The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,110
On 7/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, PanPikus said:

Ava posting a story with Margot saying Hey Ava Max / Hey Barbie with caption *recorded prior to 14.07 :laughga:

Good that they thought ahead for once, because now with the strike even these 2 seconds with Margot would be banned :icant:

Moderator 17,110
On 7/19/2023 at 4:19 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Last platinum album in Germany:

2018 Gaga - ASIB OST

2015 Adele - 25

2014 Taylor Swift - 1989

2012 Rihanna - Unapologetic

2010 Katy Perry  - Teenage Dream

2003 Beyonce - Dangerously In Love

N/A Ariana

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,645

Doja's song only lasted 3 weeks on H100 :rip: I'm sure they have at least one surefire smash on the album but damn, it's like going from Teenage Dream straight into Smile 

• paws up 2
  • shook 4
  • lol 2

On 7/19/2023 at 6:43 PM, ClownOreos said:

Doja's song only lasted 3 weeks on H100 :rip: I'm sure they have at least one surefire smash on the album but damn, it's like going from Teenage Dream straight into Smile 

Olivia will also see a massive sophomore slump.   

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,645
On 7/19/2023 at 4:51 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Olivia will also see a massive sophomore slump.   

Not comparable right now. Olivia's song is still sitting pretty at #3 on the global charts, 19 days after being released. There might be a slump but why massive? It's doing great, not everything has to he a Driver's License sized smash. 

Doja's lead single is actually bombing hard. But they can pull a "that was just a promo single and here's the real lead single now" and things can still get back on the rails, so we'll see. I'm sure some people are stressing out over how it's performing though...

Edited by ClownOreos

Popster for Sale 44,645

expected better since this is My My My's peak, but now that it's being serviced to radio, if it stays stable on streaming it could become a moderate hit in U.S. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2

Taylor Swift boosting the US economy is real, VISIBLE impact and it’s insane :applause:

When Taylor Swift came to Denver she brought a spectacle and left a $140 million economic afterglow.

But pop superstar Taylor Swift’s Eras tour isn’t just about the money. It’s also about friendship bracelets, handmade outfits, and connecting with fans from around the world.”

https://coloradosun.com/2023/07/17/taylor-swift-eras-tour-colorado/

• yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 333
On 7/19/2023 at 11:58 AM, ClownOreos said:

Not comparable right now. Olivia's song is still sitting pretty at #3 on the global charts, 19 days after being released. There might be a slump but why massive? It's doing great, not everything has to he a Driver's License sized smash. 

Doja's lead single is actually bombing hard. But they can pull a "that was just a promo single and here's the real lead single now" and things can still get back on the rails, so we'll see. I'm sure some people are stressing out over how it's performing though...

Not comparable in terms of promotion either though - Doja's *was* a promo single wasn’t it? It wasn’t sent to radio at all.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 7/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, JustJames said:

Not comparable in terms of promotion either though - Doja's *was* a promo single wasn’t it? It wasn’t sent to radio at all.

Correct - people are prematurely celebrating with Doja. People are forgetting that before WAP and UP, Cardi had Press, so it’s not completely over for Miss Cat. (Although Press was still a Tik Tok viral hit, it’s performance was lukewarm)

A Popster Is Born 11,827
On 7/19/2023 at 3:35 PM, Gagacharts said:

This Auto Generated Audio of "Bad Romance" has surpassed 100M views.

Total - 100.019.945

Slay!

Too bad its not showing up on kworb. Same with Shallow audio :bradley:

Popster for Sale 44,645
On 7/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, JustJames said:

Oh didn't know that. That explains it falling off in 3 weeks. It still had the #1 on TTH so the lackluster streaming performance is still bad.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 7/19/2023 at 11:21 PM, ClownOreos said:

Oh didn't know that. That explains it falling off in 3 weeks. It still had the #1 on TTH so the lackluster streaming performance is still bad.

if it was a hit it would be one of streaming from the #1 on TTH then take off radio so i think you were right :billiecat: they tested the waters, what would be the point of a song doing 20 weeks on radio that charted a week WW thats just a radio fuelled hit. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 7/20/2023 at 5:14 AM, Andreu said:

Sounds ok from the snippets but sounds like bad rodent ruins it