The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 7/7/2023 at 9:17 PM, Ayobabylon said:

& I won't call renaissance rollout traditional

bc no mv no visuals no photos...and its doing well on charts bc the lead singles aren't carrying it on their bacK

Album tracks are doing 300k-400k Streams daily e.g it will soon have 8-9 album tracks with 100M+ Streams meanwhile Chromatica only had 911 that too with a mv… The Public rejected it. She had big plans for this era but none could make it work if music is not sticking

Good work finds its way

If you launch a song with TTH and radio and  it’s good it’ll be a hit. That’s it. Smash albums are harder to get because of the attention span of the audience these days, that’s more for artists with large bases who can do this. Also it’s about taking your brand and offering something new.  A 5 singles dance pop era are for young artists in their prime.

Katy is constantly trying to recreate prism from the same catastrophic results but stans think cause these old songs are smashing there’s demand for more of same thing  :rip:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

On 7/8/2023 at 4:01 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

If you launch a song with TTH and radio and  it’s good it’ll be a hit. That’s it. Smash albums are harder to get because of the attention span of the audience these days, that’s more for artists with large bases who can do this. Also it’s about taking your brand and offering something new.  A 5 singles dance pop era are for young artists in their prime.

Katy is constantly trying to recreate prism from the same catastrophic results but stans think cause these old songs are smashing there’s demand for more of same thing  :rip:

Nope. Marketing is huge. Gaga hasn’t truly found a way to market herself to the masses post-ARTPOP outside of her acting career. It’s clear that people like her music when they actually hear it (ASIB, Bloody Mary) but people don’t give her a chance because she’s not an artist who is as easy for Interscope to market to people. 

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 7/8/2023 at 12:52 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Nope. Marketing is huge. Gaga hasn’t truly found a way to market herself to the masses post-ARTPOP outside of her acting career. It’s clear that people like her music when they actually hear it (ASIB, Bloody Mary) but people don’t give her a chance because she’s not an artist who is as easy for Interscope to market to people. 

it's 2023, time to assume that it's not that she hasn't but that she doesn't want :lesson:

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 7/8/2023 at 1:14 PM, danwasd said:

it's 2023, time to assume that it's not that she hasn't but that she doesn't want :lesson:

Yeah she doesn’t want with her legacy sh!t :rip:

On 7/8/2023 at 6:14 AM, danwasd said:

It’s not her, it’s Interscope and Bobby’s job. Gaga’s job is to make the music and then her label finds out how to promote it. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Put a show on for your dick 
I'm 'bout to f- you to the max, babe Front row seat is the p**sy
And the bootyhole is the backstage
Let's f- on the ground, that's real dirty 
I'm readin' your body, I'm nerdy 
This cat got nine lives, so we got nine rounds
Until this p**sy gettin' buried 

spacer.png

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 7/8/2023 at 12:58 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

126M for miss Swift

This is her highest day ever right? How much did the album do?

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2

Oh that’s the amount for the album 

:rip::rip: she’s INSANE 

Speak Now won, it’s definitely the highest quality re-recording yet. I thought this one would be a little less anticipated but the hype has been out of this world. Bring on 1989 Tay!

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2

Biggest album debuts by female artists in Spotify history:

#1 Midnights 185.6M
#2 #SpeakNowTaylorsVersion  126.4M
#3 Red (Taylor’s Version) 90.8M
#4 folklore 80.6M
#5 thank u, next 70.2M
#6 SOS - 68.7M
#7 evermore 67.4M
#8 Sour - 63.2M
#9 30 - 60.9M
#10 Positions 58.7M

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 25,796
On 7/8/2023 at 2:00 PM, Delusional said:

This is her highest day ever right? How much did the album do?

No she wont beat her record (228M), gotta wait 1989 for that

Edited by Matteo Remondi

ARTPOPster 2,014
On 7/8/2023 at 2:31 PM, corvus albus said:

warm pancake :bradley:

I legit thought this was a sexual innuendo :icant: before i realized youre a mod finally :flirtga:

• shook 1
  • lol 1