The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3

I still hear Bloody Mary on the radio, at least 3 times per day. It's a massive hit and it's chart run doesn't represent how huge it really is

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3

Wow the new Britney's song is so so bad 

How she went from the best song of 2022 aka Hold Me Closer to the worst song of 2023:rip: 

And how some of you think that this is best than Stupid Love? Stupid Love pre chorus alone is 10000x times better than this 

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 7/23/2023 at 12:58 AM, Thatkat4 said:

Spotify played the new Rush song after I streamed Chromatica today. Spotify knows I'm a hunty and I love them for it. Such a great song I never would have listened to if not for autoplay. :teddy:

Poker face kept playing after ‘Mind Your Business’ they know their audiences hihi

On 7/23/2023 at 4:32 AM, Doncho said:

Bloody Mary could of been another entry on Top 10 IFPI but Gaga s team said NOPE

Harlem Shake, was a 12 week #1 and it has truly abhorrent streams on Spotify. defending interfad It’s not that easy to get a viral  part of a song or fanmade versions and transfer it to normal streams for the actual song. Looking back, after BM peaked they should’ve released the sped up version on YT/Spotify 

A Popster Is Born 10,623

Sounds like Warner Bros is considering shifting 3 of their big releases late this year to 2024 (Dune 2, Aquaman 2 and Color Purple) because of writers / actors strike.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/dune-2-release-date-change-2024-warner-bros-strike-1235676007/

If this happens, it's a 99% safe bet they'll push Joker 2 in 2025.

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 1
  • sad 2
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 10,623
On 7/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Pretty sure she has an album ready, the question is when to release it

Well sounds like she'll have plenty of time in the next couple of years to book a music era as her next actress project is not likely to happen that soon tbh

A Popster Is Born 11,899
On 7/23/2023 at 7:18 AM, little legend said:

Wow the new Britney's song is so so bad 

How she went from the best song of 2022 aka Hold Me Closer to the worst song of 2023:rip: 

Plssss :mess:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860

Top 10 on Spotify WW :darkmode: top 5 in the UK :darkmode: #25 in France omg :darkmode:

The smash of the soundtrack :giveup:

GODUA always wins at the end I always knew this song was going to be huge :applause:

Edited by Miaou
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3
On 7/23/2023 at 3:11 PM, Miaou said:

Top 10 on Spotify WW :darkmode: top 5 in the UK :darkmode: #25 in France omg :darkmode:

GODUA always wins at the end I always knew this song was going to be huge :applause:

I am obsessed with this song. 

Best song of 2023 :giveup: 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 7/23/2023 at 2:11 PM, Miaou said:

Seeing this later. Apparently DTN is played in full with all the big name cast taking part  dancing. An I ain’t worried iconic scene teas :billie:. Also some people saying that the MV played in full before their showing, her power?

spacer.png

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
On 7/23/2023 at 3:11 PM, Miaou said:

GODUA always wins at the end

not when Nicki and Ice's song is literaly one spot above in the WW chart  with half (or 1/10) the playlist reach :icant:

The Fame Popster 333
On 7/23/2023 at 6:38 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Poker face kept playing after ‘Mind Your Business’ they know their audiences hihi

Harlem Shake, was a 12 week #1 and it has truly abhorrent streams on Spotify. defending interfad It’s not that easy to get a viral  part of a song or fanmade versions and transfer it to normal streams for the actual song. Looking back, after BM peaked they should’ve released the sped up version on YT/Spotify 

Or, you know, if people tried just a bit, they'd know songs like "Harlem Shake" had a strong BB100 run because THE RULES WERE DIFFERENT. We already know "Bloody Mary" was in the Top 10 most on-demand video streams of 2023 - UGC streams were counted in the days of "Harlem Shake" all the way through 2019, and if those rules were still in place, BM would've been a Top 5 hit.

This data is available but Gaga 'fans' would rather make it seem like even when she has a huge viral hit (which everyone moaned about before 2022), she was still a flop.

I seriously can't wait for the day a new platform or means of music consumption takes off, or Spotify hides total stream amounts, so low-effort stanning can't relay on using Spotify streams to prop up or tear down songs to fit their narrative.

Edited by JustJames

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860
On 7/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, Andreu said:

not when Nicki and Ice's song is literaly one spot above in the WW chart  with half (or 1/10) the playlist reach :icant:

The Nicki song isn’t an original song plus it was released 1 week ago

DTN was released 2 months ago and the song is now cracking the top 10 

it will probably be the most streamed song of the soundtrack :applause: