The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264
On 7/25/2023 at 3:49 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

The fact Billie is pulling those numbers with a 145M playlist reach while Duayola has a 208M reach that keeps increasing everyday :rip:

And what did Miss HMH peak at for playlist reach? Surely 300M plus 

Sad Happy Hour GIF

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,367
Spoiler

off topic but i was so shocked with the rauwlia breakup I haven't managed to do anything in the whole afternoon  

thank GodGa at least the news broke when i was about to finish work :icant:

• shook 1
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,658

Troye saying in multiple interviews that execs nowadays are not really interested in funding music videos - which is why he's very thankfull for the attention Rush MV received- and that music videos are considered "dead" nowadays is really telling, and makes sense considering the crazy decline in western youtube views on the past few years. I wonder if/when we'll see a comeback, like when Gaga arrived on the scene. 

Edited by ClownOreos
  • paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 14,780
On 7/25/2023 at 11:45 PM, ClownOreos said:

Troye saying in multiple interviews that execs nowadays are not really interested in funding music videos - which is why he's very thankfull for the attention Rush MV received- and that music videos are considered "dead" nowadays is really telling, and makes sense considering the crazy decline in western youtube views on the past few years. I wonder if/when we'll see a comeback, like when Gaga arrived on the scene. 

i have just seen a video from Melanie about Atlantic only budgeting two MVs per era independently of how successful they are/the era is, truly tragic :bebe:

Edited by danwasd
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,658
On 7/25/2023 at 11:07 PM, danwasd said:

i have just seen a video from Melanie about Atlantic only budgeting two MVs per era independently of how successful they are/the era is, truly tragic :bebe:

dark times we're living in :bebe:

and I've noticed that the videos that do come out are so cheap :rip: 

On 7/25/2023 at 5:45 PM, ClownOreos said:

Isn't Gaga one of the few artists right now whose videos still get solid views on Youtube? Hold My Hand is approaching 200 million, Rain on Me is approaching 400 million. Heck, for not being a single, 911 at 80 million is pretty respectable.

I don't think its a dead medium, but when a hyped up video like Lavender Haze is barely registering, I can see why execs aren't even bothering.

• paws up 2

On 7/25/2023 at 4:45 PM, ClownOreos said:

Everything about the music industry declined with streaming. Labels don’t invest in videos, performances, artistic development or much at all. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,658
On 7/26/2023 at 4:37 AM, Thatkat4 said:

Isn't Gaga one of the few artists right now whose videos still get solid views on Youtube? Hold My Hand is approaching 200 million, Rain on Me is approaching 400 million. Heck, for not being a single, 911 at 80 million is pretty respectable.

I don't think its a dead medium, but when a hyped up video like Lavender Haze is barely registering, I can see why execs aren't even bothering.

Even Harry Styles video from his latest era sans As It Was have been getting embarassingly low views nowadays, 911 MV outviews all of them combined iirc

Edited by ClownOreos
  • shook 1

A Popster Is Born 14,780
On 7/26/2023 at 5:37 AM, Thatkat4 said:

i hate capitalism with a passion, the death of artistic expression at its finest :nicki_scream:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 7/26/2023 at 9:57 AM, danwasd said:

i hate capitalism with a passion, the death of artistic expression at its finest :nicki_scream:

And death of civilization (global warming crisis says hi :katy:)