The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 7/7/2023 at 3:46 PM, artgagapop said:

hate how this didn't become bigger/lacked longetivity. It's still one of my most streamed songs every month :giveup:

yep... sad it hasn't smashed in the long term... like it deserves

Popster for Sale 44,323

it's pretty interesting how I have yet to come across someone successfully impersonate Gaga's singing vocals, and most AI covers using her vocals also suck

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 7/7/2023 at 10:02 PM, ClownOreos said:

it's pretty interesting how I have yet to come across someone successfully impersonate Gaga's singing vocals, and most AI covers using her vocals also suck

Yeah, all of them are awful. Most Britney/Ariana AI covers are amazing though. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 7/7/2023 at 9:36 PM, FRANZGA said:

TAYLOR is clearly BIGGER than Madonna in the US..

But her success is giving BTS Vibes.. Big Cult Base Energy.. i mean, her latest singles are quite unknown :laughga:

yes 

people say gaga declined but i see her career still following madonna trajectory tbh

Madonna also had ups & downs 

But she came stronger after her lows thats why she was such a global phenomenon 

madonna’s 6th album bed time stories sold 182k or something in its first week and Chromatica did 273k as well

Taylor clearly the most popular Artist of all time in USA

i mean she can get $3 to $4 billion tour gross from they country alone if she wants atm...that is massive and still doing million units debuts 

but she is not an artist for grown up people her music is very pg13 and what a 8th grader will call masterpiece

pg13 Artists will always be bigger than artists who makes music for grownups

She is an olivia, selana, ari, bts black pink type of popstar

Not gaga or Beyoncé or adele type 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 7/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

I love Electric Touch

the best among vault songs I think

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 7/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, Thrasher said:

I agree for the most part of what you said, but somehow I also think that streaming era has made it harder for “album artists”… Bey’s own Lemonade and Self-Titled clearly aged bad on streaming despite smashing back then, and she went back to a traditional rollout with Renaissance (she objectively needed BMS and Cuff It doing well, and she released the AHAP remix as well).

Between popgirls, only Taylor is currently able to smash with an album as a whole thanks to her fanbase + alt or hip-hop girls trending at the moment or thanks to fanbases/Gen Z as well (Lana, Billie, SZA, Ariana some years ago). 

Gaga just needs a decent combination of both, like look at ASIB: there are still those tracks that aren’t particularly well-received on streaming (HBF, Heal Me etc.) but Shallow, ARUTW and INLA make up for those and the album overall is perceived as quality. She needs good body of work and those 3-4 tracks designed to be singles as well. 

Asib has either hit or miss songs

I won't call heal me a good song & the fact she needed 2-3 more songs like inla or arutw in it and the album would still be charting

And the fact that shallow is the only single from it but it ended her albums with 2-3 singles 

agree or not but recent gaga is just singles no memorable album tracks except asib 

& I won't call renaissance rollout traditional

bc no mv no visuals no photos...and its doing well on charts bc the lead singles aren't carrying it on their back

Album tracks are doing 300k-400k Streams daily e.g it will soon have 8-9 album tracks with 100M+ Streams meanwhile Chromatica only had 911 that too with a mv

Public rejected it. She had big plans for this era but none could make it work if music is not sticking

Good work finds its way like u would not imagine plastic hearts outstreaming any ariana album in 2023 with FLOP SINGLES

thats the power of streaming era, singles have lost their importance which was to promote the album

So if she wants to make a commercial era then she should understand what topics are accessible to GP and what is the popular trend in 2023 

a mental health dance album was not a very wise topic to make a commercial era with huge promo and multiple singles.

and if she wants to make stripped down era (which i would prefer) then she just needs to work hard on music and spend 2 coins on lead single playlist with $200 mv and let the quality work do its thing 

She might not get #1 debut but if album does lets say 25M debut but  3M Streams daily after 3 years is preferred over Chromatica like album doing 50M debut 2 pre singles 3 high collabs and 800k 3 years later.

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 7/8/2023 at 1:41 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The way this album is shaping up to be a mini-classic despite its abysmal debut. The best female album of the 2020s so far hands down. 

Mind u an album with flop singles

U won't see Flower album doing this 

On 7/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The way this album is shaping up to be a mini-classic despite its abysmal debut. The best female album of the 2020s so far hands down. 

I remember this debuting okay actually. Midnight Sky did okay and the album had some decent legs, although I remember Dua putting Prisoner on her album and since it was charting higher, took all its points from Plastic Hearts even though it was really Miley's single which hurt its chart longevity. Still though, I think Plastic Hearts performance proved Miley had created a decent fan base and that radio would still touch her music.

Edited by Thatkat4

Oh, the secret last artist on the Barbie Soundtrack might actually be Beyonce. I forgot they made a Beyonce Barbie before(was a Destiny's Child set with Kelly and Michelle). Thats a prime example of an "Idiosyncratic tie".

Edited by Thatkat4
  • paws up 1

On 7/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, ClownOreos said:

I think it’s because her vocals have grown so much over the years and she changes up her delivery depending on genre so it’s hard for AI to replicate. 

• paws up 2

She'll be closing in on 20b total streams at the end of this year.

If she releases LG7 next year, especially before Joker, then we may be looking at 25b at the end of next year as well!

I remember when she was still below 10b total just like it was yesterday, she's come so far.

Spoiler

As long as there is no additional Acts for Ren, LG7 should also catapult Gaga past B*yonce's total. The meltdowns if it happens :rip: 

Edited by Arizona Sky
  • paws up 1

Moderator 17,056
On 7/7/2023 at 7:35 PM, little legend said:

Not the Ava Max propagandanists already taking over the world. 

TfbcA_.gif

Finally verified :icant:

Took some time with the website :peacega:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1