The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 7/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, thehanyo said:

Y'all, I've been holding in a secret for the past several weeks. For the first time in my stan life, I have insider knowledge of what LG's team is up to because I've been in talks with them (at my job) for something I obviously can't tell you about. The deal was all ready to be signed, pending the SAG contracts b/c she doesn't want to be seen as crossing the picket line since she's a serious actress now-- even if it's for only music.

As long as this strike goes on, we're getting ZERO Gaga public appearances. :( I'm devastated b/c I thought for a minute I was actually going to meet her for the first time. :bradley:

I’m confused…are you talking about a secret music project or a movie project, cause I don’t see what SAG has to do with her music projects?

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
On 7/13/2023 at 10:56 AM, ClownOreos said:

we were very lucky, for once, that J:FAD didn't get caught up in this 

we were very lucky 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525yys68hsaji9urzh1f

• lol 3

On 7/13/2023 at 1:09 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

I’m confused…are you talking about a secret music project or a movie project, cause I don’t see what SAG has to do with her music projects?

I don't want to give too much information away in case it still happens, but... it was a musical performance for an event - but her camp said she won't be doing it if SAG strikes.

• sad 7

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 7/13/2023 at 6:16 PM, thehanyo said:

I don't want to give too much information away in case it still happens, but... it was a musical performance for an event - but her camp said she won't be doing it if SAG strikes.

Swiftie bestie from USA said he doesn’t think strike will last too long because it’ll mean studios and streamers will  bleed money 🤷

A Popster Is Born 18,361
On 7/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, Gabi said:

So we have to wait until the strike is over or it’s not gonna happen at all? I’m so confused :gaga-scream:

We’re waiting. It may take a looong time though. Up to a couple of weeks I guess. Maybe over a month.

Edited by DonnieDarko

The Fame Popster 428
On 7/13/2023 at 11:34 AM, thehanyo said:

Y'all, I've been holding in a secret for the past several weeks. For the first time in my stan life, I have insider knowledge of what LG's team is up to because I've been in talks with them (at my job) for something I obviously can't tell you about. The deal was all ready to be signed, pending the SAG contracts b/c she doesn't want to be seen as crossing the picket line since she's a serious actress now-- even if it's for only music.

As long as this strike goes on, we're getting ZERO Gaga public appearances. :( I'm devastated b/c I thought for a minute I was actually going to meet her for the first time. :bradley:

That sucks for you, I'm sorry :hugging:

But it makes sense I guess. I was wondering about the Chromatica Ball film in all this, I can't see her promoting something on a streaming service during the strike. She's a member of SAG, she's on strike too, so no promo is allowed, even for a non-acting role I'd imagine, even if the line is a little blurry. 

Why do studios have to be so greedy :crying:

• sad 2
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 388
On 7/13/2023 at 11:34 AM, thehanyo said:

At this point it’s not the strike the problem but Gaga … 

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 18,361
On 7/13/2023 at 7:43 PM, Samueld9 said:

Can someone explain me pls ?!

It’s the first time in history that Sag AND Aftra are both on strike. 

Gaga is a part of this and she can’t, as every other member, do any promo for any of her releases, doesn’t matter movies or music.

• sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,319
On 7/13/2023 at 6:16 PM, thehanyo said:

we'll assume it was a jazz performance for some random wedding to avoid meltdowns :bebe:

• lol 5

Popster for Sale 44,319
On 7/13/2023 at 7:08 PM, ClownOreos said:

we'll assume it was a jazz performance for some random wedding to avoid meltdowns :bebe:

Spoiler

no but seriously from 1-10 how excited do you think we'd be by it? @thehanyo

ARTPOPster 1,600
On 7/13/2023 at 10:46 AM, Samueld9 said:

At this point it’s not the strike the problem but Gaga … 

No, sorry. Some things are more important than stans. She is doing absolutely the right thing by not crossing the picket line. Writers deserve to be paid equitably. 

These movies and TV shows rake in hordes of cash and writers and even most actors usually see very little of it. 

The strike may last for a while. We have industry execs saying that their goal is to "wait it out" until writers have no choice but to return to work because they can't pay rent. They want their writers to go completely broke and force them to work for poor wages. :disappointed: that's the level of evil we're dealing with. 

I hope the studios bleed money and I hope actors joining in forces their hand. They need to stop thinking they can get away with treating their workers like this. :stopga:

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 4

Popster for Sale 44,319

The strike in the 60's lasted about 5 months. No TCBf this year I guess :banana: I would say this album/era is cursed but the problem is that they draw everything out in such a way it's like they're waiting for a reason to not release stuff. 

Edited by ClownOreos
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1