The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 7/8/2023 at 1:30 PM, GraceRandolph said:

It’s not her, it’s Interscope and Bobby’s job. Gaga’s job is to make the music and then her label finds out how to promote it. 

except that according to the last leaks she pretty much has the ability to be like: actually, I'm not doing that ☝️🤓

• sad 1

Popster for Sale 41,785
On 7/8/2023 at 3:26 PM, corvus albus said:

I did that :ohhh:

I was given one wish when I became a mod :zoom:

strange use of ONE (1) wish :icant:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The way this album is shaping up to be a mini-classic despite its abysmal debut. The best female album of the 2020s so far hands down.

That's Chromatica 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, Ayobabylon said:

& I won't call renaissance rollout traditional

bc no mv no visuals no photos...and its doing well on charts bc the lead singles aren't carrying it on their back

Album tracks are doing 300k-400k Streams daily e.g it will soon have 8-9 album tracks with 100M+ Streams meanwhile Chromatica only had 911 that too with a mv

Public rejected it. She had big plans for this era but none could make it work if music is not sticking

It's 2023, having a video or not doesn't matter for a single, nowadays promotion is basically playlists and radio, period. Videos stopped being crucial at least 5 years ago now.

Cuff It is approaching 1 full year on TTH, that's more than twice as long as Stupid Love and Rain on Me have been there combined.

Also, Spotify grew at least 50% from 2020 to 2022, so there's no point in comparing Chromatica and Renaissance streams, stop trying it.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 7/8/2023 at 10:03 PM, CrankThat said:

It's 2023, having a video or not doesn't matter for a single, nowadays promotion is basically playlists and radio, period. Videos stopped being crucial at least 5 years ago now.

Cuff It is approaching 1 full year on TTH, that's more than twice as long as Stupid Love and Rain on Me have been there combined.

Also, Spotify grew at least 50% from 2020 to 2022, so there's no point in comparing Chromatica and Renaissance streams, stop trying it.

im just giving example but u took it wrong way

Lets compare 2019 hitless album NFR then 

its album tracks have 250m-300M even 500m Streams and approaching 3M daily Streams and the only thing lana did for promo was a 10 min music video and $10 photoshop....good work finds its way it will soon renenter billboard which non of frontloaded albums can do

Hitless born to die pulling more units than 6 diamond hit albums like TD

this would not have been possible without streaming era so artists need to evolve from that 2 generic hits per album era

album artists are thriving now

Singles artists are always frontloaded e.g ariana 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 7/8/2023 at 2:31 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

If you launch a song with TTH and radio and  it’s good it’ll be a hit. That’s it. Smash albums are harder to get because of the attention span of the audience these days, that’s more for artists with large bases who can do this. Also it’s about taking your brand and offering something new.  A 5 singles dance pop era are for young artists in their prime.

Katy is constantly trying to recreate prism from the same catastrophic results but stans think cause these old songs are smashing there’s demand for more of same thing  :rip:

a hit is a hit but in 2023 u dont need them to sell albums like 2010s thats my point

Planet her has more hits than sour but which album has sold 15M units? The one with album tracks getting MASSIVE Streams 

It would've survived if driver license or goof for u weren't pushed on radios for #1

its an achivement but slow burning success tastes better than frontloaded 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 7/8/2023 at 9:48 PM, CrankThat said:

That's Chromatica 

Chromatica is diamond certified (1st and last album to do that) album on planet Chromatica wdym

Popster for Sale 41,785
On 7/8/2023 at 6:37 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Not Swifties sad because HDD predicted 700k and not 1M :rip:

Amazing for her standarts :applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3

LADY GAGA

Spotify:

#1 Mexico

#12 United States

#14 Guatemala

#15 Worldwide

#23 Honduras

#40 Nicaragua

#52 El Salvador

#81 Panama

#89 Bolivia

#97 Colombia

#104 Costa Rica

#108 Ecuador

#128 Paraguay

Apple Music:

#1 Mexico

#11 Guatemala

#15 Honduras

#22 Nicaragua

#36 United States

#67 Colombia

#70 Belize

#76 El Salvador

#81 Bolivia

#92 Paraguay

YouTube:

#12 Mexico

#18 United States

#32 Guatemala

#59 Honduras

#78 El Salvador

iTunes:

#26 Mexico

Shazam:

#8 Mexico

#50 Colombia

#53 United States

#56 Ecuador

#120 Worldwide

#141 Costa Rica

Deezer:

#2 Mexico

#24 Guatemala

#32 Honduras

#95 El Salvador

#99 Ecuador 

And you think that Taylor is the biggest global pop stat 

Gaga won 

AliveEmbellishedAmmonite-size_restricted

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

Taylor still not able to has the #1 song in AM US with a song from SN (TV)

gunna is so strong it seems