChartMasters has it at 2.7M for example (they do include Apple Music in their calculation), 700k units come out of nowhere lmfao

+ 1.16M digital downloads for Chromatica songs is imposible, ChartMasters has it at 790k as of Dec 2020 after they basically stoped selling

Edited by Fame Romance

Popster for Sale 57,272

Speak Now Taylor's version #129(-48) on French Spotify and N/A on Deezer, yet #11 on the albums chart :dead:

Proves here in France people don't care about her and it's the same fans mass buying her albums and going to multiple concert dates :laughga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,958
x3
On 7/31/2023 at 7:24 PM, ViviLittleM said:

504k likes on Insta for her Vegas announcement, this is kinda high for that type of thing

People are probably happy that they didn't get a new Haus Lab ad

• lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

If she made this Vegas deal in the past month, one has to wonder two things:

1 - Is it because of the SAG strike? Maybe she had movie-shooting plans lined up and this screwed that up?

2 - Tony's health was declining fast, so they planned a campaign for once he died, which I'm sad to say feels like the truth. I went back and watched the CBS Tony/Gaga special after he died (it was "Featured" on the Paramount+ app this weekend). So these Gaga Jazz dates will sell even faster now that people have been reminded of JazzGa due to Tony's passing. The release of that documentary is timed to these Vegas dates... there are just too many coincidences here...

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 7/31/2023 at 8:54 PM, Fame Romance said:

Speak Now Taylor's version #129(-48) on French Spotify and N/A on Deezer, yet #11 on the albums chart :dead:

Proves here in France people don't care about her and it's the same fans mass buying her albums and going to multiple concert dates :laughga:

Impossible because she has sooo many dates there and all sold out, you're just bitter and pressed

Spoiler

:billie:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 7/31/2023 at 7:48 PM, Fame Romance said:

Your streaming number is definitively too high, you give 3.4M SEA to Chromatica when ChartMasters has it at 2.7M for example (they do include Apple Music in their calculation), 700k units come out of nowhere lmfao

+ 1.16M digital downloads for Chromatica songs is imposible, ChartMasters has it at 790k as of Dec 2020 after they basically stoped selling

Hey, I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I can only respond to this and not to further questions.

Chartmasters underestimates streaming numbers from other streaming services. When Shallow had 1.345B Spotify streams, they reported, that it had 730M (54%) from other streaming services.

Variety reported that Shallow has 2.9B (870M Spotify + 1.2B YouTube incl. UGC + 830M others) streams in 2019. So in this case other streaming services were nearly as big as Spotify, while chartmastres says they made only 54%.

I used the digital downloads from here: https://atrl.net/forums/topic/1075-lady-gaga-receipts-just-dance-11x-platinum-in-the-us/#comments

-Stupid Love 300k + Rain On Me 650k + Sour Candy 100k + 911 50k + Tracks 60k